Are there any restaurants you would like to see @ WDW?

hemloc

David Copperfield's Magic Underground. ;)

That one definitely won't happen now.. Unless they take Cop-a-feel's name off of it... I can only imagine the scandal that would've caused, had they actually opened that place back in the day...

Oh wait... David Blaine or Criss Angel wouldn't be much better, lol...

My vote is for Penn and Teller!!

Phonedave

A 24 hour diner that serves regional American Favorites such as Philly Cheesesteaks and hoagies, Buffalo Wings, Chicago Pizza, NY Hot Dogs, St. Louis BBQ, etc.

That would be great. I love regional foods, and you could also recreate dishes of some of the best local places and put them on the menu and perhaps provide some sort of write up about the place. Oh so many places spring to mind.

-dave

withasmile

i think they should make a retsurant that is decorated with all things in the emperor's new groove and kronk's new groove and have food that would fit that theme and it can be called 'Kronk's New Restaurant' or something like that

and they should also make a restaurant like the house of mouse show.. and it would be character dining. they show new and old mickey and minnie cartoons while we eat and every day about 5 different characters come in and do the character greetings... not just mickey and minnie, but how about peter pan, the white rabbit, pinicchio, genie, and aladdin and they will always change..

Dragonrider1227

I cannot tell you how much I want to see a House of Mouse in Disney World. My idea was to put it in DHS, make the lobby a character meet and greet (which would be great because you cna have ANY character you want there and not worry about it ruining the theme) and the actual restraunt have a screen that would show both and and new cartoons, and even every now and then have an interactive Mickey Mouse that the guests could talk to like Turtle Talk or something. (Tell me guests wouldn't rush to the chance to actually talk to Mickey Mouse) then maybe on Halloween, the whole thing gets re-themed into "House of Villians!" I also had an idea that connected to the restaurant should be a darkride through the Prop Basement.

Vernonpush

I cannot tell you how much I want to see a House of Mouse in Disney World. My idea was to put it in DHS, make the lobby a character meet and greet (which would be great because you cna have ANY character you want there and not worry about it ruining the theme) and the actual restraunt have a screen that would show both and and new cartoons, and even every now and then have an interactive Mickey Mouse that the guests could talk to like Turtle Talk or something. (Tell me guests wouldn't rush to the chance to actually talk to Mickey Mouse) then maybe on Halloween, the whole thing gets re-themed into "House of Villians!" I also had an idea that connected to the restaurant should be a darkride through the Prop Basement.

That's the best idea I've heard yet! I love it!

yankspy

It also gives people something to do while waiting for a table. Good idea. :)

Senderella

LOVE THAT IDEA!

I've always thought they should do a POTC character meal and a Star Wars character meal. There's that quick service restaurant near Star Tours that would be a good location. Knock it down and make it bigger. Theres no shortage of Star Wars characters possibilities based on Star Wars Days characters. It'd really fix that long standing gripe of "more character meals for boys".

how about P.F. chang's
I was thinking the same thing! I'm not a big fan of chain restaurants on Disney property but a P.F. Changs would be cool. The atmosphere already has a Disney vibe going and for Disney they could bring it up to the next level and go all out with elaborate authentic theming. They could even make it two or three stories.

Yankeeplex

Original Poster
With PO already there, how hard would it be to have a blow out cajun restaurant...there are plenty of brand name restaurants in NO to bring one down to WDW...especially since their economy has been destroyed since Katrina came through. That would be phenomenal.

WhatJaneSays

I would compleatly flip out if they did House of Mouse!

Forget the little ones, I'd go with my firends if there was a chance of interactive Mickey or Donald and see any of the Mickey Mouse Works/House of Mouse cartoons on a big screen. (And we're all in our mid-20s to 30s!)

Dragonrider1227

LOVE THAT IDEA!

I've always thought they should do a POTC character meal and a Star Wars character meal. There's that quick service restaurant near Star Tours that would be a good location. Knock it down and make it bigger. Theres no shortage of Star Wars characters possibilities based on Star Wars Days characters. It'd really fix that long standing gripe of "more character meals for boys".
They may be under the impression "character meals" don't sell with boys. I remember talking about the idea with my sister and that's what she thought
and thanks everyone about my idea. Maybe I should go be an Imagineer. Nah, my ideas would cost way too much money XD

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'd like to see a KFC at Downtown Disney.

Seriously...the new original recipe chicken strips are wonderful!:slurp:

It could be located where the old Adventurers Club used to be.
Blasphemy

CHICK-FIL-A in Downtown Disney.

That's all I ask.

They must not lose too much money being closed on Sundays, because they're an extremely successful company. And imagine the exclusive merchandise—cows with Mickey ears.
Chik-fil-A has a corporate policy of closing on Sunday.

I don't think that would go over too well at Disney as people complain when ANYTHING is closed at WDW.
What a Burger came to mind when I read this.
I call them water burgers, they're still good.:slurp:

Brilliant idea with the In-n-out burger...What about a WHITE CASTLE? How great would that be???????????

Nothing like them, but in the south White Castle evaporates and Krystal takes over.

Yankeeplex

Original Poster
I was wondering how an area that specialized in regional cuisine would work. Kind of like a food court type area, but each restaurant would be specializing in regional fare. The NE area for lobster + seafood, a cajun restaurant from NOLA, a southwestern style from New Mexico...you get the point. It could be a destination point on the grounds and it would add restaurants to an already great array. Just a thought.

Chape19714

What about 5 guys burgers and fries...but the 5 guys could just be Mickey, Goofy, Donald, Horace, and Pluto.

And I am mad at House of Wong as well...support the club for 19 years and one day just decide not to give the same amount of money...*sends chief hanging moon after house of wong*. I'm actually sorta surprised there was never a house of wong in DTD, just to tie the story together.

whitemule28

I really hope they keep the lower level chains and fast-food places out. It would be a tremendous waste of space and opportunity.

As for Bugaboo, the theming is pretty good, but the food is a second-rate Outback Steeakhouse. Here in the Northeast we have plenty of both and Bugaboo is treated like the Ugly Stepsister essentially. Lower quality food and terrible service that never seems to be addressed or improved.

My vote is wholeheartedly for a churrasceria. We need a good ole fashioned meat place at downtown. The atmosphere is great in these places, perfect for Disney family dining. It's not so much like a Benihana. They don't cook in front of you, they cook in a massive walk-in oven and then bring the cooking spit's directly to your table and cut it table-side for you. Usually a selection of about 15 different meats (beef, pork, lamb, etc.). We vacation in Aruba yearly and always make it to Texas de Brazil twice at least. The theming at that location (waterfall and caldera torches) combined with the atmosphere make it perfect.

www.texasdebrazil.com

KingStefan

... actually I don't know if I would eat there ...

... I'm mad at the House of Wong. They didn't come through with the money. (I'm sure if they'd would have just asked the people in the library and salon to pitch in they could have come up with the difference.)
What the heck is this all about?
...I've always thought they should do a POTC character meal and a Star Wars character meal. There's that quick service restaurant near Star Tours that would be a good location. Knock it down and make it bigger. Theres no shortage of Star Wars characters possibilities based on Star Wars Days characters. It'd really fix that long standing gripe of "more character meals for boys".
Convert the "El Pirata Y el Perico Restaurante" into a TS restaurant with a pirate character theme. That is a big waste of space. It is NEVER open when I have been there. And as hard as it is to get TS reservations, this is a real shame.
With PO already there, how hard would it be to have a blow out cajun restaurant...there are plenty of brand name restaurants in NO to bring one down to WDW...especially since their economy has been destroyed since Katrina came through. That would be phenomenal.

Yeah! Something like Papadeaux, only Disneyesque! I know that's from Texas, but I like the place anyway.

Chape19714

What the heck is this all about?

Adventurers Club. House of Wong was the restaurant that sponsored the club and donated the money every year to renew the lease on the building, in return for advertisement. The final night, they did not donate enough money, and the club closed as a result of the lease expiring. That's the story...but we all know what REALLY happened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom