• Space Mountain
Epcot

• Spaceship Earth
  • Test Track
  • Soarin'
Hollywood Studios

• Tower of Terror
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
  • The Great Movie Ride (definitely debatable given it's age)
  • Star Tours (I'd say the new version is an E where the previous version is a D)
Animal Kingdom

• Kilimanjaro Safaris
  • Expedition Everest
  • Dinosaur (definitely debatable)
Universal Studios

• The Simpsons Ride (debatable)
  • Men In Black Alien Attack (debatable)
  • E.T. Adventure (debatable)
  • The Mummy
  • Hollywood, Rip, Ride Rockit (debatable)
Islands of Adventure

• Spiderman
  • Forbidden Journey
  • Popeye and Bluto's Bilge Raft Barges
  • The Hulk (debatable)
  • Dragon Challenge (debatable)
  • Jurassic Park River Adventure (debatable)
  • Ripsaw Falls (debatable)

Good choices. But I disagree about Jungle Cruise being an "E ticket. It's so dated and hokey I'd give it an "F".

As for Universal, I'd call the new "Despicable Me" ride an "E" ticket.

ctxak98

Magic Kingdom
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Splash Mountain
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • The Haunted Mansion
  • it's a small world
  • Space Mountain
Epcot

• Spaceship Earth
  • Test Track
  • Soarin'
Hollywood Studios

• Tower of Terror
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
  • The Great Movie Ride (definitely debatable given it's age)
  • Star Tours (I'd say the new version is an E where the previous version is a D)
Animal Kingdom

• Kilimanjaro Safaris
  • Expedition Everest
  • Dinosaur (definitely debatable)
Universal Studios

• The Simpsons Ride (debatable)
  • Men In Black Alien Attack (debatable)
  • E.T. Adventure (debatable)
  • The Mummy
  • Hollywood, Rip, Ride Rockit (debatable)
Islands of Adventure

• Spiderman
  • Forbidden Journey
  • The Hulk (debatable)
OK , I am not being biased here because I love dinosaur! BUT how is Dinosaur debatable for an E Ticket!? The animatronics alone make it an E ticket. Not to mention the vehicle and story clearly make it superior to most dark rides of its kind...which are hard to come by.

RyenDeckard

But how old were those people? 30 maybe 40? I can understand watching movies change so suddenly it can be annoying. I haven't heard complaints from anyone around my age group, they thought the idea of an Avatarland was amazing.

This is an old post (about ten pages now) but I never got a chance to respond. These people are either the internet (reddit, something awful, etc.) where I constantly see star wars, potter, etc references but not a peep about avatar, or friends in my age bracket (18-24).

Face it, Avatar was a financial success but a popular culture failure. The only thing it contributed to popular culture is the 3d movie/television fad that is now starting to die out, besides that it was entirely forgettable. I've never seen the movie personally, but even before I had any exposure to the Harry Potter franchise I could name the three main characters, I couldn't tell you the name of a single character from the Avatar franchise.

Again, I haven't seen the film, but I'm the norm here for people who haven't seen it. Whereas other major franchises, hell even Twilight which I've never seen, I can name major characters and associate with them. With Avatar the only exposure I have to the franchise anymore is...on these message boards.

WED99

This is an old post (about ten pages now) but I never got a chance to respond. These people are either the internet (reddit, something awful, etc.) where I constantly see star wars, potter, etc references but not a peep about avatar, or friends in my age bracket (18-24).

Face it, Avatar was a financial success but a popular culture failure. The only thing it contributed to popular culture is the 3d movie/television fad that is now starting to die out, besides that it was entirely forgettable. I've never seen the movie personally, but even before I had any exposure to the Harry Potter franchise I could name the three main characters, I couldn't tell you the name of a single character from the Avatar franchise.

Again, I haven't seen the film, but I'm the norm here for people who haven't seen it. Whereas other major franchises, hell even Twilight which I've never seen, I can name major characters and associate with them. With Avatar the only exposure I have to the franchise anymore is...on these message boards.
You don't need to know any of the characters to understand Avatarland, Disney is basing it off Pandora (the planet it is set on) not the film. It's basically like Disney making a land off their own fictional universe but instead they used one they is somewhat popular in the current generation.

twebber55

i stopped reading when you said "I ve never seen the movie personally" any movie will lose its popularity if you dont continue to use the brand....lets wait and see how the second and third films do before we make assumptions

PirateFrank

Happens a couple times a year, like monorail expansion and DL vs WDW.
I've chosen to abstain.

"abstain" suggests that the discussion is something yummy, like a chocolate cake or pie.

Perhaps you should pick a word that suggests the discussion is illegal, very bad for you or both.....like "I've chosen to stay clean"

twebber55

"abstain" suggests that the discussion is something yummy, like a chocolate cake or pie.

Perhaps you should pick a word that suggests the discussion is illegal, very bad for you or both.....like "I've chosen to stay clean"
i agree im out on this thread until something new is worthy to discuss

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Just make it stop. E-ticket is based on draw not individual preference. The argument is pointless

I used to be very opposed to "ticket" discussions, but have over time have given up fighting it. Yes, the original assignment of ticket level was based on draw but I have come to accept that it is now used by Disney fans (and even internally) to rank rides. It is a subjective measure but I guess it does have some value.

WDWFREAK53

(I used RSoxNo1's list as a starting point)

Magic Kingdom
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Splash Mountain
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • The Haunted Mansion
  • it's a small world
  • Space Mountain
Epcot
  • Spaceship Earth
  • Test Track
  • Mission:Space (This one is borderline...it has all of the aspects of an E but seems to fall just a tad shy. I kept it here for honorable mention)
Hollywood Studios
  • Tower of Terror (IMO, the best example of an E-ticket)
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (honorable mention for me because of how close it comes...really just need to change the cardboard cutouts...aside from the Hollywood sign)
  • The Great Movie Ride (needs an update, but it has all of the ingredients of an E-ticket...was a little diminished once the hat went in to take away the "weinie" aspect from it)
  • Star Tours (I'd say the new version is an E where the previous version is a D)[Couldn't have said it better]
Animal Kingdom
  • Kilimanjaro Safaris (As you turn and get your view of the Savannah...it's breathtaking)
  • Expedition Everest
  • Dinosaur
Universal Studios
  • Men In Black Alien Attack
  • E.T. Adventure (Close enough)
  • The Mummy
  • T2:3D
  • [I have not been on Simpsons, Rip Ride Rockit, or Despicable Me so I can't comment on those)
Islands of Adventure
  • Spiderman (Absolutely!)
  • Forbidden Journey
  • (The Hulk comes very close but falls short due to the lack of "props")..Dragon Challenge has the near misses to pick up the slack)
  • Seuss Landing: I'd have to say that this is a case where the entire land is an E-ticket moreso than any individual attraction with it.

themonkeyisthesultan

Something has been happening at the cast overflow parking/presumed future Avatar land sight between Rainforest Cafe and Camp Minniemickey over the past week or so. They've adjusted the fence that's always been there and added some new fencing in, fencing off a large corner of the area. They also have been moving equipment (storage trailers, port-a-potties) into this fenced off area.

It seems like they're getting the area ready for something, but it could be any number of things (constructing Avatar, storing pieces of the FotLK theatre when they disassemble it or just better organizing the random equipment that's always been in that area, I really couldn't say.)

Cast members are being assured that Avatar is still moving forward and there are hints that Avatar is the largest part of a bigger overall plan to turn Animal Kingdom into a full day park but not being given any details.

It's as easy for cast members to check out copies of Avatar or books about it as Disney movies or books about the animals in the park.

Also, cast members were given the opportunity to play with one of the interactive plants that there were stories about a little while back (if you touched the leaves, it made the sound of piano keys being played.)

twebber55

Something has been happening at the cast overflow parking/presumed future Avatar land sight between Rainforest Cafe and Camp Minniemickey over the past week or so. They've adjusted the fence that's always been there and added some new fencing in, fencing off a large corner of the area. They also have been moving equipment (storage trailers, port-a-potties) into this fenced off area.

It seems like they're getting the area ready for something, but it could be any number of things (constructing Avatar, storing pieces of the FotLK theatre when they disassemble it or just better organizing the random equipment that's always been in that area, I really couldn't say.)

Cast members are being assured that Avatar is still moving forward and there are hints that Avatar is the largest part of a bigger overall plan to turn Animal Kingdom into a full day park but not being given any details.

It's as easy for cast members to check out copies of Avatar or books about it as Disney movies or books about the animals in the park.

Also, cast members were given the opportunity to play with one of the interactive plants that there were stories about a little while back (if you touched the leaves, it made the sound of piano keys being played.)
now this is worth talking about thanks.....

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

Cool. For what it's worth, the most recent thread revival was due to yours truly asking about the odds of Avatar proceeding at DAK. Your post is actually informative with respect to that query. Perhaps, a bit higher than everyone is thinking?

danlb_2000

Premium Member

There was just a permit filed for FastPass++ at the current FOTLK location so it's not likely that it will close any time in the near future. Maybe staging area for construction of the new theater?

doctornick

There was just a permit filed for FastPass++ at the current FOTLK location so it's not likely that it will close any time in the near future. Maybe staging area for construction of the new theater?

There's enough space in the area that they could start construction on some aspect of Pandora while CMM otherwise remains open. I do not think this is happening or about to happen, but FotLKremaining open is not a definate obsticle to construction being started in some capacity.

themonkeyisthesultan

If I were to guess, that's the one I would make. There seems to be more buzz about the new FotLK theatre than anything else. Whatever happens on that lot could be a strong indicator about what Avatar's timeline may be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom