Article about a Lost attraction

EpcotServo

Sigh...What I'd give for this to be a "What if there was a Baccano! attraction" thread...

:(

(Which by the way, I think you would love Lee. Just tell me when Lost is over if you're looking for a fantastic non-liner ensemble supernatural horror/action drama character piece with loads of style, if you don't mind hulu and can get over the fact it's animated. :lol: :lookaroun)

Tom Morrow

I think this would work great at Disneyland, where their target audience is locals and annual visitors who wouldn't mind the change, even if it was only for a few years.

I love LOST - its arguably one of the best shows ever made, and better than most movies. However, unlike The Twilight Zone, in which every episode was a new story, LOST is one continuous story, so I'm not sure what they could do besides a walkthrough.

JerseySkiddie

Original Poster
I love Lost, but it doesn't have a long shelf life in terms of making an attraction out of it. Not to mention that it has no place in the DL/MK setting. The themes (in most lands) is classic Americana, not creepy sci fi islands. Granted, we are geeks and we know more than the average bear about how things work at Disney, but this person who wrote the article doesn't seem to.

End Rant.

Maerj

Now to the people who don't like lost did you also like star wars or indiana jones. Like it or not these movies also had a limited adiance. Today they are more respected and loved.

Eh, this isn't entirely accurate. SW and Indiana Jones def did not have a limited audience when they came out. Both were pretty huge phenomenoms when they came out and were loved at the time. Not sure what this has to do with Lost except maybe it doesn't matter what the source material is. A great attraction is a great attraction, doesn't matter if its a 30+ year old film or a tv series that isn't on anymore.

That said, I'd enjoy a Lost experience in the parks. Something in the world of the tv series but something new and unique that guests can explore without requiring too much knowledge of the show but with enough details so that it pays off for the hardcore fans.

xtina72

Big LOST fan here but.....H-E double hockey sticks NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Put it on Discovery Island, it makes more sense, leave TSI ALONE....seriously, ....my kids would be like Swan what? Dharma initiative who? How would children have any interest in this?

I think that would be the nail in the coffin for me.

Brian_B

Now to the people who don't like lost did you also like star wars or indiana jones. Like it or not these movies also had a limited adiance. Today they are more respected and loved.

Sorry, no. Fail. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Indiana Jones and Star Wars were both monstrous successes upon their release. Comparing the popularity of "Lost" to that of the first Star Wars film is preposterous, and this is coming from someone who only marginally enjoys the first two SW flicks (A New Hope + Empire).

The bottom line is that movies such as Indiana Jones and Star Wars were chosen for the parks due to their broad appeal to pretty much all age groups. It's kind of hard to find people who legitimately dislike Indiana Jones. I find that MANY people - myself included - think Lost is a disjointed mess that came together like one of Indy's plans:

"I don't know, I'm making this up as I go."

Yeah. The writers of Lost sure were.

hrcollectibles

:brick::brick::brick:

The creators have said Lost has a definite beginning and ending. :sohappy:

They also aid it would not be a dream or any ending that would rile up the lost fans.. I for one would love a LOST attraction... It could be part submarine attraction/part dark ride....All things happened on the Island for a reason...

hrcollectibles

Sorry, no. Fail. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Indiana Jones and Star Wars were both monstrous successes upon their release. Comparing the popularity of "Lost" to that of the first Star Wars film is preposterous, and this is coming from someone who only marginally enjoys the first two SW flicks (A New Hope + Empire).

The bottom line is that movies such as Indiana Jones and Star Wars were chosen for the parks due to their broad appeal to pretty much all age groups. It's kind of hard to find people who legitimately dislike Indiana Jones. I find that MANY people - myself included - think Lost is a disjointed mess that came together like one of Indy's plans:

The writers ha ve said from the beginning they had a vision f how the show would end.. It is not writen on the fly... THe show was made to have a Beginning, middle and an end

hazelrah

Discovery Island? Well...it is an island...so that's probably the best fit.

This absolutely gets my vote. Bring DHARMA to DI!

picture.php

_Scar

They also aid it would not be a dream or any ending that would rile up the lost fans.. I for one would love a LOST attraction... It could be part submarine attraction/part dark ride....All things happened on the Island for a reason...

Oh yes. Can't wait. I love how the creators do the weekly podcasts and are really connected to the fan base.

P.S. Hey, do you own a collectibles shop or something? :p

P. P. S. I think this would only work if Lost has its own land with a Discovery theme or it might work on TLand with no Island. :shrug:

Kamikaze

Yea I'm not for this but then again I hate that show. They have been on that Island all that time and Hurley is still the size of that same island :shrug:

#1 They found plenty of food about 40 days in.
#2 They were then pallet dropped another round of food about 20 days later.
#3 He got off the island after 100 days.
#4 He was off the island for 3 years.
#5 He has only been back for 5 days.

_Scar

#1 They found plenty of food about 40 days in.
#2 They were then pallet dropped another round of food about 20 days later.
#3 He got off the island after 100 days.
#4 He was off the island for 3 years.
#5 He has only been back for 5 days.

:sohappy:

I get annoyed when people just think Lost is one of the stupidest shows- and when you ask them if they've ever watched the show they say "ya, episode 1 then I got lost" :lol: ... or they say they hate the show and say something completely off the wall :p

Tom Morrow

I find that MANY people - myself included - think Lost is a disjointed mess that came together like one of Indy's plans:

I wish there was a "Smug" smiley that I could use for posts like this.

The people who say they hate it have simply not watched the whole thing, or would rather watch mindless television where they don't have to think at all. Of course it will seem like a disjointed mess if you only watch it once in a while.

Even if the LOST writers really did make it up as they went along, it still all comes together nicely... at least, so far. The upcoming final season could make or break the whole thing.

Laura

Premium Member
True. Never happen at DL or MK.
Needs to happen somewhere though.
Discovery Island? Well...it is an island...so that's probably the best fit.
Studios? Nah. No real good way to work a tropical island into there.
AK? Well.....there is a polar bear....:lol:

Typhoon Lagoon. ;)

WDW1974

You fanbois are a hoot, that's what you are ... yeppers.

Look, you can rip WDW ... there's certainly cause. But please don't rip one of the best sci-fi/dramas of all-time because you never got it, didn't have the devotion to stick with it (you likely would have had issues with the comedy about castaways on a 'three hour tour' too because they never got off the island ... well, not until a movie a decade later!) or it just wasn't for you (The Sopranos isn't for me, for example, but it was one amazing piece of TV).

So ... where are we? Oh yeah. This ridiculous story based on some petition.

Guess what? It'll never happen.

Disney isn't going to invest millions of dollars in a franchise that is set on an island (or a place where miracles happen) because a few fanbois want it. Sci-fi has no place in NOS or FrL. None. And that should dead end it.

And while TSFKaDI would be perfect for some very uber kewl Lost attraction, that will never happen either.

Finally, I'd love to see something done with Lost in the parks. But Disney doesn't and it's squandered the years when it would have made the most sense. I happen to know a few folks who are VERY involved in Lost, both behind the camera and in front. I have talked to them at length about a Lost attraction for the parks and the responses have been the same ''it would be very cool ... and I'm surprised that no one from Disney has ever talked to me/us''.

I don't see anything ever happening, sadly. But if it did, it would never, ever, ever be on TSI.

BTW, for those that think 'Lost' dies when the series wraps up with these characters and THIS story should check out a great story in yesterday's Hollywood Reporter with Carlton and Damon. Bottom line is while they are out of the Lost business and the show will definitely have an end that leaves no big openings for future films or the like etc ... they also believe Disney isn't going to let the franchise die completely forever and they point to Tron Legacy as an example of what can happen over time.

I wish it were 2/2 already!

MousDad

I get annoyed when people just think Lost is one of the stupidest shows- and when you ask them if they've ever watched the show they say "ya, episode 1 then I got lost" :lol:

Look, you can rip WDW ... there's certainly cause. But please don't rip one of the best sci-fi/dramas of all-time because you never got it, didn't have the devotion to stick with it

That's the inherent problem with the show - the inability to attract a new audience. If you haven't seen it from the beginning (like me) or have enough of a life that you can't spend 3 weeks of off time catching up on past episodes (like me), then it's a waste a time. Trust me, I get just as annoyed watching the show as you get with me telling you I don't like it.

EpcotServo

That's the inherent problem with the show - the inability to attract a new audience. If you haven't seen it from the beginning (like me) or have enough of a life that you can't spend 3 weeks of off time catching up on past episodes (like me), then it's a waste a time. Trust me, I get just as annoyed watching the show as you get with me telling you I don't like it.

Though to be fair, that's a problem some actually great shows have too.

:lol: :zipit:

Shutting up now, I'm leaving!
:lookaroun :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom