AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

spacemt354

Chili's
What does have to do with Disney or Mickey and how many people have seen these movies just like I haven't seen them so what a dum idea!:arghh::arghh::depressed:

I'm not sure what you're upset over exactly.

That Avatar is not somehow related to Mickey and Disney? Well...not all rides in Disney derive from the same sources. They come from all around. Secondly, as mentioned above, a lot of people have seen this movie. In fact, it is the highest grossing film of all-time (by quite a large margin) The only thing 'dum' about Avatar is how long it is taking to construct...

Side Note: For some reason I get e-mails about this thread whenever someone posts. When I saw it at first I was like "ohh yes news!!" When I got here, that excitement soon dissipated....

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'm not sure what you're upset over exactly.

That Avatar is not somehow related to Mickey and Disney? Well...not all rides in Disney derive from the same sources. They come from all around.
Tower of Terror. One of the best rides in any Disney park. Not based on Disney films or characters. Same goes for Haunted Mansion. I've never ridden, but Mystic Manor looks really cool too.

doctornick

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye

I guess that would arguably fit the theme as well as Mystic Manor, but I feel like Mystic Manor would go better in DAK. At a minimum, at least an animal is a key actor in Mystic Manor.

Furthermore, I don't think the should a clone of IJ in the same park as Dinosaur, with the same ride system. I'm not one who complains that much about cloning ride systems, but putting them in different parks would be ideal (I'm all for the IJ ride coming to DHS or MK). Also, DAK needs more calmer family rides than a ride that is bumpy and has a 44" height restriction.

(Not that I would complain if they decided to add IJ to DAK.....)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I guess that would arguably fit the theme as well as Mystic Manor, but I feel like Mystic Manor would go better in DAK. At a minimum, at least an animal is a key actor in Mystic Manor.

Furthermore, I don't think the should a clone of IJ in the same park as Dinosaur, with the same ride system. I'm not one who complains that much about cloning ride systems, but putting them in different parks would be ideal (I'm all for the IJ ride coming to DHS or MK). Also, DAK needs more calmer family rides than a ride that is bumpy and has a 44" height restriction.

(Not that I would complain if they decided to add IJ to DAK.....)

I wasn't advocating it for AK, just an example of how a non-Disney IP was turned into a first rate attraction.

Atomicmickey

The Bing maps aerial view (not the bird's eye) have recently been updated with images from earlier this year. You can see the work going on in the Avatar area right before the FotLK theater was demolished, the building is still there but the land around it has been cleaed.

I appreciate the intensity and dedication to check out Bing maps. Sounds like something I'd obsessively do, but since I haven't, I'm grateful that you did.

So, excuse me while I go get my new aerial photo fix by looking at old new aerial photos. Or is it new, old? Whatever, it's construction! Must look!

Mickeyrific

I personally don't think this a good idea. First of all, Avatar is not known by many small children now a days and it interests most adults/teenagers/older children. I think AK should keep Disney, Disney instead of taking a leap and adding this new addition. I previously went last November and I saw no progress, nor an area blocked off.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I personally don't think this a good idea. First of all, Avatar is not known by many small children now a days and it interests most adults/teenagers/older children. I think AK should keep Disney, Disney instead of taking a leap and adding this new addition. I previously went last November and I saw no progress, nor an area blocked off.
WDW isn't just for small children.

And you wouldn't have seen the progress as it is mostly currently being built on previously unoccupied land.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Avatar had not started construction at that point, but if you were in the Africa area you would have seen a large area blocked off for the new Festival of the Lion King theater which was the first step towards Avatar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom