Next Big Thing

MK "expansion" space is far more theoretical than DAK's explicit expansion space.
Yes, but once DAK uses up the main plots it has, it's really out of room. I mean Dinoland is begging for a redo and something will probably need to be done about Planet watch eventually, but I don't see why at some point in the future, once all those plots are filled, the parking lot isn't a viable expansion space.

Just off the top of my head I can think of 2-3 expansion plots at MK and there is also a good amount of land being under utilized. So while it wouldn't be a true "Expansion" if they built there (Storybook Circus, Speedway, etc), they would gain a ton of capacity.

KYWDW

I have never used any of the parking at Disney or Uni, but in general I feel much safer driving in a parking lot then in a garage. Garages tend to have very tight isles and spaces and it's hard to see other cars coming when you make a turn from one row another.
After parking in the ones at DlR and at UNI, I would like to never see a parking lot. Covered transportation and a covered vehicle can't be beat in the heat and/or rain. Also, both those garages were very large and didn't have that in closed feeling most garages give you.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
You're dodging the question. Where would a garage be intrusive to my theme park experience at Disney's Animal Kingdom?
You are looking for a debate on semantics and I refuse to entertain you.

Go back and reread the statements made and then reread your inferences.

Next Big Thing

You are looking for a debate on semantics and I refuse to entertain you.

Go back and reread the statements made and then reread your inferences.
I have.

He said he finds nothing more visually offensive than a sea of parking. You said you'd rather have the seas of parking. I'm not quite sure where I missed anything.

NoChesterHester

After parking in the ones at DlR and at UNI, I would like to never see a parking lot. Covered transportation and a covered vehicle can't be beat in the heat and/or rain. Also, both those garages were very large and didn't have that in closed feeling most garages give you.

Properly designed garages are a better experience in the hot Florida sun than trekking across acres of blacktop. They can be clad and decorated, even with green growing things so the argument that they are some concrete monolith doesn't have to be the case.

Garages are a better consolidation of services as well allowing not only for covered parking in the hot sun, but protection for people from the elements.

And since when was the vista OUT of a theme park even valid? Are we putting it right up against the entrance to the park? Yes a parking garage as a towering concrete box as the backdrop to AK wouldn't be good, but that is just the silly jump to worst case scenario worst possible condition argument.

unkadug

Properly designed garages are a better experience in the hot Florida sun than trekking across acres of blacktop. They can be clad and decorated, even with green growing things so the argument that they are some concrete monolith doesn't have to be the case.

Garages are a better consolidation of services as well allowing not only for covered parking in the hot sun, but protection for people from the elements.

And since when was the vista OUT of a theme park even valid? Are we putting it right up against the entrance to the park? Yes a parking garage as a towering concrete box as the backdrop to AK wouldn't be good, but that is just the silly jump to worst case scenario worst possible condition argument.
With the current regime (the one that counts pennies twice before spending ONE) you are putting a lot of faith in them making wise decisions.
Do you really think that they would spend extra money to theme a parking structure?
Do you really think they would care where they placed this monolith in relation to views from within?

I never said anything about a parking garage at Animal Kingdom....you guys are inferring that part.

NoChesterHester

With the current regime (the one that counts pennies twice before spending ONE) you are putting a lot of faith in them making wise decisions.
Do you really think that they would spend extra money to theme a parking structure?
Do you really think they would care where they placed this monolith in relation to views from within?

I never said anything about a parking garage at Animal Kingdom....you guys are inferring that part.

I rail against the TDO machine as well, but this argument keeps coming up and I don't think it true. These people spend gobs of money and don't seem to have any issue funding theming. It is what they spend money on that should be questioned. For gosh sake they spent some ungodly sum on Princess potties.

Next Big Thing

They are theming the DTD garage (or at least making it blend in nicely) if you would spend any time to look t concept art.

Next Big Thing

You really can't read can you?
I can read fine. You said current management wouldn't theme a parking garage. I'm telling you that, as of right now, current management IS theming a parking garage.

Not sure what's so hard about this.

And I mentioned a parking garage at DAK because the conversation was about DAK. Only natural really.

It's ok to admit defeat.

twebber55

And . . . here's the forced perspective magnetic rock arch from the rendering . . . waaaay up there in the rockwork of the model.

gwgb.jpg
to change the subject even though parking lot construction discussion is riveting...im starting to think the big mountain will be in the middle of the land and not next to the big rock wall...what do you guys think?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
to change the subject even though parking lot construction discussion is riveting...im starting to think the big mountain will be in the middle of the land and not next to the big rock wall...what do you guys think?

I would think they would put the large mountain at the edge of the property to avoid having to theme is all the way around. It would also make it hard to have a nice flow throw the area since any walking paths would have to wrap around the mountain.

DinoInstitute

I would think they would put the large mountain at the edge of the property to avoid having to theme is all the way around. It would also make it hard to have a nice flow throw the area since any walking paths would have to wrap around the mountain.
Agree, and also to add on to your point, there would be little to no sunlight in the area because of that big thing. Very dark and depressing

unkadug

I can read fine. You said current management wouldn't theme a parking garage. I'm telling you that, as of right now, current management IS theming a parking garage.

Not sure what's so hard about this.

And I mentioned a parking garage at DAK because the conversation was about DAK. Only natural really.

It's ok to admit defeat.
I'll still take the parking lot as there is no way that TDO would approve the funds for a deck at a theme park and they would never do it properly anyway. End of story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom