RandySavage

You're probably right. It's hard to make out, but if you look at the signatures on the good concept art they're similar some of the concept art for the Avatar movie. The style is also very close. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of the industry can confirm.

The digital matte painting concept pieces have the names on them: Dylan Cole and Yuri Bartoli... two top names in film art direction who have worked on the Avatar movie (among LotR, Star Wars, etc.).

CinematicFusion

With Cameron on board....I promise you this will be the final look. Pay more attention to this model. It's the final version...and it matches the leaked plans. The soarin ride is in the mountain and underneath the soarin ride, the boat ride will take place. Still not sure if the boat ride is all inside or just half.

Nighttime show is huge and will be a show stopper....it will fill the park at night.

I wouldn't get too carried away by the concept art. You will not really be seated on the back of a banshee flying alone over the Pandora moonscape.

The model is much more revealing:

Atomicmickey

You're probably right. It's hard to make out, but if you look at the signatures on the good concept art they're similar some of the concept art for the Avatar movie. The style is also very close. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of the industry can confirm.

Good spot! Two of the Pics are by Dylan Cole, the other is signed "Bartow" or "Barton".

Dylan Cole's website http://www.dylancolestudio.com/
Besides Avatar, Return of the King and lots more. One of the top artists in the biz.

I can't find anything on Barton or Bartow.

But these are definitely Cameron's people. The more I look at that art, as art itself,
the more awesome they are.

Nothing against the other guy's art, but I think perhaps his talents would be better
suited elsewhere than as a theme park concept artist. He has talent, but the mood
that his pieces convey is definitely juvenile.

More Cameron art!

CinematicFusion

Living with the (Avatar) Land, Soarin' 2.0 over pandora, and the high cost white knuckle E Ticket.[/quote)

Isn't the rumored avatar E ticket a reimagined tron cycle ride that has now been reimagined as a Star Wars speeder bike ride?

Avatar land is what you see in the model. Soarin will be the Eticket. The big news is the night time show...it will make animal kingdom a whole new park to see at night. Riding expedition everest in the dark with the mountain lit up will be fun...and fix the yeti, had to get that in somewhere

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Wow! If they even do one tenth of what's implied in the artwork, it could actually be epic...and I don't even care for Avatar.

For the record, I'm posting on the first page of a big news thread :D
That's where the "likes" are garnered.
Where's Pinkerton? He (or she) is complaining he "lost 20 likes" suddenly, in another thread.

As to the announcements, I'm excited - ish. As virtually everyone else has said, DAK needs more rides, more things to do, and a reason to stay beyond 1:30 p.m.

Maybe after this is all done, they can find just a few more $$ to revamp the oh-so-embarassing Hester & Chester's Dino-Rama.

WDWFREAK53

You could argue that since it's literature, it fits. IOA is based around comic books, mythology, children's books, cartoon strips, the Jurassic Park series and the Harry Potter series. They're all different forms of literature.

You could argue that Jurassic Park and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter are visually taken from the movie adaptations, but at the core, they were books first.

I DO think that Avatar is a good fit for DAK.

I'm not saying that Wizarding World of Harry Potter doesn't fit in IoA...I was using it as an example of how you can basically take any IP and say it doesn't fit...no matter how good.

ErikMichaelS

I love the plans and will gladly take full advantage when it opens. I just think that there are bigger issues at hand that need money thrown at them is all.

WDWLover#1

Well, ya walk away and go to sleep and look what happens.

So, yeah! The art looks great and I am thankful to have AN ACTUAL PROJECT
to discuss, instead of urine-spewing hand dryers.

I would like to know if anyone can figure out on a map, where the new
nighttime show will be built. I have my thoughts based on the rendering, but
does anyone know?
as said in the blog post its on discovery river

ThemeParkJunkee

If the concept art holds true (which it may given Cameron's hands on involvement), I will be pleased with this addition. I agree Avatar is not an iconic movie but feel a well themed and executed Pandora can transcend its movie beginnings. Along with evening offerings in AK, this will go a long way to making it more than a half day park. Just waiting for something for Epcot and DHS now. I may make a trip in 2018. We'll see.

Alektronic

Look at the concept art of the family exploring Pandora...now add 400 people, 125 strollers, barriers and railings keeping you away from the show elements...drop out the distant backgrounds because they will never build them, and what you will end up with will be closer to the walkways around the tree of life with some added animatronic animals and things....the land looks like it will have a simulator attraction and an indoor boat ride....and I am sure a restaurant and gift shop...Hardly the OMG Spectacular they are hyping... But let's see what they actually build. I am sure the set pieces under Joe 's direction will be beautiful....I just doubt you will ever have the experience depicted in the artwork.

Yes, restaurants, kiosks, and merchandise stores.

If you want a souvenir ..go to Unobtainable Gift Store

If you want a drink .. go to the Avabar

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom