At what time does the magic hit you?

When does the magic/nostalgia/Disney love really hit you the MOST?

• Planning the trip/the night before/arriving on property

Votes: 129 59.4%
  • Reminiscing or chatting/discussion boards

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • At the parks/during the vacation

Votes: 68 31.3%
  • After the parks/reflecting on what happened

Votes: 9 4.1%

• Total voters

Grim Grinner

My question is: When does it ever stop?

I constantly think about going back. As I type this- I am 9 days away from flying down for an entire week.

Actually, I've noticed that the Disney magic doesn't quite sink in the first day. Some things may seem cheesy or not as I remembered them. By the second day I'm like a giggling 10 year old again.

Main Street USA

Good thread, Grizzzzzzzzzz.

I voted for the parks.

I can get excited about the magic, and excited about a trip down to see the mouse by browsing these forums, planning for a trip, etc.

BUT, the feeling I get when I step onto the Ferryboat to sail across the Lagoon and feel the brisk morning air hit my face...stepping through the gates of the Magic Kingdom....and then making that short trek under the Railroad, past the lockers and attraction posters (don't forget the map!) to take my first step onto Main Street USA in the crispness of a November Florida morning, just can't be beat.

;) I gave you goosebumps didn't I?

David

I get some of the magic when we book the trip, more of it as I read these boards, even more as we watch videos from past trips and it REALLY hits me when I see that first "Disney" bus, even before we get to the hotel or parks. I should be arriving again in about 7 days from now. I don't know if I'm gonna make it :sohappy:

WDWScottieBoy

I'm one of those that the magic never leaves me. I'm hit with it 24/7/365. Why was that not a choice? I guess it's something I want to live with the rest of my life and will never let it leave! :sohappy:

Lauriebar

Main Street USA said:
Good thread, Grizzzzzzzzzz.

I voted for the parks.

I can get excited about the magic, and excited about a trip down to see the mouse by browsing these forums, planning for a trip, etc.

BUT, the feeling I get when I step onto the Ferryboat to sail across the Lagoon and feel the brisk morning air hit my face...stepping through the gates of the Magic Kingdom....and then making that short trek under the Railroad, past the lockers and attraction posters (don't forget the map!) to take my first step onto Main Street USA in the crispness of a November Florida morning, just can't be beat.

;) I gave you goosebumps didn't I?

You took the words right out of my mouth!!!

ogryn

MouseMadness said:
Totally before we go, I don't have to think about it. And my trips keep failing to live up to my expectations. :( I don't know what's wrong with me... or them... I dunno. Last trip was somewhat of a disappointment to me, though. :(

I felt a bit like that the last time I went (2002). But then I get home and miss the place terribly.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
You guys ALL gave me goosebumps. And to think, there are actually people who don't understand what we feel....it's nice to be in a place where people understand the Magic, and how it makes us feel. I'm like Scott, it never leaves. 24/7/365. Definitely an obsession, magnified by the fact that I now work for the Magical place as well. I figure it this way....my addiction may be expensive, and seem a little strange to 'non-believers', but it's not hurting anyone, and I can't imagine a better thing to be addicted to. So let the planning begin, the arrival commence, the parks appear, and the reflection and reminiscing take place. I'm there. All of it.

DisneyMemories

:) The love and magic never leave,but it only gets stronger as the moment you recive the WDW planning video arrives,then you watch it,begin making reservations at the resort,get other arrangements in order,the hardest part of course is waiting for that day. That day finally arrives and you board that Monorail or Ferry and it just makes the anticaption build till your ready to explode and you wish the mode of transportion would speed up a little faster,but yet deep in the back of your mind your thinking "I'm here i've finally made it,somebody pinch me to make sure i'm not dreaming" you exit your ride to the kingdom and then you walk in those gates and heres where the magic really begin and your magically turned into a kid again no matter your age,and you not sure what to do or begin as a kid would say "mommy/daddy l want to go on space mountian or jungle cruise,or even lets go on dumbo" and the feeling lasts all day into the night and as you exit those gates and return to your reality (of everyday life) you realize that Disney really did discover the FOUNTIAN OF YOUTH and one matter who you are,how old you are,and no matter where you live your always within reach of the magic all around our great world of ours and you think that the song is trully right when they sing "It"s a small world after all" and in todays times everybodys within in days or hours from disney's magical fountian of youth.:wave:

ThumpersThought

For me, I get the goosebumps when I pass under the arches. I get the warmth when I'm checking into the resort. I get excited when I see Spaceship Earth or the Castle peeking out of the trees. But, it's that first walk down Main Street that invades my soul.

When I travelled alone, Main Street was always my first destination after arriving on the property. My wife now often books lunches elsewhere at arrival... it still takes Main Street to finish my transition from "Travelling" to being filled with the Disney spirit.

Heyyall

definitely all of the planning, and then the arrival! doing all the packing gets me so excited to go, and then that morning! once i arrive at orlando airport, my vacation has begin since im really scared of flying. and taking the monorail in the airport! its all so great. and then seeing the sign colors change to green and purple, and finally, the arrival at coronado springs!! I LOVE DISNEY!

Vernonpush

DisneyMemories said:
:) The love and magic never leave,but it only gets stronger as the moment you recive the WDW planning video arrives,then you watch it,begin making reservations at the resort,get other arrangements in order,the hardest part of course is waiting for that day. That day finally arrives and you board that Monorail or Ferry and it just makes the anticaption build till your ready to explode and you wish the mode of transportion would speed up a little faster,but yet deep in the back of your mind your thinking "I'm here i've finally made it,somebody pinch me to make sure i'm not dreaming" you exit your ride to the kingdom and then you walk in those gates and heres where the magic really begin and your magically turned into a kid again no matter your age,and you not sure what to do or begin as a kid would say "mommy/daddy l want to go on space mountian or jungle cruise,or even lets go on dumbo" and the feeling lasts all day into the night and as you exit those gates and return to your reality (of everyday life) you realize that Disney really did discover the FOUNTIAN OF YOUTH and one matter who you are,how old you are,and no matter where you live your always within reach of the magic all around our great world of ours and you think that the song is trully right when they sing "It"s a small world after all" and in todays times everybodys within in days or hours from disney's magical fountian of youth.:wave:

That's it!

signerdreams

this is a great question. I love planning the trip to disney, in some ways its better than the trip itself just b/c during the trip its almost over.

usually the 2nd to last night during the trip i get really sad and really realize that i am about to leave the magic

my heart aches just thinking about it.

so many people think the disney magic is stupid but we all know its not;-)

tobix

Dont you find that the reality fails to live up to the anticipation? The best part of WDW is the build up to arriving. It's all down hill after that....

doop

tobix said:
Dont you find that the reality fails to live up to the anticipation? The best part of WDW is the build up to arriving. It's all down hill after that....
No actually my whole time there is amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom