Are there ANY "negatives" about Disneyworld in your mind?

lazyboy97o

If this is a negative... that there are so many diehards like us. It makes it impossible to do a spontaneous short notice trip. You really need to book it way out to get the deal or resort you want. Then dinner reservations...WOW...we are aggressive on the 180 day thing aren't we?! SO the problem becomes you have to book way out, get your dinner reserv's as quickly as possible. THEN there is the agonizing wait until your trip. That is a long 6 months! Imagine a world where you could book a trip to Disney a few weeks out, get your reserv's and only wait a few weeks to go. Oh if only. In conclusion Disney has too many people that love it. Damn us for loving the mouse so much.
A lot of this is designed by Disney.

WellFedDave

Future World is a mess at Epcot, and in no way holds up to what that place used to be
I still mourn the loss of River Country, and the fact that my kids will never know the joys of the Whoop n' Holler Hollow
As folks have mentiond, the Big @$$ Hat at DHS needs to die 1000 deaths

Other than that, I'm fairly happy to overlook a lot of the concerns that others tend to have. I guess my glass is still over half-full of Pixie Dust.
Pretty spot on right here. Future World needs a ton of help. At least 2 pavilions (Imagination and Universe of Energy) need complete overhauls while Innoventions has become an afterthought for most vistors. Seriously, there's nothing pulling anyone into Innoventions anymore.
I too miss River Country, but not to the extent that most do. With the amount of damage and deterioration that the park was causing to the natural habitat, its easier to understand why it was shuttered. That being said, I'd love to see some sort of homage to it in one of the other Water Parks or some sort of re-invention of River Country elsewhere on property (sorry Fort Wilderness fans).
DHS...wow. That park needs some direction more than anything else. And yes, the Big Hat is terrible.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Pretty spot on right here. Future World needs a ton of help. At least 2 pavilions (Imagination and Universe of Energy) need complete overhauls while Innoventions has become an afterthought for most vistors. Seriously, there's nothing pulling anyone into Innoventions anymore.

I've railed against it before, but IMO, there is little left in Future World that actually works and holds to it's original concept and ideals. I can go on and on about it, but I've done it before, and really don't want to become "that Future World Hatin' Guy".

I also agree that DHS is a mess, but I'm very hopeful that the rumors of a major overhaul are true, and this is a problem that is on it's way to solving itself. I still have fun at that park when I visit, but it's the place where I feel the most that I'm in a Theme Park. The theming is not cohesive, lost, covered (BAH), and the place I'm least likely to be able to suspend my disbelief even a little bit to get lost in the park's theme.

Those are really the two big ones for me. The loss of River Country is pure nostalgia, and I'll admit that. All the other complaints are minor ones that do very little to diminish my experience as a whole for me.

NX2I85

I have given Disney a fortune over these past 14 years, and I plan to continue. But yes, there are some negatives. First, while I understand that WDW is a business and its central motivation is profit, the current ethos in which each and every decision is made for the sake of the bottom line is simply penny wise and pound foolish. Example: cutting the evening EMH from 3 to 2 hours. Perhaps there was not much happening in a park during that last hour but it meant something intangible for guests to know that it was an option.

Second, Disney needs to quit peeing on our leg and telling us it is raining. By that I mean FLE is dandy, but the promotion is way over the top. I am so glad we have FLE but why did they have to strip away SWSA in order for it to happen? FLE is a lot of fluff and not much stuff.

Third, and there is nothing to be done about this, it can be downright oppressive and unbearable to visit in the summer. Guests must cough up thousands for a vacation but the Florida weather can be so sultry that it deeply lessens the enjoyment and ROI of a vacation during certain times of the year.

Violet

My negatives have to do with weather and crowds. Now that our kids are a bit older, I don't feel right pulling them out of school in the fall (more specific to the kids, not a general statement on people who pull their kids out, more power to ya!).

Anyway, so now we are left with the summer and school breaks. School breaks are crazy crowded. Summer is crowded and wicked hot. Feel like I can't win!

Violet

Third, and there is nothing to be done about this, it can be downright oppressive and unbearable to visit in the summer. Guests must cough up thousands for a vacation but the Florida weather can be so sultry that it deeply lessens the enjoyment and ROI of a vacation during certain times of the year.

Yes!

PolynesianPrincess

As far as things that Disney can control, the large obnoxious tour groups who feel like all the rules are made for everyone EXCEPT them. I understand these groups bring in a LOT of $$$ for Disney, but they are ruining other people's vacations in the process of enjoying theirs. They need to be held to the same standard as everyone else.

Also, prices of resorts are just out of control. They are offering "discounts" yes, but these prices you get at a discount are what they should be charging all the time! It's like my favorite store I shop at in the local mall: Their jeans are always $25 or so. during Christmas, they jack up the price to $50 and then give a 50% off discount. Those who don't always shop there think they are getting a great deal (Wow, half off!!) but those who shop there all the time know that discounted price is what the jeans always are every other time of the year. I feel Disney resorts are the same way. Jack up the price then offer a 30% discount so you "think" you're getting such an awesome deal.

NX2I85

My negatives have to do with weather and crowds. Now that our kids are a bit older, I don't feel right pulling them out of school in the fall (more specific to the kids, not a general statement on people who pull their kids out, more power to ya!).

Anyway, so now we are left with the summer and school breaks. School breaks are crazy crowded. Summer is crowded and wicked hot. Feel like I can't win!
Sounds like my family. My kids are all in middle or high school now, and we just don't think we can take them out for big chunks f time like we did when they were younger. Much harder now to schedule WDW vacations because it is just not worth it for us to blow big money on a week in July or August. We wind up being creative about extending planned school breaks so as to minimize the number of missed days.

Violet

Sounds like my family. My kids are all in middle or high school now, and we just don't think we can take them out for big chunks f time like we did when they were younger. Much harder now to schedule WDW vacations because it is just not worth it for us to blow big money on a week in July or August. We wind up being creative about extending planned school breaks so as to minimize the number of missed days.

That's a good idea. I'll have to look for some of those in the calendar.

We are going the last week of August. I don't know how the weather is going to affect our trip. If it's too hot and we don't get enough done and don't think it's worth it anymore, might be the last trip for a while :(

Disvillain63

That's a good idea. I'll have to look for some of those in the calendar.

We are going the last week of August. I don't know how the weather is going to affect our trip. If it's too hot and we don't get enough done and don't think it's worth it anymore, might be the last trip for a while :(
Last week of August...it may not be the heat you have to worry about...might be a hurricane or tropical storm.

Lil.Sweet.Heart

The fact that they have decided to replace the classic Main Street Bakery with Starbucks when the bakery is always busy. It will also detract from the themeing of Main Street USA.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The fact that they have decided to replace the classic Main Street Bakery with Starbucks when the bakery is always busy. It will also detract from the themeing of Main Street USA.

The theming will remain consistent. Look at the Starbucks out in DL/DCA for an example....

StarWarsGirl

Large tour groups
I was going to say "Nah, I'm not nit picky." Then I saw this. Foreign groups of teens who pretend not to speak English are the worst. Though I did meet a group of Argentinians who were a few years younger than me and from speaking to them in Spanish, I found that they actually did not speak a whole lot of English. They actually weren't bad (except with line jumping; they weren't aware how many Americans speak Spanish), so it's not all of them, just the great majority.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom