Are there ANY "negatives" about Disneyworld in your mind?

PolynesianPrincess

There are several things I can think of that are negative about Disney and some have been mentioned - cost of parking, lack of new attractions, prices of resorts.. But the one REALLY negative thing we came across on our last trip were the attitude of cast members. Over the last 3 or 4 trips we have come across some very rude CM's. I understand they don't get paid all that much, but there is no need to be rude or act like you would rather be anywhere else other than work. Seems to me lots of the CMs you see are college program kids. While I love the idea that Disney lets these kids intern there, you know some of them don't give a crap about it and only do it because Disney will look good on their resume for future job applications. I feel if the people working there really did love Disney, they would care more. I don't care who you are, if you work with the public, you should NEVER let them see you're having a bad day.

DisneyJunkie

As much as I believe WDW to be the best and only vacation place for me, I can point to several negatives (none of which will discourage me from going there, however):

- Ridiculous prices (rooms, tickets, food, gifts).
- No monorail lines to each park.
- Too many Dumbo-type rides (most of which are in the MK park alone).
- Located too far from where I currently live.
- Epcot Future World (too many outdated attractions).

PrincessNelly_NJ

The place you describe is called Disneyland, which is equally as loved but doesn't suffer these problems. I think you have mis-diagnosed the cause of the disease.

I wonder how constant that will stay now that Disneyland will be getting the same online reservations system as Disney World?.. :/

Dubman

They get some, but certainly not all, of the blame.

A cover would have helped.

Selling merchandise would have helped.

Keeping PI gated and 18+ only would have helped.

Scrapping the idea that every location needs to turn a certain profit would have helped.

I remember there was a time that you did have to pay to get in, unless you had an extra option on your park tickets.. Can't remember what the option was called though.. There was the free preview from 7-9, and it was pay/wristband required after 9:00pm. Did that change towards the end??

Weather_Lady

For one, the entire experience is overpriced for what it is. Do I love it and is it worth it to me? Yes, but I'm not blind to the fact that the cost is patently unreasonable.

My other issue is the fact that two of the four parks were opened (and have remained for more than a decade!) with insufficient attractions to occupy an entire day, and that attractions within those parks that have broken down (e.g., Expedition Everest) or been gutted (e.g., Kali River Rapids, the Backlot Tour) have been left in that sad, embarrassing state for all to see.

I still drink the Disney Kool-aid but they are about to price themselves out of my business. We used to be once a year visitors from 1999-2005 but that has been gradually been increasing to 2 or 3 years. We are booked for December of this year after visiting in July 2010 and probably won't be back until 2017 at the earliest.

It sure would be nice to see the removal of some of the stale attractions especially from the Parks other than the Magic Kingdom and have a new superheadliner and 2 to 3 new medium intensity attractions added per park.

75disney

1. I am not there.
2. Everyone else in the world has discovered how wonderful it is.
3. Guide books that give away the insider tips (like the advantages of rope drop, best time of year to visit, etc.).

Dog Ate Mouse

For me the only thing that is getting on my nerves at times is having to try and make reservations for places to eat, months in advance. I hate having to be scheduled on vacation and takes the fun of being spontaneous out of the picture. I also hate that PI is nothing but a memory. It's nice to be able to go out and have a little night life like the Comedy club or go dance and sing to 80's music or some honky tonk in the country western bar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom