News Avatar Experience coming to Disneyland Resort

Vegas Disney Fan

The more I look at the concept art the more I agree it’s going in the Hollywood area, take away the artistic license areas that won’t actually exist and it fits nicely in that area.

IMG_0415.jpeg

MoonRakerSCM

I measured what I am 99% sure is the Shanghai pirates building/facility in shanghai... though I'm not familiar with the park in any manner so this may include a restaurant/shops etc... It's 3.5 acres. Good sized...

1723397381148.png

Judging by that wall on the north/NE side, it's a fairly tall building, but not horribly tall. Makes sense with the height of the rockwork we're seeing in the images Disney has released.

MoonRakerSCM

The more I look at the concept art the more I agree it’s going in the Hollywood area, take away the artistic license areas that won’t actually exist and it fits nicely in that area.

View attachment 808299
Yes, this is it exactly. I think the show building is hidden under the rockwork near harbor and under the 'magnetic' rocks. The kind of.... geysery water play area faces the esplanade. There is a possible rock layden portal near philharmagic (this would be right at the current west entrance to the backlot). Then the 'covered' entrance/channel with the awnings is in line with Sunset Blvd.

I kind of like the portal within the rockwork near Philharmagic... if that is the 'main' entrance, that guides eyesights of the reveal of the land more Northeast allowing full gaze into the rockwork above the showbuilding and way from the esplanade/space mtn/matterhorn direction.

Vegas Disney Fan

Yes, this is it exactly. I think the show building is hidden under the rockwork near harbor and under the 'magnetic' rocks. The kind of.... geysery water play area faces the esplanade. There is a possible rock layden portal near philharmagic (this would be right at the current west entrance to the backlot). Then the 'covered' entrance/channel with the awnings is in line with Sunset Blvd.

I kind of like the portal within the rockwork near Philharmagic... if that is the 'main' entrance, that guides eyesights of the reveal of the land more Northeast allowing full gaze into the rockwork above the showbuilding and way from the esplanade/space mtn/matterhorn direction.
With the bridge over Harbor they could theoretically expand the show building all the way to DL and have the monorail and the ”bridge” extend over the top of the show building.

Ghost93

It seems they aren’t certain on anything for the land except for this one ride. I wonder if they are still debating between the backlot and the Simba lot. The space differences would definitely play a factor into what they can build after this massive looking ride.
I imagine there will be 2 rides — the Shanghai Pirates esque boat ride and a ride that uses the same system as Flight of Passage, but is themed more after parts of Pandora featured in the sequel films.

mickEblu

So the Hyperion survives then? Used for Avatar? I think there is a strong case to be made for Hollywood Blvd to stick around for the Trolley and Hyperion alone even if it all gets absorbed by BVS. Im thinking the Hyperion, Animation and the trolley stick around. Certainly don't see a 5th attraction for Marvel. They re spending a lot of money elsewhere. If it aint broke don't fix it. The hub and spoke model from the BVS hub works. there's no need to spend millions reconfiguring that area.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

So the Hyperion survives then? Used for Avatar? I think there is a strong case to be made for Hollywood Blvd to stick around for the Trolley and Hyperion alone even if it all gets absorbed by BVS. Im thinking the Hyperion, Animation and the trolley stick around. Certainly don't see a 5th attraction for Marvel. They re spending a lot of money elsewhere. If it aint broke don't fix it. The hub and spoke model from the BVS hub works. there's no need to spend millions reconfiguring that area.
If Avatar goes into the backlot, it sounds like everything from the backlot part to DJ, the animation building, and the Hyperion would go.

Vegas Disney Fan

I agree, I think BVS will stay exactly as it is, all the changes will happen east of Philharmagic and north of the facades on BVS.

MoonRakerSCM

I think this will be in the expansion pad/parking lot south of the pixar hotel.
Absolutely, we know the parks will go this way eventually. I still think a few things-

1) Size is not a factor. Anything built in Anaheim will be maximized for land use. Wherever it is built on the property it will be tight and to the point (so the concept of allowing something to sprawl in the simba lot isn't be a thing).
2) The backlot and bus loading area (as shown by Disney in plans with a rerouted monorail) has enough acreage if comparing to Avatarland in AK.
3) I have a self belief that IF they were breaking across the road to the western 'Disneyland forward' footprint, they would mention it... something along the lines of 'the first step in Disneyland Resorts future is Avatarland'.

mickEblu

the artwork shared above the was overlayed over HL. Plus the land needs breathing room for the scale, something that would be compromised if they just used the backlot portion because you would have to work around the monorail beam and whatever bridge hey build for the new eastern gateway.

The consensus seems to be that changes will occur north of the facades on Hollywood Blvd. with a portal entrance. There is enough room for it there.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Absolutely, we know the parks will go this way eventually. I still think a few things-

1) Size is not a factor. Anything built in Anaheim will be maximized for land use. Wherever it is built on the property it will be tight and to the point (so the concept of allowing something to sprawl in the simba lot isn't be a thing).
2) The backlot and bus loading area (as shown by Disney in plans with a rerouted monorail) has enough acreage if comparing to Avatarland in AK.
3) I have a self belief that IF they were breaking across the road to the western 'Disneyland forward' footprint, they would mention it... something along the lines of 'the first step in Disneyland Resorts future is Avatarland'.
They did say a while back before DL Forward got the final vote that DL Forward would enable them to do Avatar which could hint at the Simba lot, but they would also need it to replace HL as to use the bus load area needs the eastern gateway built.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom