ATTN: Newark Intl. Airport Travelers

TTATraveler

Jet Blue Airlines will begin service in October from Newark to Orlando, Tampa, West Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Fort Myers, and San Juan. This is definately good news and appears to have affected Continental already, because they have already lowered their prices to these markets below Jet Blue's prices.

Happy travel planning!!:sohappy:

Rinxman

I heard the news in the paper. I was glad to hear it because at the end of the summer Song will no longer be in Newark. It's a good relief.

Upvote 0

Bluewaves

SO why did Song stop flying from Newark, I enjoyed their service the last time I went to Orlando from Newark, TV on the airplane is awesome.

Upvote 0

mrtoad

Rinxman said:
I heard the news in the paper. I was glad to hear it because at the end of the summer Song will no longer be in Newark. It's a good relief.

Can someone explain that please. We have Song booked for January from Newark. Does anyone know what happens then?

Thanks,
Mike

Upvote 0

Neptune

I just saw That on WB11 News! Very good news!

I'll probably continue flying Song to WDW from JFK, but When I go to Boynton, I may take Jetblue.

Upvote 0

TTATraveler

Original Poster
Bluewaves said:
SO why did Song stop flying from Newark, I enjoyed their service the last time I went to Orlando from Newark, TV on the airplane is awesome.

My guess is that Delta Song may have had some advanced info that JetBlue was coming to Newark and wouldn't be able to compete with them or didn't want to compete with them. After all, I think Song only serviced Orlando and maybe Fort Lauderdale from Newark. Jet Blue is offering more service and more flight times than Song was.

Upvote 0

TTATraveler

Original Poster
mrtoad said:
Can someone explain that please. We have Song booked for January from Newark. Does anyone know what happens then?

Thanks,
Mike

I would check your reservations, they may have been switched over to Delta. In that case, you are probably stopping over in Atlanta since Delta does not fly direct to Orlando.

Upvote 0

steveNJ

That's great news. I had made reservations to fly out of LGA this december because Song came in $400 cheaper than Contenintal. Even with a car service I'll come out $200 ahead.

Maybe I'll check and see what the new fares are.

Upvote 0

Discmen

BTW Pan Am just started just started flying non-stop Stewart to orlando again this month. It has a fairly limited number of flights. I just booked for October at around a hundred bucks.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Discmen said:
BTW Pan Am just started just started flying non-stop Stewart to orlando again this month. It has a fairly limited number of flights. I just booked for October at around a hundred bucks.

Did you also hear of all the problems? And how the "non Stop" flight went from Stewart to Ohio & Manchester, NH before it went to Orlando?

Hopefully it will be ironed out soon. We may just start to fly again (if I can brave it).

Upvote 0

mrtoad

TTATraveler said:
I would check your reservations, they may have been switched over to Delta. In that case, you are probably stopping over in Atlanta since Delta does not fly direct to Orlando.

That is indeed what happend and we cancelled and are getting a refund. Pretty lousy to do that without even letting you know. We are now booked on Continental and it was about $170 cheaper, so in the end it was a good thing. But if I had not seen this thread, I would have been pretty darned p'd off.

Thanks for the information. :)

Upvote 0

Discmen

I did not hear about the three stop non stop flight from Stewart, else I would likely not have booked. I assume that they offered refunds, etc to the people on the flight? I mean they can't sell a non-stop and then fly all over kingdom come and not compensate the customers? Right? Right?

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

:lookaroun Having flown out of all three airports in the last 8 years, I have found that no matter what airline you fly, Newark will always be the most expensive, reguardless of what airline I've flown. Perhaps, these changes will bring about better prices, but I will believe it when I see it. The family and I are flying out of LGA, we live about 30 min. away fron ewr, not far at all, but when we got our tickets for fla. in april, at this point I still can't find a better price at any of the three airports. Example; 4 tickets purchased in april, out of LGA, on the 19th of Nov. leaving at 11:00am, on delta, of course a layover in Atlanta,( personnally we don't care, we're going to DISNEY) arriving at around 4:00pm, leaving on the 26th at around 6:30pm and getting back around 11:30pm., ( of course the layover ). The total price of each ticket 183.00 and change, the same day around the same time, the same airline, ( even song ), around 312.00 a ticket, out of Newark. For me the inconvience of going to LGA outways the price of the tickets. But as I said if the changes do make it easier, I'd be the biggest idiot in the world to not take advantage of it. For those who are wondering about the price difference, Newark Liberty Int'l, Laguardia.........
not an Int'l hub so to speak, so the prices are generally much lower.:D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom