Aristocats Toulouse and Berlioz coming to WDW

drew81

Given the number of characters WDW has but chooses not to use, coupled with recent cuts, I would find it more likely for them to retire Marie, not pay to update her, and certainly not to add Berlioz or Toulouse...

I agree. They've cut so much. If they're not a VIP, Pixar, Princess or Playhouse Disney character you are lucky to see them.

Cutting characters is what entertainment does best, well and renaming parades and saying they're a "new" entertainment offering.

ellie-badge

If this were to actually happen... !

tumblr_m6ljjnlDBA1r234qlo1_500.gif

Allie_Marie

I have no problem with that! I love Marie, I would love to see her brothers.
When I saw her in August 2010 she was great with me and spent so much time with me, alas, I was the only one in line besides my siblings but still.
Marie and her brothers will always hold a special place in my heart because Marie is my middle name! Also, she's in my icon picture :)

The Empress Lilly

Has Robin Hood ever appeared?
Yes. The Robin Hood characters were all over the MK way back when the movie was still new-ish.

Maybe it's me projecting my own likes, but I think the RH characters were very popular back then. I know I loved them. That movie has got an enormous cast of memorable characters. I think they're still very popular and recognisable.

tumblr_li6g15xFuT1qi0p4eo1_500.jpg

ellie-badge

Yes. The Robin Hood characters were all over the MK way back when the movie was still new-ish.

Maybe it's me projecting my own likes, but I think the RH characters were very popular back then. I know I loved them. That movie has got an enormous cast of memorable characters. I think they're still very popular and recognisable.

tumblr_li6g15xFuT1qi0p4eo1_500.jpg

I remember seeing Robin Hood during the morning show just before Magic Kingdom opened for the day way back while I was a tyke. Do they still do the morning show, much less have Robin Hood in it? o_O

Also, I remember meeting with Prince John years ago in the area where Tiana and Naveen used to have their M&G (not sure if they're still there). He was awesome and totally in character!

Patricia Melton

It would be fun (and very smart) of Disney to bring obscure characters back into the parks...one or two a month, just for that month, and then bring new ones the next month.

Would add some liveliness and unexpected fun.

And I bet the photos that people would take and post to Twitter and Facebook would generate enthusiasm for older properties as new generations would be curious about who these characters are.

It would kind of be like those obscure characters were "visiting" WDW that month...and repeat guests would never know which obscure character would be out and about on their next visit.

Animaniac93-98

When did the Robin Hood characters leave the parks? I remember less than 10 years ago them still being out.

That Lucifer plush is probably a tie-in with the upcoming Blu-ray release. Like when they made Oliver and Company plush for the Disney store for the last DVD re-release (now that was shocking!).

asianway

When did the Robin Hood characters leave the parks? I remember less than 10 years ago them still being out.

That Lucifer plush is probably a tie-in with the upcoming Blu-ray release. Like when they made Oliver and Company plush for the Disney store for the last DVD re-release (now that was shocking!).
At some point the inventory of costumes becomes so depleted, they have two choices, fabricate new ones or put them on life support and only available for special events. What do you think WDW management in 2012 chooses to do?

Yzma

Robin Hood was the first to go, early 09 (though he does still appear in Fantasmic). PJ, Sheriff, and the Friar continued to do random appearances at the Animation Building until near the end of 09.

While they may appear for very specific special events, they are not likely to pop up in the parks anymore.

In 09, all of them were walk up characters with NO lines.

drew81

At some point the inventory of costumes becomes so depleted, they have two choices, fabricate new ones or put them on life support and only available for special events. What do you think WDW management in 2012 chooses to do?

Whatever is the cheapest and makes sure they get their bonus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom