As of February, guests will no longer be able to see a trained Disney Artist who is d

Mr. Eggz

HennieBogan1966 said:
You are right in saying that the animation starts with storyboarding. And I agree with your comments regarding doing things the way Mr. Disney would want them done, would be a welcome site in the parks. But all of my comments regarding the business side of this situation reflect what I see in business today, and not how Walt Disney himself may have done it differently.

I can't say, having never met him, how he might do things today, versus the early 70's, let's say. And many have argued the point with me that if he were alive today, and running things the way he wanted, that he would have gone bankrupt by now. This due to his history of details and spending on projects. I'm not saying those are bad qualities but merely that maybe he would have adjusted the way he did things today, given current economics.

I would love to have back the old days, but I'm not sure they would fit in todays theme parks, or would be AS popular with todays guests. That is speculation, but if we look at todays society, and moreover, todays kids, they have different entertainment needs than we did as kids. I think Disney has done a great job in continuing to move and change with the times. Yes, they've made some mistakes, but we all do. Overall, I think they have done all they could to compete, given all that they have on their plate on a daily basis.

Well, I think Walt would have gone broke in his time had it not been for Roy's help. Every time Walt tried to do something, there were so-called experts who told him to "Stick to shorts" or that no one would want to go to a amusement without a farris wheel and a mid way (which is particularly ironic given DCA). People belived his attention to quality and detail was not economically viable in his time. The world hasn't changed so much. Parents and kids still want to have fun together, and people will still pay for a quality experience...and as you have demonstrated, there are still naysayers.

Maybe 20 years from now, Pixar will make a theme park in the old Disney tradition and the Walt/Roy way of doing things, and we'll see something truly remarkable.

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
I agree that people still want a place to take their families for good clean fun, and Disney overall, is that place. But you MUST admit that the pace at which children grow and learn is much faster now than it was 20-25 years ago. So, hence, their needs for entertainment are much different. An example would be ATARI. Back in the early 80's that was considered high-tech. Would children today be impressed? I'm not sure they would. For a parellel comparison, take Mr. Toads Wild Ride. I personally enjoyed it as a child, and it held sentimental value for me as an adult. But, it would NOT be popular with todays kids. I think that the addition of Winnie the Pooh, and Mickey's Philharmagic have been good additions, considering the technology used in them.

Now, you may say, what about Splash Mountain? Classic Story, good ride. True, but told with high tech AA's for the times. Would it be the same, if it had the "feel" of Mr. Toads Wild Ride?

I truly believe that Mr. Disney was a visionary, and he WOULD have changed with the times, and actually been ahead of the curve. Whether or not the prices would have skyrocketed, I can't say. Maybe Roy would have had an influence on the decision-making over these many years, had Walt survived this long. But we just can't say.

Brian

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It would appear as though all of our e-mails and letters might have won a small victory. I was at the Magic of Disney Animation this weekend and while the artist that does the initial show with Mushu has been replaced the artists are still the ones teaching us how to draw the Disney characters. I spoke with the artist that was there and he stated that their position was reclassified and that they would be staying. While this reclassification meant a pay cut the artist seemed genuinely pleased that they would be allowed to continue touching Disney’s guests lives like they had done before.

PurpleDragon

Master Yoda said:
It would appear as though all of our e-mails and letters might have won a small victory. I was at the Magic of Disney Animation this weekend and while the artist that does the initial show with Mushu has been replaced the artists are still the ones teaching us how to draw the Disney characters. I spoke with the artist that was there and he stated that their position was reclassified and that they would be staying. While this reclassification meant a pay cut the artist seemed genuinely pleased that they would be allowed to continue touching Disney’s guests lives like they had done before.

Yaaaaaaaaaayyyyy!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Thats great to hear. Hopefully it was enough for the execs up at WDC to take notice. I doubt it, but I can hope.

Scooter

If this news is true, it is wonderful indeed.

I vowed in this forum,that if Disney eliminated all the Disney Artists from this attraction, I would never set foot in it...and I was dead serious.

If I discover this news is correct, then I will personally go in to this attraction, congratulate, and shake the hands of the working Artists there on my next trip.

barnum42

Master Yoda said:
That's great news they are still there! :D

General Grizz

Awesome! I am dying to get in contact with them. . .

So all you know is that the artists have stayed put? Which did you talk to? You can PM me this info if you'd like.

9oldmen

Thanks to all of you!!!!!!!!

Thank You All!

I want to thank you all for the support you gave us during a very hard time. The info that was given to you is true...we are staying as artist on the tour but with the new contract that was given to cast members some of us will take a pay cut.

Today I was given some information from a good friend of mine. A lot of the higher management know me personally now because of the fight that we put forth on keeping integrity at our attraction. I'm not going to argue about what's being said about me nor am I scared...I did nothing wrong but tell the truth. It's over now so we can move on and help other people in the company that are going through hard times.

Thank You!

I will close with this.

I've given a lot to the company at no cost.
The love I bring into work everyday is at no charge.
For the ability and the talent that flows from my eyes, mymind and then into my fingers it's at no charge.
For taking the time to be a role model, an inspiration, for setting an example, a mentor to the that little girl or boy that is crying because they can't draw like me the price is no charge.
For loving every guest no matter where they are from on the face of the Earth and have them to come back and visit me a 2nd, 3rd or 4th time...no charge.
For passing on the knowledge from legends that were and are my friends like Ollie Johnson, Ward Kimbal, Marc Davis and Ralph Kent...no chrage.

When I leave this company to let other young artists take over my experience will be........

tigger248

:sohappy:

That's great that the artists are gonna stay! I guess my email did help do some good. I s'pose this means that I'll come visit ya in November! :wave:

:sohappy:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
You have made my week, no, my month 9oldmen. I wrote as did many others and am kind of in shock that they actually seem to have listened. I am so happy for you and your associates to be allowed to continue doing what you love.

I look forward to getting to shake your hand in person on the next visit. Please give our best to your associates that have also shared their stories here. Stop back in here from time to time to let us know how you are doing. God Bless!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I’m very glad you are here to stay 9oldmen. My family is still talking about the time we met you. I hope to see you again real soon.

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
I'm glad that things have appeared to work out well for everyone, but I must ask a question of 9.

Are you telling me that you work for free? Cause if you are paid, then all of those things that you mentioned, you are INDEED PAID to do. I'm sorry to disagree with you, but when ANY of us take a job of ANY kind, it IS OUR OBLIGATION to provide all of those things you talked about. Some of those fine qualities that you mentioned and exhibit, are GREAT human qualities as well. I'm not sure that those are necessarily things you SHOULD be paid for, but you are indeed paid for them as long as you are receiving a check from Disney.

Again, I'm glad things worked out for the best, and I hope that those affected are happy with the results.

Brian

barnum42

HennieBogan1966 said:
I'm sorry to disagree with you
I'm calling BS on this one! :lol:

You can now post your usual self-important insulting reply to try and justify your aggressive tactics. :rolleyes:

NineOld - don't worry about the odd rotten apple here, the rest of us appreciate the fact you go the extra mile :wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
HennieBogan1966 said:
I'm glad that things have appeared to work out well for everyone, but I must ask a question of 9.

Are you telling me that you work for free? Cause if you are paid, then all of those things that you mentioned, you are INDEED PAID to do. I'm sorry to disagree with you, but when ANY of us take a job of ANY kind, it IS OUR OBLIGATION to provide all of those things you talked about. Some of those fine qualities that you mentioned and exhibit, are GREAT human qualities as well. I'm not sure that those are necessarily things you SHOULD be paid for, but you are indeed paid for them as long as you are receiving a check from Disney.

Again, I'm glad things worked out for the best, and I hope that those affected are happy with the results.

Brian
Lets see a little gas….. a fire…ok begin pouring.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom