Are value resorts tacky and poll: Which Value Resort is the best?

Which Value Resort is best?

• Total voters

MickeyMomV

We have stayed at all of the All Stars and have Pop booked for May. My only major complaint is the beds, I wish they came with 2 queens. I don't think they would take up that much more space. The theming at the resorts creates a fun atmosphere and some cool photos. While the resorts are not for everybody I would not call them tacky.

Weather_Lady

It's just too subjective. Are the value resorts "tacky"? Well yes, if I'm comparing them to the style of decor I'd like to have in my own living room. "Tacky" in the context of an amusement park setting that is dedicated to, among other things, cartoon animation and childhood iconography? Not at all.

As far as which one is "best," well that depends on what theme you like...

Minnesota disney fan

I didn't vote, because I've never stayed at one. But I would lean towards Pop due to the reviews it gets. It seems like a fun place to stay, and the new refurbs are great. Didn't I read that they put in queen beds at Pop with the refurbs? So, no vote, but interested in Pop. I would have said AOA before it became a dog friendly resort, just my preference to not stay at a dog friendly resort.

TARDIS

I love the values, I've stayed at mods and although beautiful, I'd rather same some cash for some Disney swag. (Now we are the type that only sleeps and showers in our room and at the parks non-stop) I love the bold very Disney feel you get at the values and the food courts are a must for us! I've never liked Pop's theming or the rooms there(haven't been to the updated ones) but love All star music and AOA the best. To each their own, everyone vacations differently and has different needs. I hear negatives and have had cast members at dining check in make comments like "oh staying there..." I just brush it off and enjoy my vacation.

Mickey5150

My love for All-Star Sports will never go away. Having just returned from a weeklong stay I feel people are too hard on the values. If you take a moment to walk around Sports and take it all in you realize the lush vegetation spread throughout the resort. Central courtyards of palm trees and bushes, the view out of my room of a palm tree grove. Or look down and notice the "wooden" boardwalk outside of Surf's Up. Yes there are giant cups of coke and larger than life whistles but to me that adds to the charm rather than subtracting.

Dave B

We have stayed at all of the All Stars and have Pop booked for May. My only major complaint is the beds, I wish they came with 2 queens. I don't think they would take up that much more space. The theming at the resorts creates a fun atmosphere and some cool photos. While the resorts are not for everybody I would not call them tacky.
I think the remodeled rooms have Queens now!!!

Last edited:

Mander

In the Parks
No
I've only stayed at one value- All Star Movies. I really enjoyed it. It was a short trip I took with my boyfriend (now fiance) while we were living in Florida. I think we stayed in the Fantasia section. My only complaint was that the AC didn't cool the room enough.

We are staying at Pop in January and I am really looking forward to it. The refurbished rooms are right up my alley and, I think, a huge improvement on the older design. Plus queen size beds! I've booked us a standard pool view so I'm hoping for something in the 80s section.

I don't think tacky is quite the right word for them. Bold? Loud? Sure. Honestly, I just can't justify the cost of bumping up to a moderate. The bus stops seem more frustrating and the rooms look just okay to me considering how much more they cost. We'd like to give renting DVC points a go someday but until then we will likely stick with Pop.

Disney Lover Addie

Original Poster
I've only stayed at one value- All Star Movies. I really enjoyed it. It was a short trip I took with my boyfriend (now fiance) while we were living in Florida. I think we stayed in the Fantasia section. My only complaint was that the AC didn't cool the room enough.

We are staying at Pop in January and I am really looking forward to it. The refurbished rooms are right up my alley and, I think, a huge improvement on the older design. Plus queen size beds! I've booked us a standard pool view so I'm hoping for something in the 80s section.

I don't think tacky is quite the right word for them. Bold? Loud? Sure. Honestly, I just can't justify the cost of bumping up to a moderate. The bus stops seem more frustrating and the rooms look just okay to me considering how much more they cost. We'd like to give renting DVC points a go someday but until then we will likely stick with Pop.

Are the buses the only transportation from the value resorts or are they in a walking distance to the parks. I have heard that the Skyliner is coming to some of the value resorts though.

Mander

In the Parks
No
Are the buses the only transportation from the value resorts or are they in a walking distance to the parks. I have heard that the Skyliner is coming to some of the value resorts though.

As of right now, the values only have buses. There is a Skyliner stop being constructed on the bridge between Pop Century and Art of Animation though.

NelleBelle

We've never stayed at a value resort, primarily because they did not have queen size beds (we are used to a king andto go from that to a double is painful! I think we always passed the Valur resorts up partly due to the theming/decor but primarily because every time we would head back to the buses, it seemed like the lines for the value resorts were crazy long to get on a bus! We also heard getting a bus in the morning is a long ordeal due to all the stops. Now that our kids are tweets and teens, and the fact we tend to take more family, we have been renting condos/homes off property and this stay, we are renting points for DVC. I did vote for AOA, however, because if it were just us, we would likely go for the bigger room with separate bedroom and kitchenette. As for types of guests, boy howdy, I agree...you can find "trashy" folk everywhere! :jawdrop:

Melissa Kelly

We've stayed at Music, Sports and Pop - most recently Pop in 2016. My only complaint, which is a bigger deal now that I'm older, is the quality of the beds. I had the worst sleep of my life at Pop, mattress was hard and worn. Aside from that, these value resorts give you everything you need. We will be back in December and decided to go Deluxe at Beach Club. Significantly more expensive but I'm hoping it's worth it. Walking to Epcot and HS was big sellin point as well as the onsite food offerings. I can't do food courts anymore.

ToTBellHop

We've stayed at Music, Sports and Pop - most recently Pop in 2016. My only complaint, which is a bigger deal now that I'm older, is the quality of the beds. I had the worst sleep of my life at Pop, mattress was hard and worn. Aside from that, these value resorts give you everything you need. We will be back in December and decided to go Deluxe at Beach Club. Significantly more expensive but I'm hoping it's worth it. Walking to Epcot and HS was big sellin point as well as the onsite food offerings. I can't do food courts anymore.
I think it’s worth it. Once we went deluxe, we never went back.

SAV

We loved POP when the kids were smaller. It was perfect for the family. They loved the oversized icons and colors and pools, etc.

As the kids got bigger, the rooms got smaller to us. And the full size beds were not working for us any longer. We moved up to Mod's for the comforts we needed.

Once the kids are on their own, I will probably consider a King room at a value again. There is nothing wrong with them.

eliza61nyc

It really bothers me that people are so snobby and mean about staying at the values. There's nothing WRONG with them...they're decorated with "in-your-face" Disney for kiddos.

I don't think folks are "snobby". You are right there is nothing "wrong" with them but there is nothing wrong with a motel 6. I just wouldn't stay there.
I have tried two of the values. first, I found them to be very loud, which I guess I should have expected but I'm sorry I did think that guest let their kids act a little worst. I think it's maybe because the halls and such are outside and folks tend to be a little quieter inside. think "use your inside voice". when we stayed at all star it just seemed like kids were running up and down, yelling at the top of their lungs all night while parents looked on.
Next the rooms are very small. Unfortunately my sons and husband are all 6 feet and taller and big (lol, play football). as soon as you walk in the room you hit the bed. I really thought about homicide just to get rid of one body in the room.

Lastly, the food courts. the last time we stayed at sports it was the end of August which is still a busy time. I hate "jockeying" for a table.

I think the themeing is supposed to be over the top. so that's why it may get the tacky label.

When folks ask me I simply say they are decorated motels. which is what they are.

wendysue

At first I was shocked that everyone was choosing Pop... Because I recently stayed there (in an older room, in July) and I thought it was... Alright. SO WHY NOT ART OF ANIMATION!?

Then I remembered... Oh right.. Room refurbs!

Actually, Art of Animation is WAY more expensive than Pop. It is really like a moderate. The cheaper rooms at AOA are 1/2 mile away from the food court. We have been staying at Pop for years, and remember when AOA was supposed to be the earlier years of Pop, but it just sat there molding and empty for years. Glad it is being used now, but way too expensive for basically the same theme and rooms as Pop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom