ATTN: Newark Intl. Airport Travelers

TTATraveler

Jet Blue Airlines will begin service in October from Newark to Orlando, Tampa, West Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Fort Myers, and San Juan. This is definately good news and appears to have affected Continental already, because they have already lowered their prices to these markets below Jet Blue's prices.

Happy travel planning!!:sohappy:

shoppingnut

WooHooo, this is excellent news. For the longest time I've been flying out of LGA because the airfare was just so much cheaper. Continental's prices have been totally out of hand, I can't recall the last time I used them to go to FL. I would totally prefer Newark and love to fly out of there, so much more convenient.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Craig & Lisa said:
:lookaroun Having flown out of all three airports in the last 8 years, I have found that no matter what airline you fly, Newark will always be the most expensive, reguardless of what airline I've flown. Perhaps, these changes will bring about better prices, but I will believe it when I see it. The family and I are flying out of LGA, we live about 30 min. away fron ewr, not far at all, but when we got our tickets for fla. in april, at this point I still can't find a better price at any of the three airports. Example; 4 tickets purchased in april, out of LGA, on the 19th of Nov. leaving at 11:00am, on delta, of course a layover in Atlanta,( personnally we don't care, we're going to DISNEY) arriving at around 4:00pm, leaving on the 26th at around 6:30pm and getting back around 11:30pm., ( of course the layover ). The total price of each ticket 183.00 and change, the same day around the same time, the same airline, ( even song ), around 312.00 a ticket. For me the inconvience of going to LGA outways the price of the tickets. But as I said if the changes do make it easier, I'd be the biggest idiot in the world to not take advantage of it. For those who are wondering about the price difference, Newark Liberty Int'l, Laguardia.........
not an Int'l hub so to speak, so the prices are generally much lower.:D
Hey there!! Dont I know it!!! I live in Staten Island (Hi Neighbor!!) and for a while now Newark has been ridiculously expensive!!!!! I have flown out of Laguardia most of the time as I can usually get a pretty good price there. The last flight I did was non stop on Spirit for $189.20 non-stop. Check the nonstop prices as well. I have found them to usually be within a few bucks difference so I will fly those to save time and get to Disney that much quicker. Belle

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

wannabeBelle said:
Hey there!! Dont I know it!!! I live in Staten Island (Hi Neighbor!!) and for a while now Newark has been ridiculously expensive!!!!! I have flown out of Laguardia most of the time as I can usually get a pretty good price there. The last flight I did was non stop on Spirit for $189.20 non-stop. Check the nonstop prices as well. I have found them to usually be within a few bucks difference so I will fly those to save time and get to Disney that much quicker. Belle

In reality does it really matter when you get there, besides we fly at those times to not get to the parks, but to relax and take our time at DTD, at the end of traveling we are kind of bushed so trying to rough the crowds is not really worth it, besides we save alot of money this way on tic's

by the way hi neighbor

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Discmen said:
I did not hear about the three stop non stop flight from Stewart, else I would likely not have booked. I assume that they offered refunds, etc to the people on the flight? I mean they can't sell a non-stop and then fly all over kingdom come and not compensate the customers? Right? Right?

No, no refund. They explained it away ... they didn't get the approval to put more planes in service as fast as they thought they would.

I'm sure things will aprrove before you fly. I'll try to find the article from the T-HRecord.

EDIT:

July 06, 2005

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] New Stewart carrier has an uneven start[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Lengthy delays plague airline

By Tim Logan
Times Herald-Record
tlogan@th-record.com

Stewart Airport – Stewart International Airport's newest airline got off to a bumpy start this weekend.
Lengthy delays plagued Pan Am Clipper Connection's first few days. One flight was canceled entirely. And flights that were sold as direct to and from Orlando, Fla., actually took side trips to Columbus, Ohio, and Portsmouth, N.H., several passengers reported.
The problem, said Pan Am spokesman Alex Mouzas, is that the airline has just three planes in service right now, so when weather and a "minor mechanical" problem caused delays, the entire system got thrown off.
"One thing led to another and it had a ripple effect over the whole weekend," he said. "It was just a horror show."
One passenger who got stuck was Michelle Miller.
The Newburgh resident was on Pan Am's first flight Thursday, and saw all the hoopla welcoming the new airline. By the time she got back home Sunday, she'd had quite a ride.
Miller got to Orlando Sanford Airport early Sunday for a 7 a.m. flight, only to find that it was delayed until 9. Then she learned it was being sent to Portsmouth first, before returning to Stewart, which added at least an hour to the trip.
"It's bad business," she said. "People are under the impression that Stewart has this great new airline."
Miller said her brother had similar delays flying home Monday and was routed through Columbus. Other passengers told similar stories in calls and e-mails to the Times Herald-Record.
The problem is temporary, Mouzas said. Pan Am is awaiting final Federal Aviation Administration certification to put two more planes in service. But that approval has been slow in coming.
"I don't know what the holdup is," he said.
A spokeswoman for the FAA was looking into Pan Am's certification yesterday afternoon.
The airport wasn't too happy with the news, said spokeswoman Tanya Vanasse. But the airline has promised to get its schedule right, she said.
"You have to work with them, and it's not always exactly how you'd like it to be," she said. "At the moment I still feel confident that they'll provide the service they promised."
In the meantime, Pan Am is straightening out its system, Mouzas said. And it will run at least one Orlando flight a week through Columbus until it can start flying a new plane.
And it'll compensate passengers who were affected by this weekend's turbulence.
But for Miller, the $100 voucher she received is little comfort.
"Who wants to fly their airline if it's going to be like this," she said. "I'd rather go to Newark (Liberty International Airport), save the aggravation."
[/font]

Upvote 0

crazycalf

I usually fly out of LGA too. It was cheaper to take a car there then just the flight from Newark.

But jet blue had $89 each way from newark for my next trip. Plus, it is only a 15 min drive to newark from my house.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Craig & Lisa said:
In reality does it really matter when you get there, besides we fly at those times to not get to the parks, but to relax and take our time at DTD, at the end of traveling we are kind of bushed so trying to rough the crowds is not really worth it, besides we save alot of money this way on tic's

by the way hi neighbor
Hi there, I am a bit of a park commando and usually I Am running on some kind of schedule so for me, it does matter what time I get there. For a difference of $10-$20 I will always choose to fly non stop. Anything more than that though you are certainly correct and Id give on the time to save that much money! Belle

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

crazycalf said:
I usually fly out of LGA too. It was cheaper to take a car there then just the flight from Newark.

But jet blue had $89 each way from newark for my next trip. Plus, it is only a 15 min drive to newark from my house.
I agree!! And I also found a couple of good parking spots for Laguardia that arent as expensive as parking on the airport itself!!!
I still prefer Newark though as it is closer to my house. Belle

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Craig & Lisa said:

by the way hi neighbor

Yes it does matter to me because as soon as I get there I can start my vacation. For me the idea of relaxation is walking up Main Street in the MK, once I'm there, I feel all my troubles washed away. If I decide to do a few rides I do and watch some fireworks. Since I have an AP, I don't need to worry about tickets or there cost.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

shoppingnut said:
Yes it does matter to me because as soon as I get there I can start my vacation. For me the idea of relaxation is walking up Main Street in the MK, once I'm there, I feel all my troubles washed away. If I decide to do a few rides I do and watch some fireworks. Since I have an AP, I don't need to worry about tickets or there cost.

:) Unfortunatly we don't and can't go often enough to get the AP, if we did we would, but what we do is not for everyone of course. And yes I would love to jump right onto the parks, but we would rather do it with some rest behind us, and also due to the fact that we are in DVC so we spend on night in a value resort then move on to our HOME for the remainder of the week, as I said it isn't for everyone but it works for us. Maybe someday we can do as you do, but for now once a year is all we can manage, and we want to be able to remember what we did, without lack of sleep:animwink: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Bluewaves

I've flown Delta out of Newark to Orlando direct many a time, Just recently they stopped the direct sercive and replaced it with Song which was actually cheaper than the other flights or connecting through Atlanta.

JetBlue's prices the last time I checked were really expensive so I guess I'll still be flying Delta, oh what fun.

Upvote 0

deloon9571

tigsmom said:
Sounds good to me! Now if I could only get a non stop from Stewart.

Stewart is closest to us too, but I've decided to pretend it doesn't even exist until they get a decent affordable airline with non-stop flights. It really stinks to have to fly out of NYC or Newark.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Craig & Lisa said:
:) Unfortunatly we don't and can't go often enough to get the AP, if we did we would, but what we do is not for everyone of course. And yes I would love to jump right onto the parks, but we would rather do it with some rest behind us, and also due to the fact that we are in DVC so we spend on night in a value resort then move on to our HOME for the remainder of the week, as I said it isn't for everyone but it works for us. Maybe someday we can do as you do, but for now once a year is all we can manage, and we want to be able to remember what we did, without lack of sleep:animwink: :sohappy:

I know my way isn't for everyone, so whatever works for you is great. I'm of the view that as long as I get to visit my favorite place, I'm a happy camper.

I just booked by airfare out of Newark (non-stop flightss!!) on Continental for Columbus Day weekend leaving the night of the 6th and returning the afternoon of the 10th for $160 rt, I'm so excited. I'm taking my nephew for the Halloween party.

Upvote 0

steveNJ

Craig & Lisa said:
Example; 4 tickets purchased in april, out of LGA, on the 19th of Nov. leaving at 11:00am, on delta, of course a layover in Atlanta,( personnally we don't care, we're going to DISNEY) arriving at around 4:00pm, leaving on the 26th at around 6:30pm and getting back around 11:30pm., ( of course the layover ). The total price of each ticket 183.00 and change,

Just shows how wacky the airlines are. I got Song from LGA on Dec 4th, coming back on the 10th for $139 non-stop each way (not including travelocity fee). Arriving earlier and leaving later too.

Upvote 0

maelstrom

Oh, the issues we have at Stewart. First we have Southeast bail on us. Now we have Pan-Am and their ridiculous problems. We take Independence to IAD and then on to MCO. The layover really isn't so bad and Independence is a great airline. Consider it, Mad. No sense in going all the way to the city.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

steveNJ said:
Just shows how wacky the airlines are. I got Song from LGA on Dec 4th, coming back on the 10th for $139 non-stop each way (not including travelocity fee). Arriving earlier and leaving later too.
:) Good for you, got mine off of cheaptickets.com, without the taxes and booking fees the tics were, 129.30 each, too bad they didn't go for that much after the fees, plus according to the unofficial guide between Thanksgiving and New Years it's the least busiest time of the year down there:sohappy:

Upvote 0

crazycalf

Craig & Lisa said:
plus according to the unofficial guide between Thanksgiving and New Years it's the least busiest time of the year down there:sohappy:

After thanksgiving weekend and before christmas are the least busy.

Between Christmas and New Year's is one of the busiest times.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

deloon9571 said:
Stewart is closest to us too, but I've decided to pretend it doesn't even exist until they get a decent affordable airline with non-stop flights. It really stinks to have to fly out of NYC or Newark.

I know. We usually fly out of Newark and sometimes LaGuardia because its a savings of a few hundred dollars & thats AFTER we pay for a car service.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom