Are there ANY "negatives" about Disneyworld in your mind?

StarWarsGirl

Sounds like my family. My kids are all in middle or high school now, and we just don't think we can take them out for big chunks f time like we did when they were younger. Much harder now to schedule WDW vacations because it is just not worth it for us to blow big money on a week in July or August. We wind up being creative about extending planned school breaks so as to minimize the number of missed days.
Same here. There's two Mondays off in a row so my parents would let my brother and me take off four days of school. With him, they're not worried about it as he's mildly autistic and his teachers say he comes back and makes great leaps and bounds, so we figure it must be stimulating. With me, I'm used to missing time (a lot of time) and still getting all A's and B's, so four days doesn't bother me or my teachers. This year I'll be in college, so I won't be missing school to go with them, but I have a longer winter break so they're sending me early with a friend. All worth it for the mouse;)

Violet

Last week of August...it may not be the heat you have to worry about...might be a hurricane or tropical storm.

Last year, we went at the end of October during the week of Hurricane Sandy up here in NJ. We had to leave NJ early so we could get out in time and miss the storm and we drove inland and had to stay over two nights in NC...

I think WDW covers some hurricane-related fees as far as rescheduling, so we'll see I guess.

Magenta Panther

The decline of show standards and maintenance for the sake of reducing costs.

Increases in prices that are simultaneous with reductions in offerings.

The reduction of menu options and increase in prices so as to make the Disney Dining Plan look like a good choice.

The BAH.

Disco Yeti.

Agree with all of that. Also: how about more outdoor seating in the Magic Kingdom? Just a few more benches here and there. And I really really hate strollers. Why in the heck do people need them for any kid over a toddler's age? The things crap up the scenery and make WDW look like a giant day care. I really wish Disney would/could enforce age limits with strollers. Too much to hope for, I know...

StarWarsGirl

That's a good idea. I'll have to look for some of those in the calendar.

We are going the last week of August. I don't know how the weather is going to affect our trip. If it's too hot and we don't get enough done and don't think it's worth it anymore, might be the last trip for a while :(
The last week in August is actually a very nice time to go. It's not too crowded because a lot of schools are back in session. What we like to do is go in the parks in the afternoon and evening and swim in the morning so we don't have to contend with the heat as much. Some people prefer to go early. Biggest thing is to drink enough water. Also, bring umbrellas or ponchos. Just do it. You may also want to try a water park one day.

Captain Chaos

Agree with all of that. Also: how about more outdoor seating in the Magic Kingdom? Just a few more benches here and there. And I really really hate strollers. Why in the heck do people need them for any kid over a toddler's age? The things crap up the scenery and make WDW look like a giant day care. I really wish Disney would/could enforce age limits with strollers. Too much to hope for, I know...
Don't worry, if they add benches to MK, you'll be the first to know.. Why you ask? MEDIA EVENT!!!! LoL...

stargrl33

1. Advance dinner reservations bum me out. I can't plan that far in advance.

But even that cloud has a silver lining, because sometimes I'll just take whatever reservation happens to be open during my trip and really end up enjoying something I wouldn't normally choose.

2. The Yeti bums me out. Still a great ride but it is infinitely frustrating that they haven't found a solution yet.

3. People who take flash pictures on dark rides, or talk loudly during the pre-shows/attractions. Most of the time I can tune them out, but it's frustrating when it happens over and over again. I just don't get it. :(

jw24

I agree with pretty much what everyone has said already with prices, crowds, rude guests and the heat, etc. I would also add the feeling of being rushed for character meet and greets. I mean, I understand there's a huge line and hogging a large chunk of time with the character isn't fair to everyone else but I just wish I could have a private meet and greet with all my favorite characters like having a nice multi-minute conversation instead of being rushed for a quick chat and photo. Trust me, there are some unsaid things I wish I could say to them if I had the chance for a long meet and greet. And above all and I can't believe no one has said this already: Having to leave when the trip is over!

Killnme

Nothing really bothers me too much, but those darn scooters and family i tow needs to stop. Have a special bussing system for those in need would really help out moving the masses. And only allow one other person to go with the person in need, not all 8 or 10 of them. The reason I say this, is that we wait wait in bus lines for 40 minute or more, only to have a scooter with ten people just show up and get on, and the person in the scooter actually got off the scooter and helped the driver pick it up and put into place.

I agree whole heartily. I push my wife through the parks in a wheelchair because she has balance issues from 2 brain tumor surgeries (she uses a walker around the house). We don't even use the Disney buses b/c even though we are a party of 3 (including our daughter) it takes forever when those people using scooters and their whole 50 person entourage are in line. We even tell our friends when we meet them that my wife is not a fastpass for everyone in our group. That if we separate we will just meet at the exit.

Another complaint is the double wide stroller. I understand the need for a stroller, but I wish Disney would go to the strollers that are long but not wide. The double wide strollers just take up to much space and you can never get around them.

My third complaint are about people that just stop in the middle of the walk ways for no reason. I get it if you are trying to take a picture, but just to stop to check something in their double wide strollers for something or just to talk kills me.

Lastly, are the large tour groups. Have fun, be loud just DON'T BE RUDE! I have learned if when we are entering a park and see little flags in the air we head in a different direction. That way we can get as much stuff done before that group heads that way.

Walt Disney1955

For me I'll say there aren't a lot of things that are negative about the place. However, Magic Kingdom was unquestionably my #1 park until I visited Disneyland for the first time last year. Without a doubt the #1 park in the world (as far as just individual parks) is Disneyland and all others should be measured by it. Lots of rides, lots of dark rides and a foot permanently in the past and future as well. They never rip their core out and the locals keep it that way.

When they built WDW they had the luxury of space. The space is nice, MK is a pretty park and I realize they were going for more of a scenic park than one crammed with more rides, but MK is too far the other way. They could use some more dark rides without the expense of losing space.

doctornick

The biggest thing that bothers me, having visited DLR two times in recent years, is the inefficient use of space and the general lack of rides (these are related). All the WDW parks just need to find a way and some $$$ to bring a lot more rides. You look at DL, with far less space and you see how there are so many rides packed in because the space is used more judiciously.

Really, right now, TDO should announce that they are building 5-10 new rides (specifically, not just "attractions") at both DHS and DAK to make up for that big shortcomings in that area.

merry68

Congestion in the MK. We were there this weekend, and it was a cluster of chaos. Strollers were everywhere. A few of them looked like pedicabs and we saw one girl on a scooter in the Emporium.. when I say scooter, I mean one of those that the kids today use that look like a bike with small wheels.. she was doing circles inside the Emporium on this thing and almost ran my daughter over. I don't think it was special needs bike either, I know you cannot tell from looks/actions, but my kids wanted to know how this other kid brought their scooter bike into the MK. I just said I do not know, because I did not.
The other parks were not bad in terms of crowds, Epcot picked up Fri evening and over the weekend naturally but DHS was dead and we never made it to DAK.

MK just seems to get worse with each of our visits- more guests, no where to put them, terrible transportation to/from the MK unless you are staying at the Contemporary.. and yet as another poster posted, Disney's goal is to totally immerse us so they can separate us from our money - merchandise, food, water...I totally agree.

The Disney Park experience is becoming very muddied and felt more like visit, spend, ride, spend, spend, spend.

And my experience had nothing to do with CMs- they were mainly great. It was just the sheer number of guests inside the MK. More capacity does not necessarily make for a better guest experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom