Aurora's New Look Debuts at WDW

Gosh, maybe I was just a little too excited for her dress change. While most definitely an improvement, not as fabulous as I expected. The whole dress seems a little too thin to me, like it was made with as little money as possible. I don't know, maybe it's because the ENTIRE dress is sheen/shiny, it seems less expensive. I like that the color is closer to the original,and I'm (probably in the minority on this one) kinda digging the bangs. I had no problem with her hair before though, just those horrific padded hips. I think Aurora is the hardest because her figure is the most un-human like. If that even makes any sense.

lebeau

I'm ambivalent about the new princess looks. My girls love the princesses, but I can't imagine they will care one way or the other about the new dresses.

On the other hand...

Have you seen the incredible walking, talking Transformers characters over at Universal? I hate Transformers, but these are just plain cool. When is Disney going to do something cutting edge like this?

Californian Elitist

I don't necessarily mind the dress change, but I do think the DL Aurora is pretty and younger looking than the WDW Aurora.

The Disneyland Resort is more strict in character looks than WDW. Not to mention Disneyland is right next door to Tinseltown, with plenty of people looking to get famous. The face characters are usually more good-looking at the DLR.

Anaheim:

tianna3.jpg

Orlando:

8241604264_fde0fd597f_z.jpg

Anaheim:

6882139643_5dc1301dd2_z.jpg

Orlando:

5491304967_d6c913d71b_z.jpg

Anaheim:

250px-Disneyland-Peter.jpg

Orlando:

1921245223_63d1bcfb25.jpg

Anaheim:

tumblr_li0wvsHCEm1qi0p4eo1_500.jpg

Orlando:

5444656405_aacd1a0bc7_z.jpg

Anaheim:

0040_Soundsational_Snow_White_Disneyland_April_29_2012.jpg

Orlando:

snow-white-magic-kingdom.jpg

No offense to the face characters out there in Florida.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Have you seen the incredible walking, talking Transformers characters over at Universal? I hate Transformers, but these are just plain cool. When is Disney going to do something cutting edge like this?
Amen! Between the three Transformers and Donkey, Universal has the two coolest meet and greets in Orlando.
In other news, I heard the residents of Pandora may be fairly impressive, but I can't imagine they'll be AS cool as this.

Monkee Girl

250px-Disneyland-Peter.jpg

No offense to the face characters out there in Florida.

No FAIR!!!! You can't use Spieling Peter as a contrast because you know he's only the REAL Peter and no other can compare...I call shinanigins on that one, lol

Though I have seen my share of beautiful characters in Disney World, I do tend to agree that Disney Land seems to be a little more picky in actor selections (they have that luxury). Please, no offense to the boys and girls in the roles, they are all beautiful but I think part (only part) of my hate for the re designs is that my first look is of a girl that just doesn't fit the character's look. Belle did not look like Belle...and the same for Cinderella and definitely not an Aurora with dimples. If I had seen the Disney Land's Aurora first, it may have been more appealing to me. Again. Not bashing the girls. It's not their fault. But I think the whole Disney character integrity thing no longer exists. As long as it's a girl in a pink dress and blonde hair the kids won't care.

And as for the color of the dress; it does not match the movie at all. It's way too light. It's a pretty shade but the wrong shade. The pink in the movie (which she barely wears for 3 seconds btw...sorry not letting it go, lol) was a darker pink, more in tune with the original dress.

sleeping_beauty_pink_or_blue_by_midnightrosesblood-d4znyse_zps402399dd.jpg

IMG_0179_zps703f0bb3.jpg

I do like the material of the new dress. It's a little more dainty...I wasn't a fan of the velvet bodice of the original. The collar doesn't look like a big thick cardboard attachment and one thing the new dress does, which is more accurate to the film, is making the little pointy middle things the same color as the collar. I just wish the sleeves were the same and not sheer.

JonUWStout

I can't say that I really HATE the new look, but I can't really say that I love it either. I'm really on the fence with it. Im trying to decide if its the person wearing the costume, or the costume itself. I guess only time will tell. With that said I think I prefer the old hair with the new costume.

doctornick

once again, i don't understand all the hate. Aurora looks beautiful.

I don't really either. The dress looks like a pretty big improvement to me, actually looking realistic for a real life person to wear. I don't think there's any reason to dwell on the facial appearance of the individual actress as that has nothing to do with the change.

iheartdisney91

I don't really either. The dress looks like a pretty big improvement to me, actually looking realistic for a real life person to wear. I don't think there's any reason to dwell on the facial appearance of the individual actress as that has nothing to do with the change.
agree, and the children don't care for their face, they see the costume and they fall in love just with the character.

iheartdisney91

on a side note however, California's face characters seem a step up on some levels. have you seen the videos of Alice in "Magic Kingdom" running around the parks, and riding rides with Peter and the Hatter? It's all so fun! i NEVER saw that at Disney World =[

Monkee Girl

I can't say that I really HATE the new look, but I can't really say that I love it either. I'm really on the fence with it. Im trying to decide if its the person wearing the costume, or the costume itself. I guess only time will tell. With that said I think I prefer the old hair with the new costume.
I am too. I find myself defending the change more than Cinderella's and Belle's. But at the same time...I feel the dress could have been done better. Too many fabric choices for one. Sheer sleeves, a folded looking collar with smooth pointed waste with a patterned everything else. I just don't like all the busyness. Aurora's dress is so pretty when it's simpler to me. I like that this new design is dainty.

Shame it happened today and not last week when I was in Disney. I could have seen it live. Now I have to wait a year to really make an informed decision.

Monkee Girl

on a side note however, California's face characters seem a step up on some levels. have you seen the videos of Alice in "Magic Kingdom" running around the parks, and riding rides with Peter and the Hatter? It's all so fun! i NEVER saw that at Disney World =[
Yes, I love the Disney Land Characters have some freedom to roam. If you go to the Disney Land board here, check out the 'Characters behaving badly' thread. We have fun there talking about it.

JonUWStout

I am too. I find myself defending the change more than Cinderella's and Belle's. But at the same time...I feel the dress could have been done better. Too many fabric choices for one. Sheer sleeves, a folded looking collar with smooth pointed waste with a patterned everything else. I just don't like all the busyness. Aurora's dress is so pretty when it's simpler to me. I like that this new design is dainty.

Shame it happened today and not last week when I was in Disney. I could have seen it live. Now I have to wait a year to really make an informed decision.

I will be leaving tomorrow for my trip so I will see if I can find her and take a picture with her just to report back :)

Monkee Girl

I will be leaving tomorrow for my trip so I will see if I can find her and take a picture with her just to report back :)
Thanks. I was going to go see the princesses at the Town Hall Friday night (my last night) but I was so tired and didn't. And I knew it would be the last time seeing Aurora's old gown too. I also saw her in France but we were getting ready to go to dinner so I didn't stop to say high. Hope to see pictures soon. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom