AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Rob562

I think that finale scene where you're rushing through the geysers should be eliminated in favor of another animal area.

The problem is that there really isn't room where the geysers are for a true animal habitat. That's one reason for the geysers' existence in the first place. It's to get the vehicles from the savannah back to the unload area while threading the truck path between the train and the Exploration Trail. It's a very narrow space relative to the rest of the attraction.

-Rob

trr1

James Cameron sued again over 'Avatar'

found here
James Cameron sued again over 'Avatar' -- this time for more than $2 billion

"Avatar" director James Cameron has been sued for the second time in nearly as many weeks by someone claiming to have come up with the idea for the sci-fi megahit.

Cameron's attorney, Bert Fields, and Fox both slammed the latest suit by science fiction writer Bryant Moore as without merit. Moore, TMZ first reported Monday, is seeking more than $2 billion -- yes, with a "b" -- from Cameron and 20th Century Fox, claiming that Cameron used his screenplays for the movies "Aquatica" and "Descendants: The Pollination" as the basis for the 2009 film.

Moore is seeking $1.5 billion in actual damages, plus another $1 billion in punitive damages.

"Mr. Cameron was demonstrably the author of 'Avatar,' Fields told TheWrap. "We can prove that, and we intend to prove that in court." Moore's claim -- and, for that matter, any claim alleging that someone other than Cameron had authored the movie -- is "entirely without merit," according to his attorney.

A spokesperson for 20th Century Fox called the suit "baseless," adding, "we look forward to vigorously defending our position."

According to TMZ, Moore cites numerous similarities between the projects, including bio-luminescent plant life, spiritual connections to the environment, reincarnation and the appearance of mist in a scene -- yes, the appearance of mist in a scene.

Earlier this month, Eric Ryder filed suit against Cameron in Los Angeles Superior Court, alleging that "Avatar" was largely lifted from his story idea, "and "liberally and substantially uses material" that fell under his agreement with Lightstorm. Ryder claimed to have entered an agreement with Cameron's production company, Lightstorm Entertainment, to develop a movie based on one of his stories

NoChesterHester

found here
James Cameron sued again over 'Avatar' -- this time for more than $2 billion

"Avatar" director James Cameron has been sued for the second time in nearly as many weeks by someone claiming to have come up with the idea for the sci-fi megahit.

Cameron's attorney, Bert Fields, and Fox both slammed the latest suit by science fiction writer Bryant Moore as without merit. Moore, TMZ first reported Monday, is seeking more than $2 billion -- yes, with a "b" -- from Cameron and 20th Century Fox, claiming that Cameron used his screenplays for the movies "Aquatica" and "Descendants: The Pollination" as the basis for the 2009 film.

Moore is seeking $1.5 billion in actual damages, plus another $1 billion in punitive damages.

"Mr. Cameron was demonstrably the author of 'Avatar,' Fields told TheWrap. "We can prove that, and we intend to prove that in court." Moore's claim -- and, for that matter, any claim alleging that someone other than Cameron had authored the movie -- is "entirely without merit," according to his attorney.

A spokesperson for 20th Century Fox called the suit "baseless," adding, "we look forward to vigorously defending our position."

According to TMZ, Moore cites numerous similarities between the projects, including bio-luminescent plant life, spiritual connections to the environment, reincarnation and the appearance of mist in a scene -- yes, the appearance of mist in a scene.

Earlier this month, Eric Ryder filed suit against Cameron in Los Angeles Superior Court, alleging that "Avatar" was largely lifted from his story idea, "and "liberally and substantially uses material" that fell under his agreement with Lightstorm. Ryder claimed to have entered an agreement with Cameron's production company, Lightstorm Entertainment, to develop a movie based on one of his stories

Did the studio "rigorously" issue a statement against Ryder's suit. I dont remember one.

trr1

Did the studio "rigorously" issue a statement against Ryder's suit. I dont remember one.

I dont know but it seems that all the lawsuits are comming out after Disney and Cameron announced that they were to make a land based on the movie.
why wouldnt the suits be filed when the movie first came out instead of 2 years later?

samuel1320

I do enjoy avatar the movie, but I did not really expect that it would be something that is big enough to be made into a section of a theme park- especially a disney theme park!:dazzle: I really think that this will ruin the animal kingdoms theme , although I do think that it will include very nice scenery. I think there could be better additions really....what about TARZAN or PLANET EARTH ...those could be incorporated into animal kingdom

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I do enjoy avatar the movie, but I did not really expect that it would be something that is big enough to be made into a section of a theme park- especially a disney theme park!:dazzle: I really think that this will ruin the animal kingdoms theme , although I do think that it will include very nice scenery. I think there could be better additions really....what about TARZAN or PLANET EARTH ...those could be incorporated into animal kingdom

What do you invision as a Planet Earth area or attraction?

Tip Top Club

The one thing that the poacher scene brings is a finale! I agree with almost everything that's been written about it here, but what would the ride be like if it was just okay well here are some warthogs and ostriches....and now we're back, thanks for coming!

If anything ever does change about the story, or the finale, it's probably going to have to be a pretty seriously big change! At least for the Cast Members who tell the story every 20 minutes or so!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Has this terrible idea been canned yet? :shrug:

Give it a chance....they haven't even started the design of the addition yet.

Remember that the initial plans of the FLE were changed quite drastically after the first initial public leaks.

aladdin2007

I do agree that Tarzan should have a permanent attraction/area of some sort in AK. True it once had a show but its the perfect park for it. Its a shame they ignore things in their own studio library that are Disney, that could be incorporated into a Disney park, even if they arent popular anymore, they deserve a home/represention of some sort. Pocahontas, The Jungle Book, Tarzan....(although theres probably copyright logistics with Edgar Rice Borrough's co?)

FigmentJedi

I do agree that Tarzan should have a permanent attraction/area of some sort in AK. True it once had a show but its the perfect park for it. Its a shame they ignore things in their own studio library that are Disney, that could be incorporated into a Disney park, even if they arent popular anymore, they deserve a home/represention of some sort. Pocahontas, The Jungle Book, Tarzan....(although theres probably copyright logistics with Edgar Rice Borrough's co?)

There are issues with the Burroughs estate. That's why Tarzan was never mentioned again in the Kingdom Hearts series after the first one

JeffH

Plagerism

James Cameron sued again over 'Avatar' -- this time for more than $2 billion <snip> by science fiction writer Bryant Moore <snip> claiming that Cameron used his screenplays for the movies "Aquatica" and "Descendants: The Pollination" as the basis for the 2009 film.<snip> Moore cites numerous similarities between the projects, including bio-luminescent plant life, spiritual connections to the environment, reincarnation and the appearance of mist in a scene

After I read someones comment about how Avatar was ripped off from Disney's Pocahantas, I started laughing, and laughed harder at how true this is...the Indians were truely 'aliens' in a 'new world' who lived 'primitively' and spiritually...how the giant spirit tree in Avatar was a glorified version of Grandmother Willow...even the story mirrors Pocahantas: humans with superior firepower after gold/unobtainium without conscience, a human befriends an prominant alien/indian female and ends up standing up for the aliens/indians after becoming part of their spirit world...
MAYBE THIS is why Cameron teamed with Disney...Disney threatened to sue him for stealing Disney's idea?!?
Maybe in Pocahatas 3, John Smith will rip off his mask/avatar to reveal that all his people are actually Lizard creatures from another planet here to steal Earth's gold/unobtainium.
Maybe this had something to do with the Pocahantas attraction being shutdown at Animal Kingdom??? (kidding)
Maybe the writer(s) of V will sue Cameron claiming that they had the idea first, with US being the uncivilized planet and the V's, wearing their Avatars, were here to take our stuff, but between the V sympathizers and the resistance we won the battle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom