are there any fiction books about wdw???

dazzer68

Original Poster
im just reading james patterson marymary and theres a few pages init where they go to disneyland park and then back to disneyland hotel, and i got me thinking are there any books with wdw in it.it was quite fun reading it. i dont mean factual books theres prob thousands of them, but and storys set in or around 'the world'

CajunEpcotLover

Great thread idea! I love to read and to commbine it with the world is awesome! Anyway, the only book I can think of is The Babysitter's Club Super Special 1: Babysitters on Board. I used to love reading that book when I was a youngster!

Nay

Try 'The Kingdom Keepers' by Ridley Pearson. It's a children's book but I really enjoyed it! It's set in the Magic Kingdom :king:

Logan5

fiction books

Actualy i read a very interesting WEBOOK called
"Down and out in the magic kingdom" it takes place in a future where the disney company has collapsed and diferent groups and families take care of the diferent parks and atractions...
Lots of drugs and scifi, but very interesting book..

http://www.craphound.com/down/download.php
you can download for free

great thread idea.....

:)

angelfaerie52

Down and out in the Magic Kingdom is by Cory Doctorow.

Waking Walt, by Larry Pontius, is about how Walt was cyrogenically frozen and they have to bring him back because of a potential company take over. I have not read it yet, but will for my thesis this semester.

redfarmer06

I know that the book "Jumper" by Steven Gould has frequent scenes in The Magic Kingdom...it's a very good book; i would recommend it to anyone!

DisneyDragon

Kingdom Keepers is supposed to be the first of a series, from what I understand. Ridley has been working with humourist Dave Barry on Peter Pan stories as well - one story about how Peter became the Pan was very cool.

Down and Out is an excellent story. The whole concept of popularity as currency was rather forward looking if you think about MySpace and Facebook. Also, thinking of pseudo-political groups managing the parks...personally I loved it.

Plus, do a Google on Walt Disney World + Fanfic to get some neat stories. Here's one link to a source http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/25503/3/0/1/

I like the fanfic concept since I've written some myself, although I should get around to posting it on the web. One concept surrounded WDW actually being a nexus to alternate dimensions with the portals being located in the attractions. It sprung from my 'geekier' days from long ago (20 years) when I still played D&D. One series of adventures in a campaign found the characters chasing some bad guys through a portal, only to end up in WDW. Unfortunately for the guests, most of the CBR was burned to the ground in a spell fight...

jillybeaner21

i agree with the Kingdom Keepers. I bought it at the Coronado Springs gift shop on my last trip. I read the whole book on the flight home to NY from Disney. It's so much fun! You'll love it!

Disneyfalcon

I know a couple of kids books!

One is "The Mystery at Walt Disney World" by Carol Marsh. It's a whole series of mystery books for kids all set in different locations. One is at Disney World and my dd loved it!

We also had a Mary Kate and Ashley book at Disney World - lol!! I don't remembe the exact title. This was in their younger days and it's a big book with tons of great full photo pictures. :)

Chux

I have both Kingdom Keepers and Down and Out In the Magic Kingdom...

Maybe I'll have time to read them on my flight to DL (First time!!!)

Although it has been previosly mentioned, I also recommend Kingdom Keepers. It is really neat and after reading it, you just wonder, could/does it really happen?

Also, the two Peter Pan books (Peter and the Starcathers #1, and Peter and the Shadow thieves #2) by Barry and Pearson are really good. They are not set in any Disney parks, but it answers any questions you might have had about Peter Pan and his friends.

ripcurl92

The Book 'Maximum Ride: School's Out Forever' has a scene in it in which the five kids are in Disneyland. It's by James Paterson. It's a great book!:)

maelstrom

"Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom" is very good. It's like WDW meets 1984 or Brave New World. It's odd but very good. Cory Doctorow, the author, is a well-known blogger who just happens to like Disney.

TwoTigersMom

Inside the Magic Kingdom : Seven Keys To Disney's Success by Tom Connellan is a great fiction book. It's about several business folks who are sent to take a tour of Disney to learn their key's to success. There are some very good ideas in there and some that Disney probably actually uses

dazzer68

Original Poster
thanks read the down and out last night...good story thanks for that one.will get the kingdom keepers aswell thanks,wanted to bump this back to first page!

rbrower

The Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson is a great book. It mostly takes place in the parks at night in the beginning but towards the end, they start to go in during the day.

Tinkerbella16

I have a book that I got when I was younger called..."Meet Me In The Magic Kingdom". I loved this book, i still have it somewhere. It's about a young girl whose family is taking a vacation to wdw and they are driving there and they are meeting other family members who took a plane there. There are drawn pictures of Main Street USA, some popular rides in full detail like POTC, Splash, HM, etc..., Cinderellas Castle, and a scene where they are watching the fireworks from the Poly beach by the Seven Seas Lagoon. This book is awesome, I would read it everyday until our wdw vacation finally arrived.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom