Avatar construction aerial updates

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Most of whats there is demolition and site prep.

This is current:
Click to enlarge...

This was three months ago:
Click to enlarge...

Couple observations on this. From that last picture we had assumed the supply yard at the bottom of the picture was setup for Avatar, but it appears that was not correct now. The new pictures shows the fence gone and the area completely re-configures. The new picture confirms the location of this permit:

508 Rainforest Rd - DAK Expansion 12 wide Team Trailers

The black rectangle to the right of the picture is these trailers, if you look close you can see the 12 sections. There appear to be at least 3 pile drivers in the lower left corner of the work area about the supply year. A couple weeks ago there was a backstage picture that showed some equipment that was likely for doing grouting to stabilize the ground. I am guessing this is the yellow object just to the left of Rainforest, it's in the right location based on the last picture.

Atomicmickey

Thanks for the aerials, I crave this stuff!

You've inspired me to do a little comparative photoshop sleuthing.

First up, now that we know the full extent of the excavation, I wondered how it would
compare in size to Carsland . . .

m0VrRau.jpg

Atomicmickey

Here's a 3D view. To see it use the old "cross-eyed" viewing technique similar to this. If the 3D appears inverted (the ground is higher than the trees) then concentrate looking toward the opposite side of the picture.

Click to enlarge...

The 3D is awesome! You can really see the cranes that are putting the pilings in sticking up! I love the popcorn look of the trees, as well.

I was mostly curious about that wall-looking structure right at the center, wondering if that's the beginning of a water feature.

Also--with better resolution around the cranes, we might be able to see how many pilings are in, etc. So--a blowup of that center section would be awesome!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The 3D is awesome! You can really see the cranes that are putting the pilings in sticking up! I love the popcorn look of the trees, as well.

I was mostly curious about that wall-looking structure right at the center, wondering if that's the beginning of a water feature.

Also--with better resolution around the cranes, we might be able to see how many pilings are in, etc. So--a blowup of that center section would be awesome!

The "wall" looks like a row of sheet pile, meaning they are going to excavate for something. Water feature would make sense.

JEANYLASER

Ican't find where is the boat ride in avatar land is in that picture please tell me with an arrow where is the location will be the boat ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom