lazyboy97o

This is the dedication plaque...

Welcome to a kingdom of animals... real, ancient and imagined;
a kingdom ruled by lions, dinosaurs and dragons;
a kingdom of balance, harmony and survival;
a kingdom we enter to share in the wonder,
gaze at the beauty, thrill at the drama
and learn.

It sounds like Pandora is as a better thematic connection as Up or Finding Nemo.
Yes, I am well aware of what the dedication plaque says. And as I have said now numerous times, the content of the park goes beyond just what is stated there but into what was explored and accomplished. I completely agree that Up and Finding Nemo have little place in the park as merely having animals or taking place in exotic environments should not be enough. This is also why I would also not be on board with a non-film associated alien land like you postulate in your next post. My issue is not with Avatar as a subject for a themed experience, but with its inclusion in the last park at Walt Disney World with a strong commitment to its individual identity.

lazyboy97o

How can it have "fallen flat"?
They haven't even finished building it yet.
One single attraction is not going to magically change what is already there. It's a small coaster with a neat gimmick that is not entirely as new as Disney fans like to claim. Even if it were amazing, it is unrelated to the other stories being told. It may help make things pretty, but it does not build to any sort of cohesive experience.

Bairstow

One single attraction is not going to magically change what is already there. It's a small coaster with a neat gimmick that is not entirely as new as Disney fans like to claim. Even if it were amazing, it is unrelated to the other stories being told. It may help make things pretty, but it does not build to any sort of cohesive experience.

How could anyone in that area have had a cohesive experience when every second is spent with a construction wall to your back?
It's not so much that there's an attraction to be added, it's that until the walls are removed it will be impossible to truly see what sort of space has been built there.

lazyboy97o

How could anyone in that area have had a cohesive experience when every second is spent with a construction wall to your back?
It's not so much that there's an attraction to be added, it's that until the walls are removed it will be impossible to truly see what sort of space has been built there.
Because they're ultimately unrelated to each other. That's why the Meet and Greet complex could be pulled out and the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train dropped in. New Fantasyland is different individual components pegged together.

RandySavage

Because they're ultimately unrelated to each other. That's why the Meet and Greet complex could be pulled out and the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train dropped in. New Fantasyland is different individual components pegged together.

Woven together. As are many of the best themed lands ever built (e.g. Paris Adventureland). In the language of theme parks, attractions are the vocabulary, and the elements that tie them together are the grammar. New Fantasyland has fantastic grammar, far better than the original Fantasyland built at MK, despite our shared reverence for the legendary Gen I designers.

AdventureHasAName

I think I am going to save myself a lot of time and just keep re-reading the first page of this thread, since it's just the discussion over and over. ;)

That's understandable because the fundamentals of the argument have not changed since the day it was announced ... one group thinks Avatar is overrated and it's a waste of money building an Avatarland when the company already owns the Star Wars property, one group thinks Avatar has no business whatsoever in the Animal Kingdom park and the third group doesn't care about either of the first two opinions because this is new and they want something new.

Captain Chaos

That's understandable because the fundamentals of the argument have not changed since the day it was announced ... one group thinks Avatar is overrated and it's a waste of money building an Avatarland when the company already owns the Star Wars property, one group thinks Avatar has no business whatsoever in the Animal Kingdom park and the third group doesn't care about either of the first two opinions because this is new and they want something new.
Well time to put you to rest... Avatar has nothing to do with Star Wars being built.. it is coming... So like Ford91, get off your high horse and suck it up... Avatar is coming and no amount of your will stop it... Your constant whining about the same nonsense is enough to put people to sleep...

Suspirian

There's also those who fully support avatar but can accept the opinions of others...I mean...that's a thing right?

Figment2005

I don't think it is possible for any outside area of Animal Kingdom to be cool. The simple fact that the entire park is themed to be a jungle makes sure of that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom