AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

misterID

Did we actually expect anything different from Disney? Why build an E? They can build a C and call it a D, or a D and call it an E and people will run with it, like they are doing with 7D (calling it an E and a mountain, when it is a D and a hill).... As long as the lifestylers preach the word of Disney, then so shall it be!!!!

Don't forget the trolls and Disney employees they send out to argue that yes, a C ride is in fact an E.

I think the best thing at this point is if Avatar makes its way into the GMR, seeing how this thing is slowly deteriorating.

WED99

I'd say it's my third favorite behind Lincoln and Silver Linings Playbook, but yes, fantastic movie.
Really? You like Lincoln. It was a bore fest to me, I would have liked to see some of the civil war instead of hear about it. But I think Looper was number one for me now I think about it.

Captain Chaos

Don't forget the trolls and Disney employees they send out to argue that yes, a C ride is in fact an E.

I think the best thing at this point is if Avatar makes its way into the GMR, seeing how this thing is slowly deteriorating.
The longer this projects gets dragged out, the more it just needs to go away... I defended the project, I would have loved to see it come to life... But, now? They dragged their feet with this for so long, it doesn't even interest me...

dupac

I think it's been too long since the first movie was released. Maybe if Cameron actually released the next movie anytime soon it was spark interest in the source material enough to justify a land with "meh" rides. Otherwise the land needs to sell itself, regardless of the IP.

Take a look at the imdb.com Avatar message board.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499549/board/threads/

dupac

Woah, lotsa negativity.....lotsa spot on negativity.....

Of course, these may be people who have some sort of issue with Avatar in the first place, or people who didn't want to be the same as everyone else so they hate it just to hate it. But I thought it might be interesting to see some opinions outside of the wdwmagic community.

Here is Avatar's Amazon.com shop. Check out the dates on the reviews..

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=sr_tc_s...structured-results-2&qid=1361323675&sr=8-2-tc

DocMcHulk

Original Poster
This attitude is what tore the poacher scene from Kilimanjaro Safaris and washed the story out of it...
I never liked the poachers story line. It always felt forced. Just take me on a ride through the reserve and let me see the animals. No one who ever rode that ride cared about the poacher story. they were there to see lions and elephants.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

HAHAHA_NO_ca7fdd_433522.jpg

twebber55

some of you guys are blinded by your hatred... avatar is
the all time number 1 gross and then it drops all the way down to number 2 when you factor inflation
all time number one blue ray
highest premeire of a movie on FX...yep lots of people hate it

if you hate it so much why come on this thread?

dupac

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm?adjust_yr=2010&p=.htm

And to clarify, I don't hate it. I saw the movie. It was entertaining. I watched it on FX. I don't think it's a good fit for AK IMO and I don't think that it is a big enough draw for a couple of "meh" attractions. We all know that E tickets can be successful without being based on a well-known franchise. For rides based off of Avatar to be successful, they have to be innovative and entertaining. You should be able to take the ride, strip it of all Avatar connection, and have it still be amazing.

twebber55

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm?adjust_yr=2010&p=.htm

And to clarify, I don't hate it. I saw the movie. It was entertaining. I watched it on FX. I don't think it's a good fit for AK IMO and I don't think that it is a big enough draw for a couple of "meh" attractions. We all know that E tickets can be successful without being based on a well-known franchise. For rides based off of Avatar to be successful, they have to be innovative and entertaining. You should be able to take the ride, strip it of all Avatar connection, and have it still be amazing.
Domestic

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom