twebber55

disney-avatar5_verge_super_wide.jpeg

jt04

I'll still take the parking lot as there is no way that TDO would approve the funds for a deck at a theme park and they would never do it properly anyway. End of story.

Disagree. It would be more than easy to get plenty of bidders for a contract if revenue sharing was a part of the deal. Would not cost TDO a penny. They had to work magic to get the DS garages built because they will not generate revenue directly.

Also, some claimed we would never see garages at DTD and they would be an eyesore if they ever did. Some were wrong on both points.

So the lesson here is that any theme park can have free garages if they want. They just have to be willing to share parking fees with an outside vendor.

BTW Universal Hollywood is building massive garages. Because they work and create space along with other benefits.

They would be perfect for DAK and would allow for more expansions like Pandora. :cool: To bring this back on track. Sort of.

DinoInstitute

Will there be a parking fee? I hope not, but not because I will have a car which I never do but because it just would give this forums members more to complain about...including me

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Disagree. It would be more than easy to get plenty of bidders for a contract if revenue sharing was a part of the deal. Would not cost TDO a penny. They had to work magic to get the DS garages built because they will not generate revenue directly.

Also, some claimed we would never see garages at DTD and they would be an eyesore if they ever did. Some were wrong on both points.

So the lesson here is that any theme park can have free garages if they want. They just have to be willing to share parking fees with an outside vendor.

BTW Universal Hollywood is building massive garages. Because they work and create space along with other benefits.

They would be perfect for DAK and would allow for more expansions like Pandora. :cool: To bring this back on track. Sort of.
@jt04 pull your head out of that hole.

Do you really think that Disney is going to give up the parking lot's pure profit so that some other company can lay claim to partial ownership of infrastructure and potential profits from said infrastructure?

AndyMagic

Sorry to continue this discussion but I couldn't agree more that a sea of parking is visually unappealing and inefficient at getting guests to and from the gates. Open asphalt as the main "welcome" to a theme park has a very strip-mall vibe to it. Most of the new urban designs in even more car-centric cities now do their best to avoid surface lots all together and the best designs go a step further by adding retail to the ground level of parking structures so that it blends in and becomes more inviting to pedestrians at street level.

DinoInstitute

Sorry to continue this discussion but I couldn't agree more that a sea of parking is visually unappealing and inefficient at getting guests to and from the gates. Open asphalt as the main "welcome" to a theme park has a very strip-mall vibe to it. Most of the new urban designs in even more car-centric cities now do their best to avoid surface lots all together and the best designs go a step further by adding retail to the ground level of parking structures so that it blends in and becomes more inviting to pedestrians at street level.
Its really not that big a problem to get to the park though because they have the trams

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
This might be the ONLY way that they would approve funding for a parking deck at a theme park. Fill the bottom of the parking deck completely with gift shops...Nothing like getting their money before they even get IN the theme parks.

Tom

Beta Return
.... to the east, to the west and to the north. Someday.

By south, I was implying the Speedway.

North is the most feasible, if MK Drive is moved. East would require substantial water management changes...massive changes. West.....the HM isn't going anywhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom