Are there ANY "negatives" about Disneyworld in your mind?

DABIGCHEEZ

That's a good idea. I'll have to look for some of those in the calendar.

We are going the last week of August. I don't know how the weather is going to affect our trip. If it's too hot and we don't get enough done and don't think it's worth it anymore, might be the last trip for a while :(

We have always gone during the last 2 weeks of August. Sure it is hot, but we have done everything we wanted to each year. We were going every year as we are DVCers and would basically do 1 park 1 day with the following day spent relaxing (poolside, sea rays, minigolfing, DTD, etc.) This time is less crowded than other summer weeks as many schools are back in session.

Violet

We have always gone during the last 2 weeks of August. Sure it is hot, but we have done everything we wanted to each year. We were going every year as we are DVCers and would basically do 1 park 1 day with the following day spent relaxing (poolside, sea rays, minigolfing, DTD, etc.) This time is less crowded than other summer weeks as many schools are back in session.

rob0519

Ok first let me say Disneyworld is the best place in the world...its our one and only vacation destination. Love just bout EVERYTHING concerning WDW...just having fun here so don't throw me under a Disney Bus...lol.......................Is there anything that bothers you about Disney? Are there any negatives that you can see? Things that Disney can control?
I have few...nit picking yes...but............Why can't Disney put cover overhead at Discount resorts ( pop etc) to keep people out of rain, especially in long lines? Would it break the Disney bank to put overheads?..............omg I CAN't think of any moreo_O

Wow, for those of us that have been to the World over 20 times, this could be a long list, but why? It won't change anything. I completely agree on the lack of overhead cover at the discount resorts. It makes no sense to be to have soaking wet guests or guests about to suffer heat stroke.

My other big negative is Disney's success. I hate the idea of having to book a vacation a year in advance to get a room at a deluxe resort and then fight the masses on the phone six months out to figure out where I'm going to eat dinner. My life doesn't allow me to schedule that far out.

zimm_18

Nothing really bothers me too much, but those darn scooters and family i tow needs to stop. Have a special bussing system for those in need would really help out moving the masses. And only allow one other person to go with the person in need, not all 8 or 10 of them. The reason I say this, is that we wait wait in bus lines for 40 minute or more, only to have a scooter with ten people just show up and get on, and the person in the scooter actually got off the scooter and helped the driver pick it up and put into place.

I second this! I understand there needs to be room for the scooters, wheelchairs ect, but not allowing the whole family on while the rest of the line has been waiting. At least let have them wait thru a bus. I was unaware of fastpasses for the bus system. I have been to Disney the past 3 years and find this is a big problem.

James122

The only big grievance I have with WDW besides their out-of-control pricing is the transportation system to/from MK. While I love the anticipation of riding the monorail to the park at the beginning of the day, at the end of the evening after a long day of walking, I usually just want to get back quickly, and waiting 20-30 minutes for the monorail or the boat and then waiting another 5-10 minutes for the tram at the TTC just depletes what little energy I have left.

As far as crowds go, I don't really mind them, but I usually try to avoid going during the summer months or the last week in december when WDW transforms into The Crowdedest Place On Earth.

Last edited:

Since1976

The end of night crush at MK can be horrendous. Take one wrong turn and you've been directed by a CM away from both the monorail and the ferry, and you're in a mile long line to a *bus* back to the TTC.

DfromATX

I see a lot of complaints about the busses... I've always had a pretty good experience with them and I'm glad they are there. Especially on our last trip (June 2012 at POR), excellent service! I'd like to also add cast members were awesome too.

My concerns... let's see... well, I'm not crazy about the high prices either. Somehow we make it work every couple of years, but let's face it, it's EXPENSIVE. I know a lot of people who can only dream to go once in their lifetime. The crowds bother me and I think if they would add more attractions it would alleviate some of that, especially at HS and AK.

Oh, and better cooling methods would be nice. Uni and IOA have great shades with misting fans. Halfway through the queue for HP, they even have a drink stand. Waiting 70 minutes for Rockin' Roller Coaster in the blazing sun gets pretty rough.

Disney Shib

Nothing really bothers me too much, but those darn scooters and family i tow needs to stop. Have a special bussing system for those in need would really help out moving the masses. And only allow one other person to go with the person in need, not all 8 or 10 of them. The reason I say this, is that we wait wait in bus lines for 40 minute or more, only to have a scooter with ten people just show up and get on, and the person in the scooter actually got off the scooter and helped the driver pick it up and put into place.

I've had the pleasure of being rear-ended by one of the scooter people. The driver then proceeded to yell at me as if it was my fault. (note that this was at Epcot and she had a one of those grey goose slushies in her hand) ILMAO. I saw her later that evening chasing her son around before throwing her guts up into a lion king themed shrubery near the outpost. So, in short... I agree, something needs to be done there.

LucyK

How little characters you can meet. I love the big cheese as much as the next girl but there's only so many pictures with Mickey one can have before you get tired of it. Give me rare characters, make a weekly rotation of movie characters, give me my Duck Family!

Quality of entertainment has been declining each and every year and it's all the same nowadays; same castle shows, same lame parade, same dance parties. Give me something new and inventive, full of the wonder Walt was so proud of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom