Are value resorts tacky and poll: Which Value Resort is the best?

Which Value Resort is best?

• Total voters

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Tacky can be fun, Especially if you let the inner tacky really flow like with overscaled sculpture etc. Victorian color schemes were over the top tacky but the overall effect was fun to see.

Bartledvd

Only stayed at AoA and hated it was a mermaid room very poor condition needed renovation badly very thin walls can really hear whats going on in other rooms and bathroom stupid sliding door would not close properly thankfully just my wife with me. This is not a issue with value as such as i really dislike beach club also room was dirty and scuff marks even though it had only just been renovated, just no excuses for a room to be in disrepair or dirty what ever price you pay.

Clamman73

Currently staying at Pop in a new room...at first seeing the pictures I thought it looked too clinical, but staying in one, I certainly like it and it certainly doesn't seem like you're staying in a tacky Value. It's very IKEAish which I like, but I have already been a victim of the new floors since I'm on the third floor (asked for top flooor)...must have been a family leaving early this morning around 5:00am and the toddler was stomping on the floor and crying...not good with these floors.

Pixieish

Currently staying at Pop in a new room...at first seeing the pictures I thought it looked too clinical, but staying in one, I certainly like it and it certainly doesn't seem like you're staying in a tacky Value. It's very IKEAish which I like, but I have already been a victim of the new floors since I'm on the third floor (asked for top flooor)...must have been a family leaving early this morning around 5:00am and the toddler was stomping on the floor and crying...not good with these floors.

Ohhh...they needed extra insulation for noise. They should have used thicker pad. (Hubby does floors for a living.)

John Dulmage

My problem with the Values is that they aren't much of a "value." They're very expensive for what you get in return.
We've only stayed at Art of Animation, but we LOVED it. The problem we had was with the exception of the Suites, you could have no more than 4 to a room. The Suites were too expensive. Plus we had a total of 7 of us (5 + 2). We solved the problem with getting adjoining rooms and it was much cheaper than a suite (people complain that the walk is too far to the Little mermaid rooms, but I didn't find that to be a problem at all!). At Art of Animation, the theming is so incredible for kids, I would highly recommend it. I'm guessing that's true at the other value resorts as well. If no kids, then I'd probably opt for Pop Century, especially with the updated rooms. Good luck!

Pixieish

We've only stayed at Art of Animation, but we LOVED it. The problem we had was with the exception of the Suites, you could have no more than 4 to a room. The Suites were too expensive. Plus we had a total of 7 of us (5 + 2). We solved the problem with getting adjoining rooms and it was much cheaper than a suite (people complain that the walk is too far to the Little mermaid rooms, but I didn't find that to be a problem at all!). At Art of Animation, the theming is so incredible for kids, I would highly recommend it. I'm guessing that's true at the other value resorts as well. If no kids, then I'd probably opt for Pop Century, especially with the updated rooms. Good luck!
People complain about distance at CBR, too. We stayed in the Pirate rooms (furthest rooms from the main building and restaurants/pool), and it was only a 7 minute walk along the water behind the buildings. I'm quick to point this out to people asking about CBR because we absolutely love the resort and the walk to us was nothing even with a 9- and 4-year-old in tow.

SSH

I find it funny that a few people (on other threads - not this one) automatically assume that value resort guests are the poor relations, compared to the high dollar mod and deluxe crowd.

Where I stay depends upon the value I get in return. Visit Universal and you'll likely see me in a deluxe hotel - I think they're a fantastic deal for what you get - that's why I stay there. I love WDW, but would never pay what they charge for a deluxe. Not because I can't - but because to me, the value just isn't there.

My favorite part about staying at all stars? My credit card bill after the vacation ends. :D We like to get away fairly often - every $500-1500+ I save just means another weekend away or cruise ship fare later.

Now I do admit I've been tempted by the mods occasionally! So who knows...I may succumb one day.

Bartledvd

Deluxe is cheaper for us than any value or mod 14 nights 4 adults and 4 kids 16 14 11 7 with 14 day tickets and free dining we save £500 staying at OKW compared to the cheapest value option we would need two rooms with same tickets and having to pay to upgrade the dining plan so no way i would pay more for a whole lot less space and amenities

JIMINYCR

I dont view any of them as Tacky. They serve a purpose, giving guests a decent alternative to stay on property and be a little easier on the budgets. Many guests otherwise would have a lesser experience staying off site. After staying at one on initial trips, they just might desire to upgrade on a return trip. AoA barely beats out Pop and is above all the others.

ohioguy

I find it funny that a few people (on other threads - not this one) automatically assume that value resort guests are the poor relations, compared to the high dollar mod and deluxe crowd.

Where I stay depends upon the value I get in return. Visit Universal and you'll likely see me in a deluxe hotel - I think they're a fantastic deal for what you get - that's why I stay there. I love WDW, but would never pay what they charge for a deluxe. Not because I can't - but because to me, the value just isn't there.

My favorite part about staying at all stars? My credit card bill after the vacation ends. :D We like to get away fairly often - every $500-1500+ I save just means another weekend away or cruise ship fare later.

Now I do admit I've been tempted by the mods occasionally! So who knows...I may succumb one day.

This a thousand times over. Can I afford a deluxe? Sure... but that means one trip instead of two (or even three!)

Pixieish

This a thousand times over. Can I afford a deluxe? Sure... but that means one trip instead of two (or even three!)

RIGHT?!? We go value so we can either save some for our next trip or spend on something else. Once in awhile we'll spend more and go moderate. My boys are still young, so every dollar counts. When they're older and paying their own way, we might go deluxe.

bhg469

Yes, but WDW is kind of tacky, which is why it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. My biggest issue with the values is that they are decorated, not themed. The mods and deluxe are themed.
Even the mods are really losing a lot of there theming. Exterior is nice sure, but inside they are becoming more and more homogenized with every refurb.

Pixieish

Deluxe is cheaper for us than any value or mod 14 nights 4 adults and 4 kids 16 14 11 7 with 14 day tickets and free dining we save £500 staying at OKW compared to the cheapest value option we would need two rooms with same tickets and having to pay to upgrade the dining plan so no way i would pay more for a whole lot less space and amenities

A friend in England informed me that you guys get different rates than people in the US do.

Club34

Some Disney value resorts have actual theming:

n016142_2020sep12_world_disney-hotel-cheyenne_900x360.jpg

Hotel Chyenne - Disneyland Paris

Or look nice on the outside:

desney-3_20160527-1024x683.jpg

Tokyo Disney Celebration Hotel

Just not so much the ones in the US.

for a second, i was like "i'm totally staying there" and then i read where those hotels are. i think there are lessons to be learned here for disney. you can make a themed value. you can.

ToTBellHop

for a second, i was like "i'm totally staying there" and then i read where those hotels are. i think there are lessons to be learned here for disney. you can make a themed value. you can.
They shouldn’t have to learn that lesson. They built the DLP resorts. Then again, they understood 60 years ago that E-tickets needed adequate capacity. This company suffers from dementia.

DisneyDoctor

I stayed at Movies in May, and decided I would never stay at another value resort (money allowing, of course). There are a variety of reasons, but I think the main reason is because of the insane number of people serviced by a single food court/main building. We came back to the hotel after a long day in the park looking to buy a small treat, but the lines were sometimes 20 people deep. Pair that with screaming children everywhere, and it was a recipe for disaster. I don't mind the long walks, but as I've gotten older my values have shifted from neat theming to comfort and low stress.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom