Autographs

kybred72

What kind of pens work best for characters to sign autographs?

How do you tote around your autograph book?
How do you keep it from getting wet on the water rides?
Have you gotten an autograph on something other than a book?

Thanks!
:wave:

happymom52003

I bought the 7x7 Disney scrapbook from Creative Memories. I kept it in a ziplock bag, and we used a fat sharpie pen. When I got home, I put the pics of my son with the character on the opposite pages from the autographs. Turned out really cute.

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

Sharpies are the best and make sure that you have the cap off and the book open to a blank page, just makes it easier.
We carry our books in a backpack, doesn't get wet that way.

Upvote 0

erasure fan1

We like to use the pens you get from promotional stuff. They tend to be very big (so you can see the name of the buisness easy.) and also have click tops. We keep the book in the back pack so it stays in great condition. A ziplock bag works great too for keeping it dry if you are not bringing a back pack.

Upvote 0

dragonfox98

Thanks!

Hey, there. We use the promo pens that come with the autograph books when we order them. They are larger than a Sharpie and easy for the character to hold and write with (the larger the better I have been told). We keep the kids' autograph books in the knapsack we tote around. We keep it almost by iteself, in its own compartment, so we have easy access if we run into a character rather than standing in line. We went on Kali River Rapids the last time and, although the knapsack was wet, the books were fine.

I have heard about others getting autographs on the Disney Encylcopedia and making their own scrapbooks (as previously mentioned) for autographs. Someone else once mentioned using a Golden Book - like for the breakfast with Pooh Bear - and have the characters sign next to their picture in the book.

Have fun and good luck!!!:wave:

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

Sharpie makes a click pen, but what was suggested awhile ago was get a new pillow case, and a washable marker, and as the kids get the signatures, ( I hope this is for kids ), they have something to always remember their trip.

Upvote 0

WDWJenn

A dear friend of mine and her DD got a baseball autographed. I think they used an ultra fine sharpee. They told me that the CMs were really impressed with their idea. Not to mention those plastic baseball cases to display them in... get the date of the trip or something engraved or Sharpee'd on it.

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

The retractable Sharpies (the ones with the click top) which have already been mentioned here are the best - there's no cap to lose! We bought a pack of 4 in different colors and used a different color for each park that way when we got home we knew in which park we got what signature.

I've never used an actual autograph book instead I use a spiral bound index card note book. It's small, very easy for the characters write on, and you can always have an open to a clean page so it's ready to go. Even though the index cards are lined you can flip the book over and the backs are blank. Also, the index cards are perforated! So for those of you that like to pair a pic with an autograph or you like to scrapbook you can tear out the individual index cards and put them where ever you want!

And to keep this dry - it all fits nicely into a ziploc bag! DON'T FORGET to write your name, hotel & room number, your cell number (if you have one), etc. on your autograph book. You wouldn't believe how many of these are lost of left accidently in a restaurant. This way it has a chance to be returned to you!

Upvote 0

mickey&me

For our trip in Dec., we're using a white baseball cap and a laundry marker. A gallon-size zipper bag in a backpack should keep it quite dry, and my DS will have the cap to remember by. We've used an autograph book, but he hardly ever looks at it.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

I use a fat black retractable felt tip pen. Not a sharpie, as I found they can bleed though the pages. The felt tip pen (more like a marker) is less prone to do that. But a sharpie would work as well.

I either use the blue autograph books they sell at WDW because they fit the pockets of cargo shorts. :) Or somtimes I use 3x5 blank index cards as well (they fit in the pockets too)

A Zip-Loc will work for incidental water encounters, but there is a product called ALOKSAC - Here is a place that sells them that is truly waterproof. I have used them at the waterparks with my cell phone with no problems. (All my swim trunks have a velcro closure pocket). When we were crusing, I have been swimming / snorkling with cash and documentation (driver license, etc) in them for hours - bone dry. They work just like a zip-lok but are designed to be waterproof.

That link that I gave seems pretty expensive. I buy them locally at an outdoor store I go to a lot (Campmor - they have a website too) and I buy them for about $2 to 3.00 a bag depending on size. They are usualy in the watersports (boating) sections.

-dave

Upvote 0

dizzney

I've used caps and teeshirts with sharpie markers, my daughter loves her princess cap and she got only princesses to sign the brim and the other characters signed the rest of the hat,

Her twin didn't care where the autographs were as long as he got them.

I make sure that its ready to be signed, on a teeshirt I have a small board in between to lean on,

And ziploc bags are the best!

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Thanks!
I have found that the fatter pens work better - especially for the characters w/ paws.
I just toted my kid's books around in my bag that I carried to the parks.
I did notice some people putting theirs in ziploc bags (good idea).
I have gotten autographs before on WDW postcards.

Upvote 0

WDWKat26

Okay guys, here's my suggestion coming straight from an Entertainment Cast Member:
The bigger the pens, the better. Think Sharpies, and big pens. Even the pens from the resorts work. DON'T use Mini-Sharpies, Gel Pens, Golf Pencils, Crayons, etc. Remember, the characters' hands are BIG.

Same goes for the Autograph Books, the bigger the better. The ones they sell in the park are nice. Try to stick with a book that has usually 3x5" pages or bigger. NO NO NO Park Maps, Post-It Notes, Receipts, Mini-Books, etc.

Remember, the Characters can only sign Disney property as well. For example, if you give us a Universal Hat, Disney Characters can't sign it. If you want shirts or hats signed, make sure they are taken off the body since the Characters can not sign anything that is on the body.

Upvote 0

Offy

A dear friend of mine and her DD got a baseball autographed. I think they used an ultra fine sharpee.

Just to add something to this. If you are going to get a baseball signed then you want to use a ballpoint pen. A Sharpie will eventually bleed into the leather and fade. Ballpoint pen ink lasts a lot longer.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom