News Avatar Experience coming to Disneyland Resort

MoonRakerSCM

Oddly enough, Hollywood backlot with the eastern dropoff area (slated to be park expansion area when the Eastern Gateway takes place)... MINUS the Hyperion, is the same size as Avatarland in AK (~7.8acres)

1723357963132.png

It CAN be done...

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Oddly enough, Hollywood backlot with the eastern dropoff area (slated to be park expansion area when the Eastern Gateway takes place)... MINUS the Hyperion, is the same size as Avatarland in AK (~7.8acres)

View attachment 808113

It CAN be done...
Imagine entering an immersive land like Pandora and all of a sudden a monorail zips right through.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

View attachment 808113

It CAN be done...
Wouldn't The Sunset Theater aka Philarmagic also go as well
Imagine entering an immersive land like Pandora and all of a sudden a monorail zips right through.
Since the monorail beam apparently can't be moved, they would probably cover it up somehow.

MoonRakerSCM

The monorail beam CAN be moved (it has been discussed before on here back when the Eastern Gateway was happening) and it has been shown that the monorail can make curves as shown in yellow below (I'm too lazy to skew the concept image in any sort of proper way right now)-
1723358715287.png

Note the sort of covered archway (possible walkway) in the image lines up with Sunset Boulevard in this manner. The collection of buildings to the right of the red line could be for an eatery ala Satuli Canteen and you could blend in Hyperion by making the north side of Hyperion look like one of these buildings...

Also note, that the image as I have it rotated, the west, north, and ~NE sides of the land are all closed in via differing types of rockwork. Easy to do a 'Carsland' along that entire perimeter and close in the land.

Assumption here is that the ride building is the East and NE corner of that image (would make sense as it would allow the most buffer between Harbor Blvd and the land for noise/outside visuals etc...

Who knows, they might have an actual model of this thing tomorrow and we can get a proper shot of it to gauge some sort of dimension/entrances and try to see if it lines up anywhere.

Wouldn't The Sunset Theater aka Philarmagic also go as well
Nope. The area I outlined in the first photo up above in my previous post does not include philharmagic (which is just to the left of the line I drew in. As drawn it would require an exit back to Hollywood Blvd...

Again, the area outlined in that image is the same size as Avatarland in Florida. Just saying, it can be done... but they would be closing in the land with no allowance for expansion. The only other place it actually can go is Simba lot. The park is already built out for something this large (considering Avengers is taking over the last SE corner of the park.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The monorail beam CAN be moved (it has been discussed before on here back when the Eastern Gateway was happening) and it has been shown that the monorail can make curves as shown in yellow below (I'm too lazy to skew the concept image in any sort of proper way right now)-
View attachment 808118

Note the sort of covered archway (possible walkway) in the image lines up with Sunset Boulevard in this manner. The collection of buildings to the right of the red line could be for an eatery ala Satuli Canteen and you could blend in Hyperion by making the north side of Hyperion look like one of these buildings...

Also note, that the image as I have it rotated, the west, north, and ~NE sides of the land are all closed in via differing types of rockwork. Easy to do a 'Carsland' along that entire perimeter and close in the land.

Assumption here is that the ride building is the East and NE corner of that image (would make sense as it would allow the most buffer between Harbor Blvd and the land for noise/outside visuals etc...

Who knows, they might have an actual model of this thing tomorrow and we can get a proper shot of it to gauge some sort of dimension/entrances and try to see if it lines up anywhere.

Nope. The area I outlined in the first photo up above in my previous post does not include philharmagic (which is just to the left of the line I drew in. As drawn it would require an exit back to Hollywood Blvd...

Again, the area outlined in that image is the same size as Avatarland in Florida. Just saying, it can be done... but they would be closing in the land with no allowance for expansion. The only other place it actually can go is Simba lot. The park is already built out for something this large (considering Avengers is taking over the last SE corner of the park.
Only issue I see with your placement is you have to leave enough space for the EGW foot bridge and security/entrance area from the Harbor side. But other than that I think you're not far off.

captveg

Would also definitely prevent the elevation of the pedestrian bridge over Harbor from providing any awkward "looking in" sightlines if the back of the rock formation is similar to Radiator Springs.

If it goes here my larger questions are actually:

1. How do they handle the transition(s) from Hollywood Backlot street scene to World of Avatar? Is it sold from the Hollywood side as a currently in production movie set?

2. Assuming there's at least one table service restaurant in World of Avatar, is there any room left over for a smaller C/D-ticket attraction? Maybe something over the water to the front left of the circular rock formation? Or in the rock formation where the Millionaire building is currently? Would be nice that in removing one ride (Monsters Inc.) there are at least two rides added.

captveg

Expanding on my second question in my last post - the 3rd Avatar film is scheduled to arrive in Dec. 2025 and Avatar 4 is scheduled for Dec. 2029. The announcement today stated that this new land is based on Avatar: The Way of Water and "upcoming Avatar films," and one would guess this land will open sometime between those release dates. Could be any second ride they could be planning ties into movies 3&4.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom