Jimmy Thick

Looks like Disney's been working on this for quite some time and are chugging right along in its development. Great to see.

Jimmy Thick- Disney humiliates the insi...Aww who cares really, they do it all the time!!! *Chuckles *

doctornick

Depends on if you call an Omnimax an E. Most of today's Epcot guests seem to, or maybe they're just looking for something good to do.

As it stands the third ride - the big E - still isn't green.

Would this third ride (if green lit) be Avatar based as well or for somewhere else in the park?

Also, I thought people were saying there might be a smaller project in Africa adjacent to the FOTLK theater. Is there any news on that?

jdmdisney99

Is it just me or does it look like one infamous, rare dragon will be reappearing (in top right of picture above)?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Would this third ride (if green lit) be Avatar based as well or for somewhere else in the park?

Also, I thought people were saying there might be a smaller project in Africa adjacent to the FOTLK theater. Is there any news on that?
From what I know (for what its worth) the third ride was to be the anchor E of the new land. The smaller project adjacent to the new FOTLK theatre has gone quiet sadly.

afar28

I hope the 3rd E ticket will get green lit. Not at all impressed with the current attraction lineup. Still am excited, but I really want another strong e ticket to anchor the land.
Knowing Disney, it probably never will get built

DisneyDrum

Good point about the art. The nighttime show art probably done by WDI,
the Avatar art done by Cameron's team. I'll bet.

You're probably right. It's hard to make out, but if you look at the signatures on the good concept art they're similar some of the concept art for the Avatar movie. The style is also very close. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of the industry can confirm.

It this is the case, it's a bit depressing for WDI. It would also explain why the avatar concept art both looks very nice, and seems impossible to actually replicate in a theme park environment. Just the differences between the first panel of concept art and the model (size of the floating mountains, number of mountains, looking like floating vs not really looking like floating) show that what we're actually going to get won't look much like the concept art. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though.

RSoxNo1

From what I know (for what its worth) the third ride was to be the anchor E of the new land. The smaller project adjacent to the new FOTLK theatre has gone quiet sadly.
What is the expected intensity of the Simulator? Will it be closer to Soarin' or Star Tours/Simpsons?

doctornick

From what I know (for what its worth) the third ride was to be the anchor E of the new land.

Hmmm. I actually like the idea of only two rides for Pandora. Three rides would make it very dominant in terms of how much of the DAK experience it provides. I don't want to see DAK become too Avatar-centric.

That said, DAK needs a lot more rides -- these two proposed one in Pandora are great, but if they are talking about funding an additional E-ticket, I would much prefer it being added to one of the other lands to balance things out.

CJR

I personally love the concept art and it makes me excited for DAK. In my opinion, if the land looks anything like the art/model in these pictures, this land will be a great experience for me and my family. I'm equally excited about the night time entertainment coming to DAK. Both things have been much needed for the park and will probably make it one of Disney's better parks worldwide (again, IMO).

MadMax11

I agree @ErikMichaelS ... the movie hasn't held up at all. There's nothing iconic about it. I said before, I'm unaware of any movie or theme that's been so heavily incorporated into a theme park that is less iconic than Avatar. To me, it does not remotely being to resonate enough to have this make sense. And like you, I'd rather see them put money into EPCOT or even DHS. Want to build around something iconic? Build around Star Wars more in DHS. That's a franchise celebrated by generations...and will be by future generations as more movies get released going forward.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom