Are value resorts tacky and poll: Which Value Resort is the best?

Which Value Resort is best?

• Total voters

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Actually, Art of Animation is WAY more expensive than Pop. It is really like a moderate. The cheaper rooms at AOA are 1/2 mile away from the food court. We have been staying at Pop for years, and remember when AOA was supposed to be the earlier years of Pop, but it just sat there molding and empty for years. Glad it is being used now, but way too expensive for basically the same theme and rooms as Pop.

Say what you will. It was an option. And of the two resorts, I think it's nicer and worth more of my money than Pop.

Mander

In the Parks
No
Say what you will. It was an option. And of the two resorts, I think it's nicer and worth more of my money than Pop.

In a lot of ways AOA probably is nicer. I think Pop wins out because it's actually all value rooms, not suites. I looked at AOA for a long time but the Little Mermaid just isn't my favorite and other suites weren't in my price range. I'd love to stay in a Lion King suite someday though! Glad I at least get to walk over and check it out.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
In a lot of ways AOA probably is nicer. I think Pop wins out because it's actually all value rooms, not suites. I looked at AOA for a long time but the Little Mermaid just isn't my favorite and other suites weren't in my price range. I'd love to stay in a Lion King suite someday though! Glad I at least get to walk over and check it out.
See, I got to stay in a Lion King suite! It was amazing! :) I understand the reasonings as far as pricing and room availability goes.. But it's all a matter of opinion.

Jahona

The value resorts get flack for design, but then I remember the All Stars were built in the 90s. The exterior really hasn't changed all that much since they were constructed. Theirs still a bit of the 90s left when I look at them today. The blocky nature of values kind of make them a blank slate. I could see a remodel and re-theme of the resorts possible but costly. If I ever do a short trip I'll probably consider the Values as an option to check them out again but anything longer and I'll probably look at Moderate and up.

SyracuseDisneyFan

I stayed at Art of Animation in October of 2012. That was the first time I stayed on Disney property. I loved the theming and would definitely stay there again.

SpaceMountain77

I recommend Pop Century for families that are looking to stay on property and save on their hotel room. The All Star Resorts are largely used for athletic and touring groups, which can be less than magical if you are the sole family in a building that is largely booked with group reservations.

Art of Animation is nice, but, for $250 - $400 a night for a family suite, you can find better options for a similar nightly rate.

Pixieish

I recommend Pop Century for families that are looking to stay on property and save on their hotel room. The All Star Resorts are largely used for athletic and touring groups, which can be less than magical if you are the sole family in a building that is largely booked with group reservations.

Art of Animation is nice, but, for $250 - $400 a night for a family suite, you can find better options for a similar nightly rate.
What you say about the All-Stars is not true at all. They are only there during pretty specific times of the year.

duffduff11

I have stayed at Art of Animation, Pop Century and ASM several times and my favourite has to be Art of Animation (mainly because my favourite Disney film is The Little Mermaid and we had one of those rooms!). However they're all lovely, which hotels to choose just depends on your personal preferences and interests :) I would definitely stay at a value resort again!

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I don't any value resort is better then another. I'm not saying they're all bad, quite the opposite, each one brings something different to the table. I've not yet stayed at the AOA, but I've stayed at All star resorts several times, and also the Pop century and we've always had a great time.

I love the idea of only paying 1xx or so a night compared to the Poly which can be 5x or 6x more expensive.

drp4video

Depending on the length of my trip or who I am traveling with, I either stay at Value or Moderates. (Once I did to the AKL) I have stayed at ASM and POP and prefer POP. My resort of preference though, based on only the ones I have stayed at, is POFQ.

clarabellej

Pop Century. All Star Movies. All Star Sports. All Star Music. Art of Animation. The resorts I just listed are known as value resorts, and when I ask people if I should stay there I get mixed reviews. Some say they are great but I have heard many say they are "tacky". Is this true? I would love to hear reviews or stories about the resort overall.
We love Pop Century. It meets all our needs. It is what we can afford. It is convenient and comfortable.

Quanzi30

Pop Century. All Star Movies. All Star Sports. All Star Music. Art of Animation. The resorts I just listed are known as value resorts, and when I ask people if I should stay there I get mixed reviews. Some say they are great but I have heard many say they are "tacky". Is this true? I would love to hear reviews or stories about the resort overall.
Stayed at All Star Sports this past summer. Absolutely no complaints. Just know you will get what you pay for, nothing special about the room. But we go to Disney to enjoy the parks not to stay in the room, so for the price it is exactly what we were expecting. I wouldn't say tacky by any means. It is a Disney resort, so of course it will be Disney themed. Also had no problems with there being more kids staying there. Enjoyed the food court and the options. Also enjoyed the fact that All Star Sports is the first bus stop of the AS resorts, so many times we would not have to stop at any other places along the way. Definitely would recommend. :)

Sean W

They are value resorts, and each have their own personality. They are not shabby so I don't think they are tacky. They are bold looking, but that's how they are decorated. The kids love them! I would rank them on my personal basis (and I like them all) Pop, Art, Movies, Music, & Sports.

Dapper Dan

The value resorts are fine if you just want a bed and don't care about any frills. Art of Animation and Pop are better because they have more direct bus routes, and gondolas eventually.

DfromATX

In the values, I've only stayed at Pop and Art of Animation. To be honest, Pop has been my least favorite resort so far. AofA was ok, but I also thought it was very tacky. There are 6 of us so it gets expensive and that's why I chose to go there. I personally would avoid the values, but that is just my personal taste. I didn't receive bad service or anything like that. If it's ever just my husband and me, I would definitely choose a deluxe. For now, it's moderates for us.

SpaceMountain77

What you say about the All-Stars is not true at all. They are only there during pretty specific times of the year.

Thank you for sharing your perspective. Instead of referring to your statement as untruthful, I am simply going to state that I respect your differing perspective on the All Star Resorts.

Pixieish

Thank you for sharing your perspective. Instead of referring to your statement as untruthful, I am simply going to state that I respect your differing perspective on the All Star Resorts.

I'm sorry, but it's not a matter of perspective. The fact is that the teams/cheer squads and touring groups aren't there all the time. To say that they are is hyperbole.

SpaceMountain77

I'm sorry, but it's not a matter of perspective. The fact is that the teams/cheer squads and touring groups aren't there all the time. To say that they are is hyperbole.

To support your perspective, would you please share an appropriate reference, either from an internal Disney document, news article, or manuscript published in a peer-reviewed professional journal that provides occupancy rates of groups at the All Star Resorts? I would welcome the opportunity to further understand the research that has been used to inform your perspective.

Pixieish

To support your perspective, would you please share an appropriate reference, either from an internal Disney document, news article, or manuscript published in a peer-reviewed professional journal that provides occupancy rates of groups at the All Star Resorts? I would welcome the opportunity to further understand the research that has been used to inform your perspective.

I've stayed in them several times and never once encountered a tour group (which are usually there from early Dec to late March, I believe) or a sports team or cheer squad at the resorts or on the buses. Nor have I encountered any teens in uniforms. Do those resorts get used by those groups - sure they do, but it's not all year long and they're easy to avoid if you ask around. How about you provide some documentation that the three resorts are ALWAYS catering to those groups?

SpaceMountain77

I've stayed in them several times and never once encountered a tour group (which are usually there from early Dec to late March, I believe) or a sports team or cheer squad at the resorts or on the buses. Nor have I encountered any teens in uniforms. Do those resorts get used by those groups - sure they do, but it's not all year long and they're easy to avoid if you ask around. How about you provide some documentation that the three resorts are ALWAYS catering to those groups?

Thank you for sharing your personal experience with Disney’s All Star Resorts. Your perspective has enriched this discussion thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom