R W B

Anyone else beginning to think Disney is starting to turn the corner again...

Granted this is all going to take a few years but let's look potentially that is 5 years ahead

Disney springs
Avatarland or whatever they call it - major AK makeover
Star Wars land
And rumored
Pixar expansion or lord of the rings who knows at DHS

Haven't seen any announcement yet in the DHS makeover but we all know it's coming in a big way down the road

I'm happy their doing something but look at those 3 things I put in "bold", non of those are Disney products. That kinda has me feeling blah about this somewhat. New lands, themes, and rides are always good and welcomed but i'd like to see actual Disney products, not acquisitions they have acquired over the years.

NowInc

It would be an incredibly bad design choice to put the boat ride outdoors (even partially). It rains here in Florida....a lot....more than most places. Also to control the effects, I would assume it needs to remain indoors.

twebber55

well i for one am obviously excited for this and hope we can turn the conversation/debate away from pro anti avatar to actual construction talk....to me the model is the most important piece of art...answers some quetions like this land will be bigger than i thought and outside...my question is still about the e ticket what it is and where

RandySavage

Basically, this is all Staggs will say about what will be in Pandora...
What this means? I have no idea. Why he chose to use the word "lands" possibly means different areas of Pandora.

Interesting catch. I assume that means cloned at multiple parks (i.e., overseas).

hr_Avatar_Land_1.jpg

It's been noted, but the expressions in the above pic are priceless. Staggs and Cameron digging the very cool model, and Joe, full of consternation over pieces of it potentially dropping onto guests (i.e., Tree of Life).

ThemeParkJunkee

Regarding Avatar at other parks:
5) AVATAR AT OTHER DISNEY PARKS?
We got several questions about whether there will be AVATAR experiences in parks/sites other than Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Kyle from Ontario asks, “Are there plans to add Avatar attractions at any other Disney parks?”
Well, Kyle, the only land we are announcing today is at Walt Disney World Resort but AVATAR is a possibility at any of our other locations. The first film AVATAR is a franchise with massive global appeal and its success at the box office both inside and outside of the U.S. – I should also note that as we determine our future locations, we look forward to working with our international theme park partners as our plans evolve.

OldBill71

Concept art looks great. THIS land will actually lead to an increase in park attendance like NFL was supposed to do for MK. It will be nice to have another night park to help spread out the crowds a little bit.

some guy

I'm not that fond of Avatar. Saw it once at the theater, it was neat for the spectacle but I can't sit through it for more than five minutes on tv.
The boat ride looks cool. I still don't like idea of having people's feet Soarin' over me so I'm not keen on the other thing.

Looks like it could be good, though.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Did a little bit o' thinkin' about the rendering and the model.
Here's what I came up with.
If there is indeed a carsland-like 'wall', a show building could
be behind it. Or not. Just thinkin'.

1c4u.jpg
You found the bathrooms!!!! The blurry, bunker like human compound. Maybe the model is complete.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom