Audience Participant?

Southern_Tink

Original Poster
Who on here has ever been an audience participant at WDW? Since I was a kid I've always wanted to be picked to be in one of the shows, etc. Never was though. My sister got to do the rain scene at the Back Lot tour. I hope to get picked for soemthing during my trip this Sept.
Anyone else?

Cinderella1976

Who on here has ever been an audience participant at WDW? Since I was a kid I've always wanted to be picked to be in one of the shows, etc. Never was though. My sister got to do the rain scene at the Back Lot tour. I hope to get picked for soemthing during my trip this Sept.
Anyone else?

Last December I was chosen to be the Can Can Girl in the Hoop Dee Doo Revue. I was soo embarrassed but it was soo much fun at the same time! It made for some great pictures and video. My daughter, Summer was also picked to be the princess of the day for the Beauty and the Beast show @ DHS ~ that was really nice. We got VIP seating and she was brought up to the stage at the end of the show and given a rose from the prince.

peachypear14

My boyfriend and I were picked to be in the boat scene on the backlot tour as well! We had to be "funny" which basically meant sliding and falling everywhere - it was quite fun. Getting picked to be in a show is certainly a magical experience! :)

belle15

My brother's gf and I were on the boat scene at the backlot as well. We were the first in line for the next show when a CM came up to us and asked. It was so much fun, but I ran out of ideas for funny things to do so I just kept shielding my head with the towel.

Brwneyedgirl72

I have been in the Indy Stunt Show, was on Superstar TV "back in the day". Many years ago (ok - try 1991) was picked as a contestant on Let's Make a Deal - they dressed me up as a flower! Well I ended up being picked, became the top prize winner and going to the "Big deal of the day". I didn't win the big prize, but I ended up winning a bunch of Movies, a watch, a couple jackets and some other stuff. I bought the video of my game show and my mother still likes to break it out on occassion and embarrass the heck out of me.

PoohBear119

I was in the sounds effects stage show beofre Drew Carey took over and my hubby and brother in law and I were all in the front row for Millionaire. My Bro in law was a contestant.

maryszhi

yep.. quite a bit...
my fav. was my best friends anna, ela, and i were chosen for the water thing at the backlot tour. we are such girly girls, which may have had something to do with it because the host was in a girly mocking voice..omg are we like going to get wet lol. but then we did it and it was so fun. i have a pic. framed of it that i have hung up in my bedroom

krankenstein

^With us, we were the first people in line for The Backlot Tour. The castmember at the chain asked us if we would like to participate. :shrug:

joanna71985

Anyone else?

I have done:
*Backlot Tour mechanic
*Backlot Tour captain
*Backlot Tour deck crew
*picked as extra for Indiana Jones (screamer). It was awsome!!
*picked as hat-wearer for Woody's Cowboy Camp. I was a cactus.
*picked to dance in the Frontierland Hoedown. So much fun!
*Don't know if this counts, but have been in the Family Fun Day parade.

westie

I have been picked and made fun of at the Adventurers Club twice. Once in the mask room they all started badgering me and on our next trip I had to be a guardian of the godess(name?). Anyways, I got my AC club pin!!

Steve-B

A few years ago, my oldest DD and I were the deck crew on the PT boat @ Backlot Tour.
This past May, I was Randall @ Laugh Floor.

Both were a lot of fun and the rest of the family enjoyed them as well....

SeaBreeze

I was with two of my friends and we were part of Marty Wazowski's bit at the Laugh Floor. It was hilarious and a ton of fun :) Apparently if you have a small group wearing mouse ears, you stick out in the the crowd :lol:

Cmdr_Crimson

How do you get to participate? Did you ask or did a cast member ask you?

Not exactly.....During my Christmas trip with my friend in 2003 we went to See Indy and as we got inside we heard they were looking for extras..So to get there attention my friend was franticly waving to get onto the stage..Surprisingly she got picked...So They needed more......I started to do a crazy dance thus hearing "Okay that guy on the far left side of the theater doing that odd dance your up!" So my friend and I were both picked..When I came up they asked me to do evil laughter...Well.......Let's just say my inner demon came out that show....and I got the audience in a riot of laughter it was great. After which I got my costume and the group came back. We then did a "death scene" and I was to act like I was dying..I went and fell did the whole pit and parcel rigamortis and my friend runs up to me and yells...NOOOOOOOOO!!!...It was soo much fun:D..and I hope to get picked for the Backlot tour on my next trip.:lol:

SeaBreeze

Thanks so much for you answers! One last question though. Do you get a pin or hat or anything for being in the show?

I just had a CM run after us and tell us that our bit was the funniest thing she'd seen in the show :) That and the experience itself was enough for me! It would be interesting to know if any of the other shows do anything though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom