Are you sick of Stitch in WDW parks?

Are you sick of Stitch in WDW Parks?

• Yes, I'm tired of Disney overhyping this character.

Votes: 157 57.5%
  • No, I love Stitch and enjoy seeing him everywhere

Votes: 73 26.7%
  • I don't care!

Votes: 43 15.8%

• Total voters

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Its not that I dont like Stitch, I asked and received a large Stitch plush that currently sits in my office at home. Its just that it seems Disney went overboard and plastered him everywhere. And thats not really a problem I guess, its just the manner that they did. I mean Stitch pressign his but against a window is just a little too much....

MichelleBelle

Seeing Stitch everywhere would be great if he had a great attraction to back him up...

All this Stitch hype makes you think that SGE is incredible and that it's a must-see at the park, only I think it makes you a little disappointed. At least I was.

Stitch should have some sort of roller coaster (not a huge one... maybe like a crazy Primeval Whirl type thing)... they could still have the animatronic in the pre-show. Oh well, I'll stop babbling.

GiantStitch712

Personally, Stitch is one of my favorite Disney characters, and has been since Lilo and Stitch first opened. I find him rather funny. I haven't yet had a chance to go to Disney World (something that, very soon, will change), but I hear that Stitch can be seen almost anywhere. I'm looking forward to seeing that. Though I may not get the chance to see SGE right away, I'm really hoping I get to some day, because I've heard alot about the ride, and, being a Stitch fan, I'd like to see it for myself.

Stitchfan712

Not sure a coaster fully does him justice. But it appears SGE in its current form doesn't entirely either. But it does a better job than a coaster in my opinion.

Hey GiantStitch712...looks like we have some numbers in common. ;)

Stitchfan712

Stick around these boards for a few weeks and you'll learn more than you ever expected to learn about WDW.

Just remember to form your own opinions about things, don't necessarily judge things because of the opinions of others.

Stitchfan712

Hmmm, I can't help but be suspicious that these poll results are being skewed.

I've been watching it and every time someone votes for the second option, someone votes for the 1st option cancelling out their vote.

Maybe I'm just reading into it too much but it seems odd that that top thing only increases when someone votes in favor of Stitch.

shoppingnut

I really like stitch, but with all this promotion and having him in your face constantly, I'm starting to dislike him. AE was a great ride, but not for little ones who were scared of the dark. Stitch deserved his own original ride, not to be just swapped with the Alien. After riding SGE, I would never bring a little one on because it is way to scary which is a shame. They need to take it down a few notches on promoting stitch before everyone hates him.

welovewdw

im sorry you guys, i love stitch. i love the movie, love the character (i thought one of the most developed i've seen in awhile) and i havent got a chance to ride sge, but i will go into it with an open mind. although i do wonder if it was smart of disney to create an attraction similar to a beloved one in the same place it was after they took it away. i never got a chance to ride ae (first trip may 2004) but i know everyone was upset it was taken away. nothing other than a top quality, completely different attraction should have been put there, if not the original.
i still love stitch. always will.

welovewdw

shoppingnut said:
I really like stitch, but with all this promotion and having him in your face constantly, I'm starting to dislike him. AE was a great ride, but not for little ones who were scared of the dark. Stitch deserved his own original ride, not to be just swapped with the Alien. After riding SGE, I would never bring a little one on because it is way to scary which is a shame. They need to take it down a few notches on promoting stitch before everyone hates him.
i agree!!

welovewdw

arcsbite said:
I personally love Stitch
I love the mass marketing of him, if a mouse can get it, why not stitch?

I adore the movie, always have, I love that there is finally a "naughty" member of the disney family, it's refreshing and he's cute as hell.

I may be blinded by my love for stitch but, I think a lot of the problem is the mass attachment people had for AE, I personally never got to see or go on the ride.
I have to admit although I loved the animatronic, the ride was dissapointing, it was funny, it was cute, but it was a stinky room of fog for 4 minutes.

It doesn't take away from the love I have for him, and it's one of those loves that means I have a small room in my house dedicated to Stitch-Stuff due to overshopping.

I think his day has been a long time coming and having had to wait 3 years to get to see him widespread as it were was amazing for me, and the whole Stitch Kingdom made my day.
I do think they have hyped the ride too much
they could never hype Stitch too much as a character.
yeay!!! more stitch fans!!!

jaredliu

PurpleDragon said:
Boatload of lemons? SGE is a horrible ride, they have gotten thousands of complaints about it. It is nothing like they hyped it up to be according to reports I've read. So if SGE is a boatload of lemons, well then they must be rotten.

Lots of people compliant about AE as a horrible ride too. But lots of them love them to death. I don't care what's "Stich Marketing" is all about but I think I see more Mickey in the park than Stich. And I found SGE is better than Journey into Imagination by 100 times. Some how that keep-singing purple dragon is just too anoying compare to Stich. Of course, that's just me.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
A couple things we need to take into consideration:

1) This board represents a VERY small and biased section of the Disney fanbase. To use just the members of this board as a basis for wanting a ride gone by saying everyone (even most is too much) wants the ride down is a bad idea at best. Only Disney Research really knows for sure.

2) This ride isn't geared for adults. The obnoxiousness of the character is tuned toward a little less developed sense of responsiblity. Kids will get a kick out of it. That was the point. Adults can get a chuckle out of the ride here and there, and everybody leaves happy.

3) What if they made the hardest, fastest, greatest rollercoaster ever and put the Stitch name on it? The lines would be impossibly long, and Stitch would be put in a different light. I don't think you can make a judgement on a character based on the ride.

4) Stitch isn't any more over-hyped than Mickey or Pooh. I see just as many Poohs in gift shops as Stitches. Disney isn't going to take something that is bringing in a ton of money for them and then not try to capitalize on it further.

beauty_Belle27

and,you have to think about the billions of screaming,crying children spawned by AE.they chose stitch as a cuddlier,silly version,so there is less mass mayhem.

beauty_Belle27

welovewdw said:
im sorry you guys, i love stitch. i love the movie, love the character (i thought one of the most developed i've seen in awhile) and i havent got a chance to ride sge, but i will go into it with an open mind. although i do wonder if it was smart of disney to create an attraction similar to a beloved one in the same place it was after they took it away. i never got a chance to ride ae (first trip may 2004) but i know everyone was upset it was taken away. nothing other than a top quality, completely different attraction should have been put there, if not the original.
i still love stitch. always will.
I agree!:D

jaredliu

I do have to admit that for me the most fun part of SGE is hearing the screaming from squeamish. I love the crowds beacuase it always makes the ride more enjoyable.

NitroStitch

SpectroMan said:
What a shame. Lilo & Stitch is a very good movie. It is just what has happened to him since that makes me upset.

You said it! I still love Stitch, especially in "Lilo & Stitch", but the overhyping and the subpar SGE... :lookaroun

tirian

I won't judge the attraction; I've never ridden SGE. I'm waiting for the new version to open so that I don't have the pathetic images in my mind as I try to enjoy it.

However, Stitch is in far too many locations throughout WDW. At first the ads were cute, but the entire campaign now comes across as a cheap plug that would be at a movie theatre or a fast-food restaurant; WDW is the world's premiere vacation resort. The Stitch cardboard cutouts and window decals need to go.

The concerning aspect is that WDW advertising and design, which once represented the pinnacle of immersive design, has suddenly degraded to tacky, cheap garbage. In addition to being over-exposed, the Stitch advertising is neither witty nor attractive. Despite being made of steel and plastic, the arm/wand structure on SSE is nothing more than a glorified movie theatre cardboard display. Although the Sorcerer Mickey hat fits nicely into the Studios' theme, its location and purpose--it's a pin store!--contradict Disney's traditional design considerations, which focused on true quality. It just seems that the majority of WDW's new theming is overly cartoonish, cheap-looking, and unneccessarily ubiquitious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom