Are there any restaurants you would like to see @ WDW?

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
i'd like to see the animator's palette, the one they have on the disney cruise where everything changes color throughout your meal, come to the dis.

might be a little hard to do since the timing of everything that goes on. but would be cool to see.

Ohh! That would be a great add too!! :sohappy:

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Ooooooh; that is a brilliant idea!

I'd also like to see a Blue Bayou restaurant (even though I've never eaten there) brought to Florida.

Ha ha Thanks! My DH always talk about how we would design it when we are in line to ride! How cool the rooms would be and dining show - I think it would so much fun!! :wave:

JohnWeckwerth

There used to be a restaurant next to the Chicago DisneyQuest called Jekell & Hyde Club. I believe there is still one in New York. It was a horror themed restaurant and bar. Fantastic audo-animitronics and great interaction with cast. Food was better than Planet Hollywood that we were going to go to. Thought it was run by Disney as it was between DQ and ESPN. Reminded me of Adventurers Club combined with Haunted Mansion only better! We were so upset when we saw it closed the next time we were there.

Jekyll_Baker

CHICK-FIL-A in Downtown Disney.

That's all I ask.

They must not lose too much money being closed on Sundays, because they're an extremely successful company. And imagine the exclusive merchandise—cows with Mickey ears.

That would be great, but as long as it's like one of the Dwarf House's in Atlanta (original Chick-fil-A's - offer both quick service and table service) - mmm a good Hot Brown would be good right now.

This might have limited appeal but I think it'd be a neat idea for any resort that looks a little upscale-20th century nostalgic like Boardwalk or Saratoga.

A pseudo dinner-theater venue called "On the Air." A little more elegant than many WDW eateries, not V&A fancy, but not food court casual either. The theme is that the restaurant is also a working radio station circa the late 1930s. And over the course of the night, authentic live radio comedies & dramas are recreated live every hour on the hour, with 30 minutes of low-key big-band music or jazz to assist table turnover. Get soundalikes when it comes to popular personalities of the day like Burns & Allen or Jack Benny, and have the Wurlitzer cued up for ominous music for Escape! or Suspense or Lights Out, Everybody. Sound effects guys making Bell jars being opened in a toilet sound like a flying saucer opening, or cellophane sound like fire. I think that would be a lot of fun.

Good idea - could also be combined somehow with the oft mentioned "House of Mouse" idea for a restaurant.

Yankeeplex

Original Poster
A Brazilian Churrascaria. Better yet, a Churrascaria in a brand new Brazil pavilion at Epcot.

BTW, at a Churrascaria, all kinds of meats are cooked on spits over an open flame. Then those spits are delivered to the table where individual portions are sliced from the spit right onto your plate. And the meats keeps on coming and coming!

That would be a great idea...I wonder if they could theme something around that. Since Ohana kind of does something similar, with the open grill cooking, maybe they could use some kind of caveman type theme...open fire cooking, put it in a cave type atmosphere...who knows. But I would love to have that type of restaurant.

Larry Mondello

545-IN-N-OUT-BURGER-ED.jpg
http://www.monkeypolice.co.uk/sanfrancisco2005/Images/545-IN-N-OUT-BURGER-ED.jpg

Dragonrider1227

Here's an idea. WDW loves McDonalds so much, they should build a McDonalds in DHS that is an exact replica of the original 1955 McDonalds. Complete with original arches. Disney gets to outsource their food, McDonalds makes money, WDW goes get a unique experience, it'd be awesome!

WhatJaneSays

Thank You I was hoping someone would pick up on what I wrote...
... actually I don't know if I would eat there ...

... I'm mad at the House of Wong. They didn't come through with the money. (I'm sure if they'd would have just asked the people in the library and salon to pitch in they could have come up with the difference.)

markc

I personally would like to see a Cheescake Factory brought in. Great menu that caters to everybody tastes. What would you add?

It's Ironic you mention a Cheesecake Factory. One was supposed to go into where the Rock and Roll Beach Club is. It was one of many of the proposed plans for the space - Cheesecake Factory was heavily in favor of it (and it was supposed to essentially create one of the largest Cheesecake Factories in the country), but talks broke down after Disney eventually rejected the idea, which lead to the dissolving of the relationship between the two companies.

tirian

Let me begin by stating my undying love for Chick-Fil-A. I have always loved it and always will.

Having said that...

Raising Cane's > Chick-Fil-A

End of story.

I may die of joy if they put a Raising Cane's in WDW somewhere...

Eh, not enough variety. But their sauce is amazing.

hemloc

Resurrect Chi-Chi's and replace that sorry restaurant in the Mexico pavilion!!!

Oh, and a REAL midwestern style frozen custard stand that sells butter burgers and deep fried cheddar cheese curds:slurp:!!!

November Girl

A 24 hour diner that serves regional American Favorites such as Philly Cheesesteaks and hoagies, Buffalo Wings, Chicago Pizza, NY Hot Dogs, St. Louis BBQ, etc.

A "5 Guys" for burgers in Downtown Disney

A real Italian restaurant.

maelstrom

David Copperfield's Magic Underground. ;)

But anyways. I really like Carmine's; there's a couple of them in New York City (one is in Times Square) and there's one at the Tropicana in Atlantic City. There's also a PF Chang's at the Tropicana. Oh, and Red Square! They should build a Russia pavilion in World Showcase and add a Red Square restaurant.

Bugaboo Creek... is it a chain? I've been to the one in Poughkeepsie.

Flower'sChild

I always thought a Haunted Mansion themed would be cool. Coffin tables, cob webbs, "poisioned" drinks, maby even a small show with a scene from HM played out. Other ideas?

I would also like to see a Pirate themed Restaurant. They could have Treasure chests, skulls,maps ect. > They could also have Pirates both male and female walking around.

I would want to get photos taken with the female Pirates :eek:

Phonedave

Oh please no...

Sorry, but as a born-and-raised New Orleanian, I can safely say that that restaurant tastes nothing like the foods of NOLA. It's always been said that you shouldn't eat New Orleans food in restaurants that didn't have origins in the city, and this is a perfect example.

As for restaurants to add...I really want Alfredo's back.

I was at the opening weekend of F&W and the CM that renewed my AP was from NOLA. She mentioned to me that she allways looks foward to F&W so she can visit the New Orleans booth for crawfish because she can't get them otherwise. I mentioned to her that while I am not from NOLA, I have been there, and those things they serve in PO:FQ are not beignets. I don't know what they are, but beignets they ain't. She laughed and agreed with me.

We used to get crawfish etouffee at a place up here in NJ of all places - Jose Tejas. Why it was on the menu I have no idea, but I went there a lot before it burned down.

-dave

Phonedave

Ditto an actual, bona fide pizzeria. Not an Italian restaurant with pizza as an option. A pizzeria.

I found a new favorite pizzeria today out in Bernards today by the way. It's about an hour away, but somtimes I am in that area on business. I think I found a new lunch spot.

Just thought I would mention that.

I would also like to see real pizza at WDW. For that matter I would like to see some good Italian back there as well. But please, no Olive Garden, we allready have Tonys for that.

-dave

Phonedave

Brilliant idea with the In-n-out burger...What about a WHITE CASTLE? How great would that be???????????

If you like White Castle you must make a pilgramage to NJ to visit White Manna (the one in Hackensack, not the imposter in Jersey City :)

This is a place that should be in WDW as a QSFB location - watch the video and picture the entertainment value it could have.

http://offthebroiler.wordpress.com/2006/07/25/nj-dining-white-manna/

And if they dont like that, then a White Rose System is a good second choice

http://www.hollyeats.com/WhiteRose.htm

Mmmmmm System burger. :D

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom