Article about a Lost attraction

Thrill Seeker

Discovery Island? Well...it is an island...so that's probably the best fit.

I was waiting for someone to bring up Discovery Island. That would be the PERFECT fit for a Lost attraction. Make it something sorta like Disney Quest. It has separate admission and is not considered a full park. Take the island, change certain aspects and maybe even consider building some kind of attraction on it. From what I gather (I don't watch the show) it wouldn't take too much work to transform DI into a Lost Island. I'd pay to go if it happened...

Maerj

I disagree.
I don't see how they could fit a totally fictional place like the Lost island into the Studios. It would really clash with the real-world settings of that park.
Adventureland though....lots of possibilities.

How I'd see it in the Studios park it would blend in *really* well. Yes this would cost a lot of money and take a lot of planning but we're just chatting about all of this, right? ;) Anyway...

Multiple entrances scattered around the park, each one could have the logo of a Dharma Station on the door. They would open up to guests at different times throughout the day and wouldn't be on any of the maps. Disney would of course announce that there is a Lost attraction but guests would actually have to find it! It wouldn't be too hard to find one but they shouldn't stick out very much either. You'd follow the tunnel to a room where a video would come on with Dr. Marvin Candle would explain your Dharma training mission to you.

Tom Morrow

Lets be realistic, though. At most, this will probably be a temporary walkthrough attraction.

I say, Narnia is closing. Replace it with this.

_Scar

I disagree.
I don't see how they could fit a totally fictional place like the Lost island into the Studios. It would really clash with the real-world settings of that park.
Adventureland though....lots of possibilities.

Well, just know you don't have to start on Lost Island... they can very easily make it work with you maybe off island in a research facility.

EPCOT Explorer

Eh...I'm not so sure.
Hard to see them being able to pull off a convincing transition from Hollywood to an island in the south pacific. Seems like it would only work if they themed it as a visit to the Lost set or something. I don't like that idea.

Nah...I'm convinced. Adventureland is the only park setting I could see it working in.

This is beginning to sound like a IJA discussion. :lol:

I wonder how they would make the antique, 1800's look of the place suddenly go into the modern era...with a plane wreck.

_Scar

This is beginning to sound like a IJA discussion. :lol:

I wonder how they would make the antique, 1800's look of the place suddenly go into the modern era...with a plane wreck.

I take it you don't watch Lost? It doesn't matter where you are or what time you are in. ;)

WDW1974

Lost, thematically, doesn't fit MK at all ... no matter how much I love the show.

It would be even more out of place than toons in Tomorowland, which is bad enough.

It really would be akin to moving Hulk and Fantastic Four into EPCOT.

Go read your primers on what MK is supposed to be about ...

_Scar

Lost, thematically, doesn't fit MK at all ... no matter how much I love the show.

It would be even more out of place than toons in Tomorowland, which is bad enough.

It really would be akin to moving Hulk and Fantastic Four into EPCOT.

Go read your primers on what MK is supposed to be about ...

Who said it should be in MK? I'm thinking DHS if anything.

WDW1974

Who said it should be in MK? I'm thinking DHS if anything.

Others are suggesting it ... the original post talked about TSI ... others have mentioned Adventureland.

Studios would be a fit (as I have said before) as would DCA and DSP.
And you could do something very kewl with TSFKaDI.

But Disney isn't going to. ... So why don't we discuss the Adventureland restrooms!

Or how about that new planter near Space Mountain?

_Scar

I think Lost is more futuristic than Adventureland- and my crazy evil plan is to plop it into UoE and create a jeep ride. Energy is a bit hit on Lost.

Commence the bashing of me!

yeti

For the record, to anyone who says it's too late to get into Lost, I was definitely a Lost-hater when my sister started watching it in S1.

When I started watching the middle/towards the ending of S3, I started liking it-really liking it...

Then I saw the final moments of S3. That's when it got me hooked.

_Scar

For the record, to anyone who says it's too late to get into Lost, I was definitely a Lost-hater when my sister started watching it in S1.

When I started watching the middle/towards the ending of S3, I started liking it-really liking it...

Then I saw the final moments of S3. That's when it got me hooked.

Season 3 is pure perfection along with 5. Good character development, nothing is rushed or too slow. If you want to get into Lost fast before Feb 2nd, I'd watch 3 to see if you'll like the series then do 1 and 2 or just wiki those.

Disney_Freak429

I just want to add I would now kill to have Lost come to the parks. I didn't "get" Lost but then I said what the heck & started to watch it a few weeks ago starting with season 1. I am now just starting season 4 & will be ready for the last season in time on Feb. 2. So to say I now "get it" is an understatment. It's a really great show once you start to watch it & get into it.

Victor

Season 3 is pure perfection along with 5. Good character development, nothing is rushed or too slow. If you want to get into Lost fast before Feb 2nd, I'd watch 3 to see if you'll like the series then do 1 and 2 or just wiki those.

No way! Anyone interested in watching Lost must start with Season 1 or else you'll simply be...lost. Season 1 is still among the best seasons and the only season to win an Emmy for Best Dramatic Series. To miss out on it and the further reveals in Season 2 would be a crime. Lost is like a book...you don't start reading a book halfway in.

_Scar

No way! Anyone interested in watching Lost must start with Season 1 or else you'll simply be...lost. Season 1 is still among the best seasons and the only season to win an Emmy for Best Dramatic Series. To miss out on it and the further reveals in Season 2 would be a crime. Lost is like a book...you don't start reading a book halfway in.

I started in Season 2 and watched until about 4 until I got curious about season 1. I never even needed to reference season 1 once to get everything that was going on. And 2 wasn't even very good at all. The bad part about season 1 is that it was so much character development and filler episodes that it got boring by the end. At least in 2 the plot moved along nicely.

Victor

And 2 wasn't even very good at all. The bad part about season 1 is that it was so much character development and filler episodes that it got boring by the end. At least in 2 the plot moved along nicely.

Yeah...god forbid a show has character development. The reason I stuck with Lost was because the characters were so well developed. Most Lost fans will agree that Season 1 is one of the best, if not the best, seasons. I will give you that Season 2 is the 'worst' but still better than most TV. That season had a lot of filler episodes, but some very important and cool stuff (introduction of Dharma, Mr. Eko, Desmond).

_Scar

Yeah...god forbid a show has character development. The reason I stuck with Lost was because the characters were so well developed. Most Lost fans will agree that Season 1 is one of the best, if not the best, seasons. I will give you that Season 2 is the 'worst' but still better than most TV. That season had a lot of filler episodes, but some very important and cool stuff (introduction of Dharma, Mr. Eko, Desmond).

3 and 5 baby, 3 and 5.

:D

1 just has too much character development- which is completely necesary, but when you look back on it and compare it to the action packed season 3 and 5 it's like a world of difference imo.

Victor

3 and 5 baby, 3 and 5.

:D

1 just has too much character development- which is completely necesary, but when you look back on it and compare it to the action packed season 3 and 5 it's like a world of difference imo.

I agree that they do seem like almost completely different shows looking back on it. I also agree with 3 and 5 being the best seasons, at least my favorites. Season 3 did stumble a bit in the beginning, but it really picked up steam, and the third season finale is in my opinion the best episode of Lost ever made. If I had to rank the seasons I'd say 5, 3, 1, 4, and 2.

_Scar

I agree that they do seem like almost completely different shows looking back on it. I also agree with 3 and 5 being the best seasons, at least my favorites. Season 3 did stumble a bit in the beginning, but it really picked up steam, and the third season finale is in my opinion the best episode of Lost ever made. If I had to rank the seasons I'd say 5, 3, 1, 4, and 2.

That's generally my list to. Sometimes I alternate 3 and 5 based on my mood. :lol::lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom