Avatar construction aerial updates

Jose

DAK is quickly becomming the 'go to' Disney park in the US. I have the hope that we will see construction projects continue one after the other for the forseeable future. Be nice if it became a two day park.
There seems to be so many negative people in this forum, I think you are the exception ;) I think like you, AVATAR is going to be amazing, really amazing.

jt04

There seems to be so many negative people in this forum, I think you are the exception ;) I think like you, AVATAR is going to be amazing, really amazing.

Agreed due to Camerons track record. Agree with him or not, he does not do half measures.

Terminator 3D still impresses so there are real reasons for optimism.

jt04

This is still yet to be seen. The available land could hold Carsland, but we still don't know how much of it will actually be used for on-stage. Not trying to bash, just trying to manage expectations.

Understood and I agree. Do you know what the other construction area is between Africa and Asia? Occasionally see photos online of something happening.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I understand people having lost faith in the way WDW was run during the previous regime's latter years but that was so 'then'. Obviously things have changed since Iger took over.

Long past time to lose the cynacism about the way P&R is being run. Not to mention most other divisions.

I am "encouraged" by what I am seeing, but I am not convinced that they have turned the corner yet.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Understood and I agree. Do you know what the other construction area is between Africa and Asia? Occasionally see photos online of something happening.

This still remains a mystery. We have heard mention of a new path between Africa and Asia, but it seems that the work is more extensive then would be required for just a path. I am hoping Scott has aerials of this area. I doubt we are getting a ride there, but maybe some more shops and dining.

doctornick

haha great question
know idea
to me they recognize they need more room for people to move around since that part of the park has been and will be expanding

Fair enough. My impression is that the trail would probably go from the Safari/Pangani/Train area to cut to somewhere in Asia (probably around the bird show), such that you won't have to walk through Harambe proper. if so, it might help with the crowds that are inevitable whenever FOTLK empties and people pour into Harambe.

It would also be good if they added rest rooms in that area near the safari (don't know if that is in the works).

twebber55

Fair enough. My impression is that the trail would probably go from the Safari/Pangani/Train area to cut to somewhere in Asia (probably around the bird show), such that you won't have to walk through Harambe proper. if so, it might help with the crowds that are inevitable whenever FOTLK empties and people pour into Harambe.

It would also be good if they added rest rooms in that area near the safari (don't know if that is in the works).
yeah I was thinking behind yak and yeti or Kali but I could be wrong

sponono88

Thanks for the aerials, I crave this stuff!

You've inspired me to do a little comparative photoshop sleuthing.

First up, now that we know the full extent of the excavation, I wondered how it would
compare in size to Carsland . . .

m0VrRau.jpg

Not really a fair comparison.. your Cars Land aerial photo is missing a chunk of land on the northern side. You didn't include Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, Sarge's Surplus Hut, Filmores, and about half of the Cozy Cones.

Atomicmickey

Not really a fair comparison.. your Cars Land aerial photo is missing a chunk of land on the northern side. You didn't include Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, Sarge's Surplus Hut, Filmores, and about half of the Cozy Cones.

Thanks for pointing that out! I cut a bit much. This better? They are still close enough to
help us understand that Pandora is going to be pretty massive . . .

lk1SGTM.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom