News Avatar Experience coming to Disneyland

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Thats a logical explanation as to why Disney doesn’t want to invest in Avengers Campus right now but it doesn’t make sense to me. This would be like saying “we’re not going to invest in a land based on the Star Wars OT because Boba Fett didn’t do well and people don’t like the sequel trilogy as much.” Thanos/ Iron Man/ End Game/ Infinity War that’s Marvels OT. It’s not going anywhere. Those are the characters the ride should feature. The story and whether it should be multiverse related or something else is another… story. Just all goes back to the fact that they don’t view the parks as their own thing. Synergy for the sake synergy is overrated when you are glossing over characters/ stories that are proven and have stood the test of time.
Marvel is an evergreen franchise. People want an Avengers E ticket regardless of how well the MCU is doing at the box office. As mentioned earlier I think another factor could be is they are waiting to break ground closer to when Avengers 5/Secret Wars start filming so they can film the live action portions of the ride alongside those movies.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'd rather have ElecTRONica back. ;) I miss Flynn's arcade!
Happy Joel Mchale GIF by ABC Network

mickEblu

Hmmm. Maybe my prediction about their only being one ride in DCA’s Avatar land is wrong. How much room could be left over after an E ticket boat ride, restaurant, shop and place making for the land? That bus transpo area isn’t THAT big.

I've personally yet to hear of AK getting ANYTHING from DL's Avatar Land, but if it's the E that would be exciting news.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Hmmm. Maybe my prediction about their only being one ride in DCA’s Avatar land is wrong. How much room could be left over after an E ticket boat ride, restaurant, shop and place making for the land? That bus transpo area isn’t THAT big.
Plus Most Disney lands come with 2 attractions minimum. The E ticket boat ride would obviously go where in the transportation hub, and I could maybe see a smaller D ticket of some kind replacing the Sunset Theater/Philiarmagic.

mickEblu

Plus Most Disney lands come with 2 attractions minimum. The E ticket boat ride would obviously go where in the transportation hub, and I could maybe see a smaller D ticket of some kind replacing the Sunset Theater/Philiarmagic.

The transpo hub makes sense for the large show building. I was also wondering for the smaller attraction if it would make any sense to use the Hyperion building and extend it out through the backlot and if it is indeed going to be swallowed up by Avatar land. The sky facade hides the building up nicely from the BVS hub. We re already used to that unethemed side next to Mission Breakout and then they could just have whatever Jungle facade elements on the other side. Unless they want an Avatar themed weenie at the end of Hollywood Blvd but that wouldn’t be my choice.

BrianLo

2008 was 85 years ago.

That would be weakly valid if this attraction was strictly an MCU attraction. But it’s not.

There will be multiverse and out of MCU hopping. I’d highly suspect the better Fox X-men to make a scene cameo along with clear acknowledgement in-concept we will get older 2D animated / comic content.

My understanding is we’ll be franchise hopping with America Chavez.

BrianLo

The coaster point is well met, I am just used to Orlando that has had a streak of coasters, so didn’t realize it has been a long while for DLR.

But this attraction is akin to Uni’s Spider-Man or Transformers. Which is fairly complimentary and non redundant with DCA’s lineup. If the water ride is true for Avatar, that’s actually pretty good variety. Ya they are both going to be a mix of screen and practical, but they are very different feeling experiences and neither feel remotely like soaring or guardians.

For Classic dark rides, we’ll see which of Frozen, Coco, Encanto and Zootopia bubble to the top.

I don’t think any coasters are in consideration for DLR right now, strangely. Tomorrowland redo sounds 7-8 steps down in their priority list these days.

It’s also worth mentioning again this is an HK co-development, and HK doesn’t need a coaster next to Space. It needs a blow-out partially screen mediumed attraction, like Spider-Man.

mickEblu

The coaster point is well met, I am just used to Orlando that has had a streak of coasters, so didn’t realize it has been a long while for DLR.

But this attraction is akin to Uni’s Spider-Man or Transformers. Which is fairly complimentary and non redundant with DCA’s lineup. If the water ride is true for Avatar, that’s actually pretty good variety. Ya they are both going to be a mix of screen and practical, but they are very different feeling experiences and neither feel remotely like soaring or guardians.

For Classic dark rides, we’ll see which of Frozen, Coco, Encanto and Zootopia bubble to the top.

I don’t think any coasters are in consideration for DLR right now, strangely. Tomorrowland redo sounds 7-8 steps down in their priority list these days.

It’s also worth mentioning again this is an HK co-development, and HK doesn’t need a coaster next to Space. It needs a blow-out partially screen mediumed attraction, like Spider-Man.

Agree that the water ride and Avengers ride will be non redundant and add some nice variety for DLR. My concern is that if Marvel or Star Wars doesn’t bring you an E ticket coaster then where do you get one? I don’t think it’s coming (or want) Tron in DL proper. I’m guessing DL Forward would at least have one coaster but based on what is the question? I’m thinking it would have to be a second Star Wars or Marvel land or GE expansion.

BrianLo

This sounds like a mistake. The America Chavez part

Like her powers are a McGuffin, not that the attraction is about her. The vehicle could also just mimic her ability.

I assume it’s a go gather up recruits to fight king thanos from different worlds type tale. Sort of the portals moment from Endgame, but it’s a lot more exciting of a ride to zap between the various worlds and settings. Lots of things they could do with that, even physical settings. Ending in the climatic fight.

mickEblu

Like her powers are a McGuffin, not that the attraction is about her. The vehicle could also just mimic her ability.

I assume it’s a go gather up recruits to fight king thanos from different worlds type tale. Sort of the portals moment from Endgame, but it’s a lot more exciting of a ride to zap between the various worlds and settings. Lots of things they could do with that, even physical settings. Ending in the climatic fight.

The zapping around sounds good to me.

I don’t think the ride would be about her but an America Chavez heavy pre show or her narrating the ride sounds possible considering the premise.

Last edited:

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
As I said, it would be like calling HMH a new ride. It has new theming, but the rooms and scenes are the same and the progression hasn't changed.

Hyperspace Mountain magically changes to a new attraction whenever the layover occurs.
Except that HMH and Hyperspace are temporary, while M:BO and the Indy retheme of Dinosaur are permanent, so yes, they are "new rides" as its a new experience. Sure, Indy is at DLR, but I classify a "new ride" as a ride that that resort's audience hasn't seen at the resort before. I know others agree with me on this. Indy is something WDW guests haven't seen before at DAK. HMH is not a new ride, because people get to ride it every year. Same with Hyperspace. M:BO was a new ride when it opened, because guests didn't know the show progression, the drop sequence, the music, the lighting effects, the facade, it was all new. Just the track was the same. Would you say Tiana's Bayou Adventure is the same as Splash Mountain because the facade and animatronics and music changed but the track didn't? Would you say Tiana's Palace is the same as French Market? Would you say America Sings was the same as Carousel of Progress? Peoplemover the same as Rocket Rods? Superstar Limo and Monsters Inc? Frozen as Maelstrom? El Rio Del Tiempo and 3 Caballeros? They're not the same. New experiences are new attractions.

Professortango1

Except that HMH and Hyperspace are temporary, while M:BO and the Indy retheme of Dinosaur are permanent, so yes, they are "new rides" as its a new experience.
Except Mission BO is so quickly done that it feels just like HMH or Hyperspace Mountain, a temporary retheme. The ride is still clearly TOT. Same exterior still visible under the black canvas on the facade. Same look of the facade, just with pipes on it. Same lobby, library, and boiler room designs, just with some junk thrown around. Ride system and progression is still the same. Its just a new drop sequence and screens on TOT.

While Carousel of Progress and America Sings were different shows, they both took place in The Carousel Theatre. The theatre didn't change, but the show within it did.

El Rio Del Tiempo and 3 Caballeros? They're not the same. New experiences are new attractions.
They are completely the same. They changed what was being seen in the screens, but even the screens and use of them are the same. That's like saying IASW became a brand new ride when they tossed in Disney characters and destroyed the rain forest to build America. Its still the same ride.

CaptinEO

Except Mission BO is so quickly done that it feels just like HMH or Hyperspace Mountain, a temporary retheme. The ride is still clearly TOT. Same exterior still visible under the black canvas on the facade. Same look of the facade, just with pipes on it. Same lobby, library, and boiler room designs, just with some junk thrown around. Ride system and progression is still the same. Its just a new drop sequence and screens on TOT.

While Carousel of Progress and America Sings were different shows, they both took place in The Carousel Theatre. The theatre didn't change, but the show within it did.

They are completely the same. They changed what was being seen in the screens, but even the screens and use of them are the same. That's like saying IASW became a brand new ride when they tossed in Disney characters and destroyed the rain forest to build America. Its still the same ride.
Don't forget Incredicoaster! The best product of the Chapek era! Red tunnels and static props. I'm glad the person who greenlit it got promoted to CEO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom