Are value resorts tacky and poll: Which Value Resort is the best?

Which Value Resort is best?

• Total voters

Disney Lover Addie

Original Poster
Pop Century. All Star Movies. All Star Sports. All Star Music. Art of Animation. The resorts I just listed are known as value resorts, and when I ask people if I should stay there I get mixed reviews. Some say they are great but I have heard many say they are "tacky". Is this true? I would love to hear reviews or stories about the resort overall.

The Empress Lilly

I used to not like them, but then last year I had a great day at the All-Star Music and in all fairness I really liked it there.

Tacky? Yes, a bit. They are just massive motel blocks in the middle of nowhere with big colourful objects to make them fun. Not what a world class resort should've built, not just because they are too cheap looking, but because of the wasted opportunity of having America's largest controlled holiday destination only to make it indistinguishable from the rest of Central Florida.

NeverEnufDisney

With the refurbishment at Pop underway, the refurbished rooms have had a significant upgrade. I just got back and the replacement of the tub shower combo with a full shower with rain shower head and hand shower as well as the tv upgrade, the Murphy bed/desk, and the coffee station and refrigerator, it's had a significant facelift. As for the icons for each building, you can call them tacky, but I would call them whimsical and reflective of the decade. I stayed at the All Stars as well and with all of Disney, you need to get your head thinking in a fantasy and fun frame of mind.

ToTBellHop

It really bothers me that people are so snobby and mean about staying at the values. There's nothing WRONG with them...they're decorated with "in-your-face" Disney for kiddos.
You have your opinion, others have their’s. The OP asked for opinions. It really bothers me when people get angry at someone who has a view that differs from their own.

When I was a kid, there were no values. I still loved the Resorts, mostly for the pools. You don’t need a giant Woody to make kids happy. By the time All-Star Sports opened, I was 12 and didn’t care for the pools. Further, by that age I actually cared about Disney theming and storytelling. The values have neither. On the other hand, they have the best food courts.

Call me snobby and mean if that makes you feel better. I’m trying to be objective.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
At first I was shocked that everyone was choosing Pop... Because I recently stayed there (in an older room, in July) and I thought it was... Alright. SO WHY NOT ART OF ANIMATION!?

Then I remembered... Oh right.. Room refurbs!

Animaniac93-98

Some Disney value resorts have actual theming:

n016142_2020sep12_world_disney-hotel-cheyenne_900x360.jpg

Hotel Chyenne - Disneyland Paris

Or look nice on the outside:

desney-3_20160527-1024x683.jpg

Tokyo Disney Celebration Hotel

Just not so much the ones in the US.

Pixieish

You have your opinion, others have their’s. The OP asked for opinions. It really bothers me when people get angry at someone who has a view that differs from their own.

When I was a kid, there were no values. I still loved the Resorts, mostly for the pools. You don’t need a giant Woody to make kids happy. By the time All-Star Sports opened, I was 12 and didn’t care for the pools. Further, by that age I actually cared about Disney theming and storytelling. The values have neither. On the other hand, they have the best food courts.

Call me snobby and mean if that makes you feel better. I’m trying to be objective.

I'm not saying having a different opinion is snobby - I have seen some REALLY snobby responses to people asking about the value resorts...like "OMG. I would NEVER stay at a value. Have you seen the people that stay there?" THAT is snobbishness at its worst - and that was one I saw about two days ago.

I prefer the moderates, myself...but we stayed at AS Movies for our boys' first trip, and they fell in love with it, so it will always hold a special place in my heart.

ToTBellHop

I'm not saying having a different opinion is snobby - I have seen some REALLY snobby responses to people asking about the value resorts...like "OMG. I would NEVER stay at a value. Have you seen the people that stay there?" THAT is snobbishness at its worst - and that was one I saw about two days ago.

I prefer the moderates, myself...but we stayed at AS Movies for our boys' first trip, and they fell in love with it, so it will always hold a special place in my heart.
Making fun of the people that stay there is too far. I’ve seen classless fools at each resort category.

Pixieish

Making fun of the people that stay there is too far. I’ve seen classless fools at each resort category.

RIGHT?!? I can't even count the number of times I've seen people react to the values as if the people staying there are akin to walking dumpsters...it's really sad and gets me in all kinds of a mood. I've even seen one person talk like that and then post a drunken pic of herself hanging out of ill-fitting clothes while sliding down the bannister at the GF. (Gotta love people being idiots on FB! ;) )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom