News Avatar Experience coming to Disneyland

mickEblu

Same here. Almost same ages as yours. Just went through it to where son is tall enough for any coaster or ride on planet.

40 inches for the little ones is a magical door, especially at Disney and Universal where the doors open up to lots of memories.

40 inches and your GOLD at Disneyland. Nearly everything opens up to you. Especially must be great once your youngest hits 40 inches. When you still have one under 40” you still have to do the whole child switch thing. Riding all together will be great and save some time/ running around. Right now we have two kids who want/ are able to do very different things. My son is now at the age where he even finds MMRR kind of boring.

MistaDee

Yeah, you get a really good tan at DCA. Especially if you’re under 40 inches. Everything is outside. The Avatar boat ride would be a great start. Then I think a Coco ride would kill it at DCA. Then I’ll take the coaster.

This is a really nice way to also point out how sorely this park lacks SHADE

mickEblu

This is a really nice way to also point out how sorely this park lacks SHADE

Hahah. I never really notice it. Maybe cuz I’m only there for a bit and spend most of my time at Disneyland? DCA tends to be our late afternoon/ early evening park. Only place I’ve noticed the lack of shade is in Avengers Campus. But the park really does need some more indoor rides/ indoor themed spaces. Part of the reason I miss ITTBAB.

MistaDee

Carsland, Avengers Campus, Hollywood Backlot, Pixar Pier are all relatively low on the shade scale, pretty much only in Grizzly Peak do I feel nice and shaded

I also usually visit in summer so that makes it worse

mickEblu

Carsland, Avengers Campus, Hollywood Backlot, Pixar Pier are all relatively low on the shade scale, pretty much only in Grizzly Peak do I feel nice and shaded

I also usually visit in summer so that makes it worse

Yeah that doesn’t help. I’m usually blocked out in July and don’t go much during August. But also Im usually just passing through those lands unless I make it a point to eat at Flo’s (in the shade) or Paradise Gardens (in the shade). Pixar Pier I usually go to at night.

MistaDee

1711480885735.png

Took this screengrab from the latest DSNY Newscast video: I hadn't seen the plans for the Eastern Gateway overlaid on a satellite image before and was surprised by how much potential space there is.

Obviously these are old plans that have since been rejected but it seems like they could potentially double the available space in Hollywood Backlot:

1711481547071.png

I left Disney Jr. theater, Animation Building, the shops on both sides of Hollywood Boulevard and the Hyperion Theater to form the 1920s Hollywoodland boulevard for the Red Car Trolley to run down. I also tried to leave two lanes of backstage access on the perimeter. Altogether this is 8.77 acres or 3.55 hectares

This compares relatively well to Shanghai's Treasure Cove land at 7.87 acres or 3.19 hectares

1711482743056.png

Obviously this is a very imperfect estimate but I thought it might be an interesting way to see how much stuff Disney might be able to include in the Avatar area. Treasure Cove has its E-ticket, a stunt show, two play/explore areas, three snack carts and one quick service food spot.

Between Hyperion Theater, Disney Jr. and the Avengers Campus show offerings I think this corner of the park could definitely use an additional ride over a show. Not sure what type of ride system would complement the Shanghai boat tech, maybe a minor coaster or well themed flat ride.

SplashJacket

MistaDee

britain

The original concept where we eventually split off into individual jet pack seats?

That was a super cool idea, a little like the Kuka arm tech in Forbidden Journey which I personally love as a system

I suspect "splitting off" would be as literal as "fly your individual banshee" is on Flight of Passage.

MistaDee

I suspect "splitting off" would be as literal as "fly your individual banshee" is on Flight of Passage.

do you guys know if there's somewhere to review all the reliable insider rumors about that ride? I'd love to refresh my memory on what exactly it would have entailed

TheDisneyParksfanC8

The original concept where we eventually split off into individual jet pack seats?

That was a super cool idea, a little like the Kuka arm tech in Forbidden Journey which I personally love as a system
You be correct. From what I understand the reason why that concept was killed was due to capacity issues. If this ride system ever sees the light of day, hopefully they will find a way to figure that out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom