Avatar construction aerial updates

dstrawn9889

thats a LOT of pilings in the second pic (north most crane, can even see more around it in the first pic.) all that acne provides stability for something large like a showbuilding, but is see none placed in such a way for massive point loads one would expect to hang an island from... top pic also shows just how deep they are going with the piers... unless they are welding two sections together for a single drive.

jt04

He said it again yesterday:)

It appears from some of the graphics above that there will actually be a bigger footprint than Carsland. They have to have something to fill that area.

It is almost incomprehensible when you consider the size of Carsland. Mind boggling really. :geek:

RandySavage

Thanks for the pics, Scott

And finally, a bit of guesswork on the overall configuration of things . . .

1HrnQwW.jpg

Appreciate your photo-sleuthing, as always.

My guesswork on your guesswork:
-While there will be a huge amount of rockwork around the E-ticket showbuilding (and foreground floating mountains), I don't think one should expect a range like Carsland's around the back of the land... DCA Carsland required that range for a number of reasons, but if it's not covering a show-building, Pandora should be able to get by with a heavily-planted berm as a backdrop.

-I think there's a good possibility the bottom 3rd of the area will be reserved as an expansion pad (maybe this is where the rumored bike coaster would have gone) and used as a staging for the current build.

-If you shift the red circle down half an inch, that may be where the big showbuilding (covered with mountains) will go, making the pic to its right the view entering the land down the central path.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom