News Avatar Experience coming to Disneyland

BrianLo

D23Expo2022_DLR_Avengers2.jpg

The Avengers ride is Thanos and all the characters. Including (likely prominently) the OG avengers crew. It’s pretty safe and battle tested, it’s taking the Across the Spider-verse route, cartoons can mesh with live action.

Also the theme park attractions are their own canonical universe anyways.

Just back up a dump truck to at least one of the Chris’s + Tom Holland and it’s a safe bet.

mickEblu

D23Expo2022_DLR_Avengers2.jpg

The Avengers ride is Thanos and all the characters. Including (likely prominently) the OG avengers crew. It’s pretty safe and battle tested, it’s taking the Across the Spider-verse route, cartoons can mesh with live action.

Also the theme park attractions are their own canonical universe anyways.

Just back up a dump truck to at least one of the Chris’s + Tom Holland and it’s a safe bet.

How come I never noticed any of the cartoon characters in the concept art before? It’s always fun to speculate on additions to the parks but I doubt I’m going to love this ride. I’m not a huge Marvel guy, I’m sure it will be screen heavy and the ride system sounds meh. The one exception is if they go with a rollercoaster.

britain

Would it be cool if they actually did include Sony’s “Spider-verse” characters?

Yes.

If they only include Disney+ cartoon Spider-Man and What If characters?

No.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
How come I never noticed any of the cartoon characters in the concept art before? It’s always fun to speculate on additions to the parks but I doubt I’m going to love this ride. I’m not a huge Marvel guy, I’m sure it will be screen heavy and the ride system sounds meh. The one exception is if they go with a rollercoaster.
I'm honestly thinking bringing in a rethemed Cosmic Rewind might be the best idea.

CaptinEO

I want a roller coaster. If a roller coaster doesn’t come with Marvel, Star Wars or Avatar i Guess you can kind of kiss the thought of an E ticket roller coaster for DLR goodbye. With that said there’s always a chance with a GE expansion or another Star Wars land in DE Forward.
We all know it'll be a low capacity screen based ride. It's how they do things at California Adventure.

J4546

I want a roller coaster. If a roller coaster doesn’t come with Marvel, Star Wars or Avatar i Guess you can kind of kiss the thought of an E ticket roller coaster for DLR goodbye. With that said there’s always a chance with a GE expansion or another Star Wars land in DE Forward.
im not a fan of coasters that much but done right sure. I want a darkride!

DrAlice

Eh. We just got MMRR and ROTR. DLR is due for a coaster. DL has gotten one since 1979 (Gadgets doesn’t count) and DCA since it opened in 2001. At least I know it’s a coaster it’ll be fun. Rather have a coaster than another trackless ride for sure.
I would agree with you, unless it is a spinning coaster with screens (🤢🤢🤮).

Disney Irish

Premium Member
You know its very likely in my opinion, especially with the new movie coming out soon, that DLR will get Tron.

MistaDee

Now we have to debate a Tron clone!?!? Haha oh boy…

I think it’s a good point that Disneyland might be up for a themed coaster as it’s next major attraction.

I’d love to see the Guardians coaster system used to tell a new story - maybe even Tron - but I sincerely hope they don’t clone Lightcycle Run and drop it into Disneyland.

For DCA’s mix of ride systems the rumored Shanghai pirate’s boat system is really a perfect complement to what’s on offer.

At this point I’m not even sure what we’re supposed to be getting with Avenger’s, is it the system that’s basically Universal’s Spiderman?

After that I think DCA could still use a show-stopping, trackless dark ride E-ticket in the style of Mystic Manor. I’d love it if they gave an original S.E.A. take on California’s history of eccentric mansions like Hearst Castle or the Winchester Mystery House, as @TP2000 has mentioned in other threads. That sort of immersive experience would really balance the rest of the park’s outdoor thrill or indoor screen based experiences.

Imagining a beautiful mansion where Goofy’s Sky School and Paradise Gardens are, it might take some IP to fit the pier (or for Disney to greenlight it) so I could see CoCo or Encanto being a good compromise

mickEblu

You know its very likely in my opinion, especially with the new movie coming out soon, that DLR will get Tron.

Ya about that. Wouldn’t really want it in TL proper. In an expanded TL into the bus transpo area maybe but sounds like that’s going to Avatar. I’d be ok with it as part of DL Forward too. With that said if DLR is getting one more coaster that wouldn’t be my choice.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Now we have to debate a Tron clone!?!? Haha oh boy…

I think it’s a good point that Disneyland might be up for a themed coaster as it’s next major attraction.

I’d love to see the Guardians coaster system used to tell a new story - maybe even Tron - but I sincerely hope they don’t clone Lightcycle Run and drop it into Disneyland.

For DCA’s mix of ride systems the rumored Shanghai pirate’s boat system is really a perfect complement to what’s on offer.

At this point I’m not even sure what we’re supposed to be getting with Avenger’s, is it the system that’s basically Universal’s Spiderman?

After that I think DCA could still use a show-stopping, trackless dark ride E-ticket in the style of Mystic Manor. I’d love it if they gave an original S.E.A. take on California’s history of eccentric mansions like Hearst Castle or the Winchester Mystery House, as @TP2000 has mentioned in other threads. That sort of immersive experience would really balance the rest of the park’s outdoor thrill or indoor screen based experiences.

Imagining a beautiful mansion where Goofy’s Sky School and Paradise Gardens are, it might take some IP to fit the pier (or for Disney to greenlight it) so I could see CoCo or Encanto being a good compromise
Having been to both Hearst and Winchester, I know you're against the clones, but might as well just bring Mystic Manor over and use either as the exterior.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Ya about that. Wouldn’t really want it in TL proper. In an expanded TL into the bus transpo area maybe but sounds like that’s going to Avatar. I’d be ok with it as part of DL Forward too. With that said if DLR is getting one more coaster that wouldn’t be my choice.
I know you're against it, but outside of maybe Cosmic Rewind, maybe I'm wrong but I think that is the most likely thrill coaster coming to DLR. As any other coaster is likely gonna be something like Wandering Oaken's with Frozen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom