Are you sick of Stitch in WDW parks?

Are you sick of Stitch in WDW Parks?

• Yes, I'm tired of Disney overhyping this character.

Votes: 157 57.5%
  • No, I love Stitch and enjoy seeing him everywhere

Votes: 73 26.7%
  • I don't care!

Votes: 43 15.8%

• Total voters

PurpleDragon

Original Poster
I personally am sick of him. I haven't been down to WDW since SGE opened and I am already tired of him. All the updates I read on this site, and the pics of the parks with him everywhere, really makes me sick. Disney is trying waaaaaay to hard to force this character into the limelight. His movie came out almost 3 years ago, he wasn't even that popular then. Why all of the sudden are they trying to force his popularity?

fillerup

Well, you know the saying - If you're given lemons, make lemonade.

Disney's trying to make lemonade out of the boatload of lemons that is SGE.

PurpleDragon

Original Poster
Boatload of lemons? SGE is a horrible ride, they have gotten thousands of complaints about it. It is nothing like they hyped it up to be according to reports I've read. So if SGE is a boatload of lemons, well then they must be rotten.

surfsupdon

It is not that I am fed up with Stitch. I do not mind him.

What I am annoyed with is how Disney threw Stitch into the limelight based on advertising a subpar attraction. How is his attraction even comparable to anything else in the park? Therefore he is annoying b/c of the huge letdown.

It is fine that they advertise his attraction, but to the extent that they have been you'd think it was the next huge E ticket. The huge advertising blitz ultimately sets each family who rides the attraction up for failure, disgust, disdain, and a horrible experience that is not "classic" Disney magic that one would expect.

We should have had this advertising coup for something more deserving, like PhilharMagic.

So I do not mind Stitch, but how Disney has handled the situation may cause me to change my opinion.

PurpleDragon

Original Poster
surfsupdon said:
It is not that I am fed up with Stitch. I do not mind him.

What I am annoyed with is how Disney threw Stitch into the limelight based on advertising a subpar attraction. How is his attraction even comparable to anything else in the park? Therefore he is annoying b/c of the huge letdown.

It is fine that they advertise his attraction, but to the extent that they have been you'd think it was the next huge E ticket. The huge advertising blitz ultimately sets each family who rides the attraction up for failure, disgust, disdain, and a horrible experience that is not "classic" Disney magic that one would expect.

We should have had this advertising coup for something more deserving, like PhilharMagic.

So I do not mind Stitch, but how Disney has handled the situation may cause me to change my opinion.

Thats exactly my point. I'm not so much sick of the character himself, so much as the rediculous advertising campaign Disney has placed around this subpar attraction based on a mildly popular character. I agree with you they should not be wasting this effort on this sad excuse for a ride. They should be using this advertising energy to push Philharmagic, or rides in some of the other parks.

diz420

I dont care about all the promotion thats going on right now. I hope that it will run its course soon enough. I do like Stitch. I do NOT like Stitch not having a New ride. AE was great and I went more than a few times. I wanted to see a Stitch Dark ride. STITCH has gotten a raw deal at WDW. Now due to the ride/show people have a love hate relationship with stitch. But that's just what I think....

disneymoc

I don't think Stitch is being used to hype his attraction any more than when other attractions are hyped when they open. I think it will be interesting to see what happens when Soarin' and EE opens. I think Stitch will die down then.

I remember a thread when SGE first opened about how some people wish the park had down more with Stitch than just tping the castle. Some wanted to have some part of him in every land. Just a thought.

Fantasmic!329

PurpleDragon said:
I personally am sick of him. I haven't been down to WDW since SGE opened and I am already tired of him. All the updates I read on this site, and the pics of the parks with him everywhere, really makes me sick. Disney is trying waaaaaay to hard to force this character into the limelight. His movie came out almost 3 years ago, he wasn't even that popular then. Why all of the sudden are they trying to force his popularity?

What you said!

BeachClubVillas

I never used to mind Stitch. In fact, I used to think he was cute. I think it's just the amazing amount of overexposure that has gone into the little guy in the past year or so. I was down there in June and the ride hadn't even opened yet, but there was a Stitch gift shop, and you couldn't get away from him. I can only imagine how bad it is now. I think people would get sick of any character that is thrown in their faces over and over again all over the parks. I mean, even Mickey Mouse doesn't get that much face time for crying out loud!

PurpleDragon

Original Poster
ThreeCircles said:

I have seen it mentioned on this board numerous times, as well as people posting articles about the negative feedback WDW has been receiving about the ride.

Do a search on this site, you'll see what I mean.

EDIT: Here are a few threads discussing the poor quality of the ride and the reaction of the General public:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=48073&highlight=SGE

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=49071&highlight=SGE

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=49151&highlight=SGE

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=48471&highlight=SGE

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=48073&highlight=SGE

SpectroMan

Every time I heard "Welcome to Stitch Kingdom," I wanted to jump out of my skin.

After riding SGE, every time I rode the monorail and the guy said, "And you won't want to miss Stitch's Great Escape," I always told everybody in my car, "Yes you want to miss it. Trust me."

General Grizz

SYNERGY DANCE! :sohappy:

:lookaroun

If Stitch were in the spirit of the MOVIE version (meaning, not ALWAYS obnoxious, but rather, cute), then I wouldn't mind. Right now, can't stand the mass-marketing. Again, just my opinion.

PurpleDragon

Original Poster
General Grizz said:
SYNERGY DANCE! :sohappy:

:lookaroun

If Stitch were in the spirit of the MOVIE version (meaning, not AWAYS obnoxious, but rather, cute), then I wouldn't mind. Right now, can't stand the mass-marketing. Again, just my opinion.

Well judging from the current poll statistics(69% is tired of Stitch), looks like others somewhat agree with that opinion. :p

P.S. I wanna be part of the D-Army! How do I join?

SirGoofy

PurpleDragon said:
Boatload of lemons? SGE is a horrible ride, they have gotten thousands of complaints about it. It is nothing like they hyped it up to be according to reports I've read. So if SGE is a boatload of lemons, well then they must be rotten.

Reports, reports, reports. Are you basing your opinion off of reports? Because you are making a mistake. I experienced SGE for the first time on Dec 30, and I thought it was very entertaining. All I heard before my trip was that it is crap, but after I saw it i thopught it was great, so please don't base your opinion on things that other people say.

Also, SGE must be a boatfull of lemons, because i did not see the wait time go below an hour while I was there. I do agree that he is being a bit over used, but it's good marketing.

General Grizz

PurpleDragon said:
Well judging from the current poll statistics(69% is tired of Stitch), looks like others somewhat agree with that opinion. :p

P.S. I wanna be part of the D-Army! How do I join?
Just visit the link in the signature.

As for the attraction, it may be going down on theater at a time in the near future. . .

jcraycraft

I think he is being way over done!!! And I not so sure that he fits well with Disney. Dont get me wrong I like Stitch and the movie but just not a big fan. Less is more :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom