Attractions that I will NOT go on again.

JillC LI

Not interested in doing Stitch, Tiki Room, or Country Bears Jamboree again.
Was too scared the first time to ever do ToT or E:E again.
Won't ever try AstroOrbiter because I'm afraid of heights. (Yes, that was me years ago whimpering to my 5 year old DD to please not move the handle up and down so quickly honey on Dumbo!:eek: )

Lexxweb

Magic Kingdom:
Stitch's Great Escape
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh
Country Bear Jamboree

EPCOT:
Impressions De France (I liked it, don't need to do it again)
Journey Into Imagination with Figment
The Spirit of Norway

Disney's Hollywood Studios:
The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow
Muppet*Vision 3D

Disney's Animal Kingdom:
It's Tough to be a Bug!
All attractions in DinoLand USA (except DINOSAUR)
Wildlife Express Train

216bruce

WDW is not a thrill ride park, doesn't warrant itself as such and yet many people seem surprised that they are disappointed after experiencing attractions called " Hall of Presidents" or "Country Bear Jamboree" or "Swiss Family Treehouse". Did any of really expect a zombie Millard Fillmore to attack you in 4-d or an animatronic bear over 50' tall to swipe at you while you are doing a 180 degree inversion or be doused to the bone by Hans and Franz while touring their treehouse? Maybe you folks should either go to a park where there's a LOT of thrill rides like UNI or Cedar Point.

216bruce

I haven't been on the new version but the first version is one of my favorite attractions. I just loved the theme-ing with the tests and the high-speed ending: it's classic Disney for me.[/quote]

Tio me it was touring the body shop at my local car dealer and then taking a Buick for a test drive. Meh. I'll try the new version next time, but as far as pure Disney Magic- POTC or Splash Mountain, not driving to work.

SyracuseOrange

There aren't many attractions that I wouldn't do again if I lived nearby, but being that I only visit occasionally, here are the two I don't waste my time on anymore:
  • Captain EO
  • Ellen's Energy Adventure
And I've never bothered with the DinoLand rides, and I never will.

PurpleDragon

For me the attractions I'll never step foot in would be:

Magic Kingdom
Stich's Great Mistake....erm Escape (never been on it, never will. Bring back AE!!!)
Hall of Presidents (boring, boring, boring)
Tiki Room
Aladdin's Magic Carpet
Astro Orbiter

Epcot
Any of the Circlevision shows
Captain Weirdo......erm EO (worst attraction in all of WDW)

Disney Hollywood Studios
American Idol Experience
Lights, Motor, Action

Animal Kingdom
Kali River Rapids (same old boring generic river ride found in every major theme park)
Conservation Station
Triceratops Spin

There are several other attractions that are mainly just time killers for me, but I will leave those for another list.

mamabunker

Mega post!

Just curious but why? Other than waiting a ridiculous amount of time (I waited like 2.5 hours when it was new and still thought it was worth it) or getting motion sickness (especially at the beginning when it takes you RIGHT up to the screen) I can't imagine someone not liking it.
quote]

Motion sickness. The ride itself was pretty neat, but both times I rode it I felt sick after. Same reason I won't go back on Mission: Space. I love thrill rides-- I'll go on roller coasters all day long-- but please don't spin me around.

AintNoOtherMan

In MK, really only Stitch and the Tomorrowland Speedway (My family will probably make me do this though lol). I like most of the attractions there.
In EPCOT, Imagination, Circle of Life, and Captain EO. Boring and pointless imo.
In HS, ToT (afraid of heights), RnRC (I've always had a huge fear of it lol), and LMA.
In AK, the entire carnival dinosaur area...

GSP Guy

Stomach issues, headaches, phobias, etc., etc., etc. How do some of you leave the house without a team from The Mayo Clinic following you in their fully equipped medical van?
So many delicate flowers. I hope none of you ever end up in a true "thrill" situation.
I don't know my friend. I don't wish to get into my personal life but I take people to sea for a living on a 42' vessel. I have clients that range from families with 5 yr. olds to military special ops personnel and must tell you that there is absolutely no way of telling who will be the ones that get seasick! Sometimes people are perfectly fine outside on deck but once they go inside the cabin sickness ensues. Other times I have had people out in heavy seas and everybody was fine while they were bouncing around as we were underway making way but once I stopped the boat everybody minus myself and my deckhand lost it.
When I went on Mission Space the first time I was very confused because my girlfriend was sick but until it was explained to me I had no idea we had been spinning. Some studies have suggested that if you have multiple inner ear infections as a child you may then be more apt to get motion sickness.
But I can honestly say I have had many a charter where we had to return to port while big ol dad was sick but mom, grandma and the kids were perfectly fine! You just never know!

MikeTaylorSound

WDW:
Stich's Great Escape (waste of time, at least with ITTBAB@AK they show you a film w/FX)
Space Mountain (I love the ride, but my neck doesn't. They need new ride vehicles with neck support)
Aladdin's Magic Carpets (camel spit in my ear, same ride function as Dumbo, Astro Orbiter, etc..)
Barnstormer (I know this is mostly for kids, but it could have been designed to last over a minute)
Tomorrowland Speedway (needs revamping, with electric cars)

ECPOT:
Ellen's Energy Adventure (too many films and 40 minute ride time make this a monstrosity)
Captain EO (kids aren't going to know who MJ is, this ride should be retired after its 30th anniversary)
Journey Into Imagination (not really into Figment, so this ride isn't special to me)
Soarin' (I understand the concept and the appeal, but this ride doesn't do anything for me)

DHS:
Lights, Motor, Action Stunt Show (I'll repeat it: once you've seen it, you don't need to see it again)
Legend of Jack Sparrow (used to be Narnia. Waste of time, you stand up and look at props and films)
American Idol / Loud parades (same category, because they only appeal to 12-24 demographic)
Little Mermaid Theatre (now that new ride in Fantasyland is operational, no need to see this)

AK:
Rafiki's Planet Watch (no stand out attractions and no food available in this area)
Festival of the Lion King (singers "over-souling" parts to the soundtrack w/acrobats flying around)
Triceratops Spin (another Dumbo clone I don't need to ride)

Attractions to bring back:
"if you had wings" (great concept, great ride experience. Put it in EPCOT and showcase the countries' throughout the ride and it eliminates the need for films from each country)

PhotoDave219

Here is a list of attractions that I just find a little boring or just a one time attraction.
1. Country Bear Jamboree
2. Swiss Family Treehouse
3. Captain EO
4. The Circle of Life
5. Ellen's Energy Adventure
6. O Canada! (film)
7. Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
8. Muppet*Vision 3D

Notice Something? Anyways Share your one time/ boring attraction!!! :p
What do you think of mine.

My doctor has told me not to ride:

Mission:Space
Tower of Terror
Rock'n'Roller Coaster featuring Aerosmith
Expedition Everest
Star Tours
Teacups
Primeval Whirl

Due to injuries.

And frankly, If you don't like the Muppets then you must hate America.

Goofyernmost

WDW:
Stich's Great Escape (waste of time, at least with ITTBAB@AK they show you a film w/FX)
Space Mountain (I love the ride, but my neck doesn't. They need new ride vehicles with neck support)
Aladdin's Magic Carpets (camel spit in my ear, same ride function as Dumbo, Astro Orbiter, etc..)
Barnstormer (I know this is mostly for kids, but it could have been designed to last over a minute)
Tomorrowland Speedway (needs revamping, with electric cars)

ECPOT:
Ellen's Energy Adventure (too many films and 40 minute ride time make this a monstrosity)
Captain EO (kids aren't going to know who MJ is, this ride should be retired after its 30th anniversary)
Journey Into Imagination (not really into Figment, so this ride isn't special to me)
Soarin' (I understand the concept and the appeal, but this ride doesn't do anything for me)

DHS:
Lights, Motor, Action Stunt Show (I'll repeat it: once you've seen it, you don't need to see it again)
Legend of Jack Sparrow (used to be Narnia. Waste of time, you stand up and look at props and films)
American Idol / Loud parades (same category, because they only appeal to 12-24 demographic)
Little Mermaid Theatre (now that new ride in Fantasyland is operational, no need to see this)

AK:
Rafiki's Planet Watch (no stand out attractions and no food available in this area)
Festival of the Lion King (singers "over-souling" parts to the soundtrack w/acrobats flying around)
Triceratops Spin (another Dumbo clone I don't need to ride)

Attractions to bring back:
"if you had wings" (great concept, great ride experience. Put it in EPCOT and showcase the countries' throughout the ride and it eliminates the need for films from each country)
Gosh, you must be fun at parties! And I thought I was a curmudgeon. :D

WDW-LUVR

1. Small World
2. Indians Jones
3. Nemo Stage Show
4. Flights of Wonder
5. Backlot Tour
6. Test Track
7. Spaceship Earth
8. Jungle Cruise
9. Enchanted Tiki Room (not under new management)
10. All Pararades

mcurtiss

And frankly, If you don't like the Muppets then you must hate America.

this former Henson employee gives you two
images

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom