Aurora's New Look Debuts at WDW

I saw a another picture of her new look on another board. Although the pic was instagrammed to heck, I think it really depends on how each "friend" helps her put her look together. She doesn't look too bad here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=48033912
You will have to scroll down about 3/4 of the page.
This Aurora looks better then the one with the wig. The one with the wig was there when we where there in 2010 and 2012. She looks odd with that wig they need a real blonde or better wig.

asc341

Yes, I love the Disney Land Characters have some freedom to roam. If you go to the Disney Land board here, check out the 'Characters behaving badly' thread. We have fun there talking about it.

Did WDW characters ever have more freedom? As a kid I rode Peter Pan's Flight with Peter Pan himself, which was totally random and amazingly special for a little kid. I seem to remember characters to be in more of an abundance, and a bit more free roaming a a decade (...or two!...) ago.

Monkee Girl

Did WDW characters ever have more freedom? As a kid I rode Peter Pan's Flight with Peter Pan himself, which was totally random and amazingly special for a little kid. I seem to remember characters to be in more of an abundance, and a bit more free roaming a a decade (...or two!...) ago.

I'm not sure, to be honest. When I was a kid, I remember seeing Pooh and Donald out and about. But I was like 5 so I couldn't remember if there was a line or not.

Then when I was in high school in 2000, I remember seeing barely any characters out at all. The only ones we saw were Chip and Dale by Splash Mountain.

When I returned in 2006, tons of characters were out and I was so happy. By then though, they were all line greeting.

It would be cool if the characters had the freedom to walk around and actually live the part. The princesses should not be tucked away in toon town, in my opinion. Cinderella should be able to stand outside her castle. Unfortunately, the demand for them is so great, it's just easier and safer for them to stand in line and let the people come to them. I didn't see as many characters as I normally do because the lines were sooooo long. If they were allowed to walk, they would be mobbed. And people are so rude and entitled when it comes to their kids that it would just be caos. So it's a necessary evil to have them in lines I guess.

One more thing. I know, I know, I am a chatter box, lol

Peter Pan had originally been stationed by the Pirates of the Carribbean rest rooms. But the last few years, I have found him in a little glen in between Adventure Land and Main Street. There was a big tree where you could sit and relax and since it was fenced in, it was like a little circular private playground for him. He seemed a little free to roam and play in that spot. Now, I don't know if this is true or just me over thinking it, But I am reading they moved him BACK to the restrooms. I didn't even see him this trip (which really disappointed me). So now, he is basically back to just standing and greeting.

GiveMeTheMusic

They all got remodeled in the graphics and merchandise, including Rapunzel, Jasmine, Mulan, Tiana, and Pocahontas. I imagine they all would get a new look before the Summer peak seasons. But I do see Snow as the next one.

True, all princesses were altered for merch, but at this time, only five are being redesigned for the parks. Cinderella, Belle, Aurora, Ariel and Snow. Tiana and Rapunzel's looks are as new as they are, and don't need redesigns. Jasmine, Mulan and Pocahontas aren't on the radar.

asianway

Yes they did. And, until semi-recent history the performer had some latitude on who they appeared as. Now everything is so structured & rigid there's a timetable set 6 months at a clip

JustInTime

I don't think there was ever a DL vs WDW face characters going on. Someone had mentioned MK's Aurora's looks even before I brought DL's face characters, and he was being really mean and shallow about it, which is what I think you're referring to. I think his posts are gone, so you can't see them.

Yeah, I was talking about when you posted all this:

The Disneyland Resort is more strict in character looks than WDW. Not to mention Disneyland is right next door to Tinseltown, with plenty of people looking to get famous. The face characters are usually more good-looking at the DLR.

Anaheim:

tianna3.jpg

Orlando:

8241604264_fde0fd597f_z.jpg

Anaheim:

6882139643_5dc1301dd2_z.jpg

Orlando:

5491304967_d6c913d71b_z.jpg

Anaheim:

250px-Disneyland-Peter.jpg

Orlando:

1921245223_63d1bcfb25.jpg

Anaheim:

tumblr_li0wvsHCEm1qi0p4eo1_500.jpg

Orlando:

5444656405_aacd1a0bc7_z.jpg

Anaheim:

0040_Soundsational_Snow_White_Disneyland_April_29_2012.jpg

Orlando:

snow-white-magic-kingdom.jpg

No offense to the face characters out there in Florida.

And I was just saying that Aurora looks better than all of those.

Californian Elitist

That wasn't meant to be a debate. I was just pointing out the fact that Disneyland is strict with what their characters look like. There was no debate, no one even quoted this post with a different view. It was never my intention to argue. I was stating a fact; Disneyland doesn't just hire anyone for their face characters. No debate.

Monkee Girl

And I was just saying that Aurora looks better than all of those.
I dunno, lol. I think the picture I posted of Aurora in France is the most beautiful I have ever seen. a longer face, just like she has in the film. The wig looks perfect on her and is a perfect color to me. The bangs don't even look flat (which I hate with the new design) and her pose is just to beautiful and fully shows the potential the new dress has. I just wish so badly we could see the costume in blue too (why can't there be both!) I think if she wore blue, it would be like she popped out of the movie itself for me.

I am going to go look through my photos. I have seen some truly beautiful princesses during my trips. Again, they are all beautiful but some just pop and stand out.

JustInTime

I dunno, lol. I think the picture I posted of Aurora in France is the most beautiful I have ever seen. a longer face, just like she has in the film. The wig looks perfect on her and is a perfect color to me. The bangs don't even look flat (which I hate with the new design) and her pose is just to beautiful and fully shows the potential the new dress has. I just wish so badly we could see the costume in blue too (why can't there be both!) I think if she wore blue, it would be like she popped out of the movie itself for me.

I am going to go look through my photos. I have seen some truly beautiful princesses during my trips. Again, they are all beautiful but some just pop and stand out.
Yeah, I am saying that the one of her in France is the most beautiful out of all of them I've seen.

JustInTime

That wasn't meant to be a debate. I was just pointing out the fact that Disneyland is strict with what their characters look like. There was no debate, no one even quoted this post with a different view. It was never my intention to argue. I was stating a fact; Disneyland doesn't just hire anyone for their face characters. No debate.

Okay. And my point is that the Aurora spotted in France does a better job conveying her character and is more beautiful than all the characters you posted from Disneyland. No doubt that DL is more strict in regards to hiring their face characters. But you can find good ones and bad ones on each cost.

Californian Elitist

Okay. And my point is that the Aurora spotted in France does a better job conveying her character and is more beautiful than all the characters you posted from Disneyland. No doubt that DL is more strict in regards to hiring their face characters. But you can find good ones and bad ones on each coast.

True, not everyone at DL has the best looks. And I've seen some photos of some really good-looking characters at WDW.

BrightImagine

I saw the pictures of Aurora's new dress yesterday and it took me a while to articulate why I don't like it.

Sleeping Beauty is the most high-concept out of all the princess movies, with frequent resemblance to a medieval tapestry. Aurora herself is the least naturalistic princess, probably because she must exist in this weird environment. Everything about her is pointy - her dress, elbows, eyebrows look sharp. The old dress echoed this pointiness by creating visual triangles in the bodice and infamous collar. Now, Aurora looks soft and plush and squooshy... just like every other princess. Her visual distinctiveness is gone.

sleep11.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom