At what time does the magic hit you?

When does the magic/nostalgia/Disney love really hit you the MOST?

• Planning the trip/the night before/arriving on property

Votes: 129 59.4%
  • Reminiscing or chatting/discussion boards

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • At the parks/during the vacation

Votes: 68 31.3%
  • After the parks/reflecting on what happened

Votes: 9 4.1%

• Total voters

Susan Savia

It would have to be while at home packing the car the night before leaving, putting my Mickey Disney sign in the back window, the long drive (including a stop at the Florida Welcome Center), listening to the Disney theme park music on tape in the car, seeing the turn off for I-4, getting checked in (offsite) and then that first drive over (1 mile from motel) and passing under the Arch welcoming us (snapped a picture of doing it last year, its on my desk to remind me of that feeling!!!), and turning into Epcot's parking lot and seeing Spaceship Earth looming there. Getting parked and walking in and when the music first reaches our ears...it gives me goosebumps and my 22 year old son saying, "Were here!!!" :sohappy: about l0 times before the day is over... and going on Spaceship Earth the lst time. (It's always the first and last thing we do on any Disney Visit!!!

We begin planning for the next time practically before we get left on the first trip. (I am already working on 2010!!). :D

Next Trip - January 2009

It's like coming home again......

dove_

For me, it comes in increments. The Orlando airport even has a touch of magic for me, because it's always meant Disney! It used to hit me once we got in our hotel, then later it started hitting me when we passed the big arch saying "WELCOME TO WDW!!", and now with magical express, it's once you get waved into the lines with the smiling CMs with their mickey hands!

marmiedook

The magic hits me each and every time I begin to enter the park entrance and look up to read Walt's words, "Here you leave today, and enter
the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy".

My eyes get watery each time I read it or see a picture of it. It is truly at the threshold between reality and magic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom