Avatar construction aerial updates

stevehousse

The new photo from last month looks great! Looks like it is gonna be a huge area! About triple the size camp Minnie Mickey was...

Rob562

Fair enough. My impression is that the trail would probably go from the Safari/Pangani/Train area to cut to somewhere in Asia (probably around the bird show), such that you won't have to walk through Harambe proper. if so, it might help with the crowds that are inevitable whenever FOTLK empties and people pour into Harambe.

It would also be good if they added rest rooms in that area near the safari (don't know if that is in the works).

I don't believe it'll be THAT far toward Asia. Probably somewhere around where the stream runs under the walkway (in the vicinity of the long-gone "secret path"). If they go too far east they'd have the train tracks to deal with.

And I highly agree with the need for addition restrooms near the exit of the safari. It's annoying to get off the safari and want to head onto the Pangani trail but you have to detour into Harambe to go to the bathroom and then backtrack to the Trail.

-Rob

doctornick

I don't believe it'll be THAT far toward Asia. Probably somewhere around where the stream runs under the walkway (in the vicinity of the long-gone "secret path"). If they go too far east they'd have the train tracks to deal with.

Looking at satellite maps, my guess is that if it is indeed a new path that it will go from the safari/pangani entrance and exit on the Africa side of Flights of Wonder.

mm121

strange that they would leave those old backstage buildings at the top, and that little patch of trees, seems it would of been best to maximize the space available to its best possible use as making as much available "on stage" space as possible.

Most of whats there is demolition and site prep.

This is current:
Click to enlarge...

This was three months ago:
Click to enlarge...

Cesar R M

strange that they would leave those old backstage buildings at the top, and that little patch of trees, seems it would of been best to maximize the space available to its best possible use as making as much available "on stage" space as possible.
Maybe they are critical maintenance backstage buildings?

Sped2424

I still don't understand how this backstage construction site is going to take 3 YEARS to build, I really thought they were just going to take 9 months just to demo everything. How long did carsland take?

themonkeyisthesultan

Those are trailers that the construction crews are using for now and they can be cleared away in no time if they need to build there.

ABQ

that little patch of trees is a visual barrier preventing those arriving by the bus route from seeing that backstage area. The parking lot access has no direct line of site, but the bus access drives right towards that line of trees.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom