News Avatar Experience coming to Disneyland Resort

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Hearing from incredibly reliable sources that the park will be renamed to "Disney's CineMagique Adventure"
"CineMagique" was a name of a show from Studios Park at DLP, so it would have made more sense there. So maybe that was a name considered prior to them picking Adventure World?

Also aren't they not using the 'S in their names anymore?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Credit to you! It’s even more fitting with Avatar, CoCo and Marvel expansions.

Only Grizzly Peak/Soarin’ might be a bit out of place. But perhaps a National Geographic theme/tie in could work there, since Disney owns that as well. And it would be great to get wildlife animatronics and an updated Soarin’ film anyway.
The idea of a Gravity Falls retheme for Grizzly Peak was suggested by a poster a couple pages ago, I like that idea.

CosmicDuck

"CineMagique" was a name of a show from Studios Park at DLP, so it would have made more sense there. So maybe that was a name considered prior to them picking Adventure World?

I'm pretty sure it was the one of the running favorites to rename Studios Park to before they eventually ended up with Adventure World.

But I was just making a terrible joke based on that

Loose Pebble

It would have been a much better name than Disney Adventure World. So I'm excited to see how much worse of a name they can come up with for the next one.

mickEblu

I've been told by someone that the placement of Avatar is "not very good" and "doesn't make any sense". They speculated that there is still a chance they move it and hopes that they do.

I didn't press them on any details. Take that for whatever its worth. They also did say the Coco placement is perfect.

Tell him/ her to tell him/ her to tell Disney that they should put Monstropolis in the backlot and Avatar in the Simba lot. Nobody would ever call it a half day park again:

Avengers Infinity Defense
Stark Flight Lab
Coco Boat Ride
Monsters Doors Coaster

On top of:

Mission Breakout
RSR
Soarin
Grizzly River Run
Incredicoaster
TSMM
Webslingers

Next thing DCA needs is that Cars Sci Fi Dine in. They can find room somewhere.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Tell him/ her to tell him/ her to tell Disney that they should put Monstropolis in the backlot and Avatar in the Simba lot. Nobody would ever call it a half day park again:

Avengers Infinity Defense
Stark Flight Lab
Coco Boat Ride
Monsters Doors Coaster

On top of:

Mission Breakout
RSR
Soarin
Grizzly River Run
Incredicoaster
TSMM
Webslingers

Next thing DCA needs is that Cars Sci Fi Dine in. They can find room somewhere.
No offense but I don't think Disney really cares what us on a Park forum thinks they should do.

Also has no one thought that Disney might have other plans for the Simba lot besides Avatar? I understand that some here don't think it'll fit in the back lot/transportation hub but as shown it can fit, its large enough space for a very ambitious Avatar land.

mickEblu

No offense but I don't think Disney really cares what us on a Park forum thinks they should do.

Also has no one thought that Disney might have other plans for the Simba lot besides Avatar? I understand that some here don't think it'll fit in the back lot/transportation hub but as shown it can fit, its large enough space for a very ambitious Avatar land.

I single handedly brought Coco to DCA and I can do it again.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I single handedly brought Coco to DCA and I can do it again.
Sure you did, it wasn't that Disney already had plans that were previously budget cut that they revived. ;)

I know you want a coaster, but if the back lot is too small for Avatar with a boat ride then in my opinion its also too small for Monstropolis with a coaster based on the WDW plans.

In my opinion, and of course I can be wrong, but any future coaster is going to go into the DLForward plots, maybe even the Monsters Door coaster.

mickEblu

Sure you did, it wasn't that Disney already had plans that were previously budget cut that they revived. ;)

I know you want a coaster, but if the back lot is too small for Avatar with a boat ride then in my opinion its also too small for Monstropolis with a coaster based on the WDW plans.

In my opinion, and of course I can be wrong, but any future coaster is going to go into the DLForward plots, maybe even the Monsters Door coaster.

IMO if the Doors coaster doesn’t go in the backlot it isn’t going anywhere in DL Forward nor am I sure it would be worth the space. Well, unless they announce some BS like Toy Story land or Zootopia land then I’ll eat my words. But I do agree that a coaster will be somewhere in one of the DL Forward plots. Seems like a pretty safe bet.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
IMO if the Doors coaster doesn’t go in the backlot it isn’t going anywhere in DL Forward nor am I sure it would be worth the space. Well, unless they announce some BS like Toy Story land or Zootopia land then I’ll eat my words. But I do agree that a coaster will be somewhere in one of the DL Forward plots. Seems like a pretty safe bet.
Well if Monstropolis ends up being popular at DHS, and I don't see any reason why it won't, I can see them bringing it here. As for whether its worth it or not, to me if its not worth it for a DLForward plot then its not worth it for the backlot either.

And honestly that is how I grade any project, if its not worth it for any specific area then its not worth it for any other plot of land either.

mickEblu

Well if Monstropolis ends up being popular at DHS, and I don't see any reason why it won't, I can see them bringing it here. As for whether its worth it or not, to me if its not worth it for a DLForward plot then its not worth it for the backlot either.

And honestly that is how I grade any project, if its not worth it for any specific area then its not worth it for any other plot of land either.

I would have to see what other realistic plans are on the table. Total blue sky anything possible like Star Wars speeder coaster or crazy stuff we haven’t even thought about then No I don’t think it’s worth it. If they end up putting a Toy Story land in there then I would 100% rather have Monstropolis.

The point of the backlot is that it’s a natural fit in that part of the park and you are building around a family dark ride that already exists. You end up with a net gain of family attractions vs a lateral move. I think they have enough room there for the coaster without touching the Monsters Inc ride but I could be wrong.

Suspirian

My new favorite thing is people proclaiming that Avatar is actually going to take over Grizzly Peak, which feels like a hilarious level of cope from WDW folks to be all "see, they'll ruin the west coast parks too!"

Its such a dumb take because the only reason people are saying that is because they're both forested areas and ignoring the fact that one is tropical and the other isn't. There would be no saving money in putting Avatar in Grizzly peak as the environments are not the same at all. It's really irritating lol.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I would have to see what other realistic plans are on the table. Total blue sky anything possible like Star Wars speeder coaster or crazy stuff we haven’t even thought about then No I don’t think it’s worth it. If they end up putting a Toy Story land in there then I would 100% rather have Monstropolis.

The point of the backlot is that it’s a natural fit in that part of the park and you are building around a fmsioy dark ride that already exists. I think they have enough room there for the coaster without touching the Monsters Inc ride but I could be wrong.
To me, and I could be wrong, based on the size of the Laugh Factory building and coaster layout I would think they need to or at least want to remove Monsters Inc. Also I would think they would want to redo it anyways even if they kept it, as the ride is set during the scare factory time period, whereas the land is set after they get rid of the "scares" as an energy source. So it doesn't fit with the land they are building.

mickEblu

Its such a dumb take because the only reason people are saying that is because they're both forested areas and ignoring the fact that one is tropical and the other isn't There would be no saving money in putting Avatar in Grizzly peak as the environments are not the same at all. It's really irritating lol.

Lol yea thank you. For a while Fresh Dave was talking about Avatar going into Red Wood Creek Challenge Trail. But not as a new build in that space like actually retheming around the Pine trees. Bro - what does this have to do with Avatar?

People talk about repurposing the GRR for the Navi ride because…. Water. Water and trees. Lol. Its one thing if they re talking about demoing Grizzly Peak and building Pandora from the ground up but that’s not they re implying.

Wendy Pleakley

Its such a dumb take because the only reason people are saying that is because they're both forested areas and ignoring the fact that one is tropical and the other isn't. There would be no saving money in putting Avatar in Grizzly peak as the environments are not the same at all. It's really irritating lol.

Grizzly peak takes up a lot of space for what is a pretty standard water ride you'd see at any regional amusement park. Yes, the theming is a step above but it's not the type of think we'd expect from Disney. A problem with DCA on day one.

Losing it and retheming the area is not something I'd have an issue with.

mickEblu

To me, and I could be wrong, based on the size of the Laugh Factory building and coaster layout I would think they need to or at least want to remove Monsters Inc. Also I would think they would want to redo it anyways even if they kept it, as the ride is set during the scare factory time period, whereas the land is set after they get rid of the "scares" as an energy source. So it doesn't fit with the land they are building.

That’s minor stuff. They could tweak the story around for DLR. As you can see they appear to be moving away from cloning.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Lol yea thank you. For a while Fresh Dave was talking about Avatar going into Red Wood Creek Challenge Trail. But not as a new build in that space like actually retheming around the Pine trees. Bro - what does this have to do with Avatar?

People talk about repurposing the GRR for the Navi ride because…. Water. Water and trees. Lol. Its one thing if they re talking about demoing Grizzly Peak and building Pandora from the ground up but that’s not they re implying.
Those ideas were before we knew that we wouldn't be getting a somewhat clone of Pandora. Now that we know 100% we're not getting a clone of Pandora and its focusing on WoW and beyond most Tubers like Fresh Baked have backed off the Grizzly Peak idea.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
That’s minor stuff. They could tweak the story around for DLR. As you can see they appear to be moving away from cloning.
Sorry I still don't buy it. If they want to redo the area for Monstropolis with a new flashy coaster they aren't going to want it next to a rethemed remnant from the previous backlot. Monsters Inc goes even in that situation where they stick with the "scare" era in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom