AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I just wish they would call it something else... don't call it "Avatarland"... however the whole land could be based on mythical (or beastly) creatures and Avatar among other things

Disney isn't calling it Avatarland, only the people on message boards are calling it that. Disney has only publically refered to it as an "AVATAR themed land".

RSoxNo1

Disney isn't calling it Avatarland, only the people on message boards are calling it that. Disney has only publically refered to it as an "AVATAR themed land".

The other name we've heard is World of Avatar, which could be shortened from James Cameron's World of Avatar. Personally, I think "Pandora" is the way to go.

bhg469

I'm pretty sure that was shortened from "James Cameron presents James Cameron's World of Avatar by James Cameron".

Its true, he isn't very humble but the guy can make a blockbuster that's for sure.

There was a time where I though he was just taking things he knew would be popular and running with it, but making an original scifi film that is such a success, it is impressive.

I sure would like to hang out with him for a day just to see what sort of toys he bought with his piles of money.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I was just thinking about why Avatar doesn't resonate as well as Disney had hoped.

Remembering Robert Sherman led me to thinking about the most popular franchises in film and theme parks. Avatar doesn't have any music that I remember. I don't even know the composer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom