Avatar construction aerial updates

jdmdisney99

Next up, this screenshot from the promo video allowed me to stretch that
rendering on the wall and overlay it on the construction site. We can now
see what the top third of the land will look like.

0BFu0OM.jpg

PrTJifn.jpg
My interpretation...
Slide1.JPG

EDIT: The rock formation below the "Root Bridge" arrow may be the floating mountain in the concept art.

Last edited:

flyerjab

Thanks! Speculation is always fun to me. It's like gambling without cash. ;)

You guys are awesome! I need to learn someday how this kind of stuff is done.

What I am wondering about is when I look at the overlays and the visual cues you are cross-referencing on the maps, it looks like it doesn't even include half of the land that has already been cleared for Pandora. What is the rest going to be comprised of? Maybe this will end up more in line with how Cameron recently described it - a cool land to hang out in with several rides and attractions.

Here's hoping anyway...

Atomicmickey

What I am wondering about is when I look at the overlays and the visual cues you are cross-referencing on the maps, it looks like it doesn't even include half of the land that has already been cleared for Pandora. What is the rest going to be comprised of? Maybe this will end up more in line with how Cameron recently described it - a cool land to hang out in with several rides and attractions.

Here's hoping anyway...

The lower half of the map is where the coaster is going to go. Right? Right? o_O

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Here's hoping anyway...

I don't think any of these overlays are showing the flying simulator ride which is a huge show building. We also don't know how far south in that cleared land behind Rainforest they will go, some of that land may just be used for construction staging and may not become part of the finished land.

jdmdisney99

Here's hoping anyway...
I believe this is a possibility...
slide5.jpg

JungleTrekFan

No. Those are all Entertainment/Character support buildings like wardrobe, laundry, storage, and offices.
They were, until construction started and those break rooms and wardrobe areas were centralized at entertainment base for the characters that did do meet and greets at CMM and in the new theater for FOLK. Now they are the construction trailers for the third party builders.

DinoInstitute

My interpretation...
View attachment 56161
EDIT: The rock formation below the "Root Bridge" arrow may be the floating mountain in the concept art.
Is that first pic new concept art? I've never seen it!

Also, there was a coaster originally planned that got cancelled? Or is that just fanbois dreaming big and making fake rumors? Either way, there is still expansion land!!

And if there was a coaster, I'm glad it was cancelled because the amount of kid stuff would be too outnumbered in a disney park. Just a cool e-ticket with thrills for the entire family would be cool.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FIRST POST WITH NEW AVATAR!!! see what i did there? i was thinkin ahead!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I believe this is a possibility...
View attachment 56259
So for now the large area for the cancelled coaster will be a giant DVC sales booth with really tall, blue sales guys;)

I'm sure we already discussed this a gazillion times a year or more ago, but would the bike coaster thing even have fit in Avatarland? I would think 1 ride simulating flying on the dragon things would be enough. I'd prefer them to use the extra space for another family friendly, D-ticket level dark ride plus a large, indoor building available for walk through exhibit areas (think old school innoventions). I really think with the help of James Cameron they could fill the place up with some cool stuff. Between the 3 rides, the outdoor walk through areas and a large indoor space you could easily spend almost half a day just exploring if you take your time. The ride commandos will just breeze through and complain there isn't enough to do, but you can't please everyone:cool:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Is that first pic new concept art? I've never seen it!

Also, there was a coaster originally planned that got cancelled? Or is that just fanbois dreaming big and making fake rumors? Either way, there is still expansion land!!

And if there was a coaster, I'm glad it was cancelled because the amount of kid stuff would be too outnumbered in a disney park. Just a cool e-ticket with thrills for the entire family would be cool.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FIRST POST WITH NEW AVATAR!!! see what i did there? i was thinkin ahead!
If you go back to the Avatar threads just before the plans leaked there was some talk of the E-ticket being a "bike coaster" and then also having a simulator ride like Soarin. The alleged plans leaked and showed "Soarin 2.0" and the boat ride. Lots of people were distressed because the bike coaster was "cancelled". The leaked plans further upset people because they called the boat ride a C-ticket. There were lots of rumors that Cameron was fighting for the bike coaster and a bigger budget but lost out and eventually settled for what got released in the concept art.

DinoInstitute

So for now the large area for the cancelled coaster will be a giant DVC sales booth with really tall, blue sales guys;)

I'm sure we already discussed this a gazillion times a year or more ago, but would the bike coaster thing even have fit in Avatarland? I would think 1 ride simulating flying on the dragon things would be enough. I'd prefer them to use the extra space for another family friendly, D-ticket level dark ride plus a large, indoor building available for walk through exhibit areas (think old school innoventions). I really think with the help of James Cameron they could fill the place up with some cool stuff. Between the 3 rides, the outdoor walk through areas and a large indoor space you could easily spend almost half a day just exploring if you take your time. The ride commandos will just breeze through and complain there isn't enough to do, but you can't please everyone:cool:
Not to mention the fact that both rides will most likely have a total ride time of 3 mins. :cool:;)

DinoInstitute

If you go back to the Avatar threads just before the plans leaked there was some talk of the E-ticket being a "bike coaster" and then also having a simulator ride like Soarin. The alleged plans leaked and showed "Soarin 2.0" and the boat ride. Lots of people were distressed because the bike coaster was "cancelled". The leaked plans further upset people because they called the boat ride a C-ticket. There were lots of rumors that Cameron was fighting for the bike coaster and a bigger budget but lost out and eventually settled for what got released in the concept art.
So there were only supposed to be 2? Then I am even more glad that the boat ride replaced it. Its a nice sit down ride for everyone,and undoubtedly pretty cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom