Are Disney food prices really over the top?

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
We do drink the drink page on cruises it comes out a lot cheaper
16oz coke etc have gone up considerable i would guess Disney will be raising their prices again soon
Does Disney still sell refillable drinks?? Haven't did that since my kids were little but remember at the resorts you use to be able to purchase those.

Lol, non alcoholic drink prices are the one of the few pricesthat doesn't shock me, where I live we have a 6c/oz sugar tax so a 20oz coke gets hit with a extra 1-1.20c tax 🤬🤬. It's on Gatorade and a lot of "energy" drinks. Lol needless to say if I buy soda it's over the bridge in Jersey

John park hopper

Does Disney still sell refillable drinks?? Haven't did that since my kids were little but remember at the resorts you use to be able to purchase those.

Lol, non alcoholic drink prices are the one of the few pricesthat doesn't shock me, where I live we have a 6c/oz sugar tax so a 20oz coke gets hit with a extra 1-1.20c tax 🤬🤬. It's on Gatorade and a lot of "energy" drinks. Lol needless to say if I buy soda it's over the bridge in Jersey
I have to laugh a sugar tax on the pretext they are attempting to improve peoples health nope just another tax to raise money

"There is no refillable mugs for the parks, however if you stay at a disney resort, they usually have them, but they can only be refilled at the resort. Cost $19.95"

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

They still sell the mugs

I wonder if the rate of use declined because of the covid restrictions that made them kinda difficult for a year+?

WorldExplorer

I have to laugh a sugar tax on the pretext they are attempting to improve peoples health nope just another tax to raise money

"There is no refillable mugs for the parks, however if you stay at a disney resort, they usually have them, but they can only be refilled at the resort. Cost $19.95"

Every time I go in the park I see whole groups with those things and I always wonder if they've just decided the one drink from the resort before leaving is worth carrying them around all day or if no one told them how they worked.

Then I lean towards the latter and feel bad for when they find out.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Every time I go in the park I see whole groups with those things and I always wonder if they've just decided the one drink from the resort before leaving is worth carrying them around all day or if no one told them how they worked.

In practice…I think that vastly limits consumption/use.
They’re clunky and no one wants to carry them around or hoof them back and forth to the rooms in the heat.

Smart.

kalel8145

They are basically a cup of coffee in the morning and a thirst quencher after the parks for us. Mostly a souvenir really. It stays in the room the whole trip.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Damn, thought I had you on ignore.
…you have to click the little button
1652709582529.gif

DfromATX

We do drink the drink page on cruises it comes out a lot cheaper
16oz coke etc have gone up considerable i would guess Disney will be raising their prices again soon

We had the drink package and not only that, we got it for half price so it was much cheaper for us. Not Disney though.

DfromATX

Last time I cruised there was an all u can drink beverage package so that would be a better deal for the big drinkers.
Yes, we had the drink package, although we were able to get it at half price. This was when cruising was first getting restarted. We don't even really drink, but I figured "why not" and I'm glad we had it. It was nice to order what I wanted without worrying about it. I suspect no such good deals now unfortunately.

TrainsOfDisney

It varies quite a bit. The Starbucks prices at Disney are only a small increase vs. my local Starbucks. I’m sure that’s because of some agreement with Starbucks.

The oak-grilled salmon at Sunshine Seasons is a great deal, especially if you get the kids portion. ($7.69).

The grilled chicken bowl at the canteen in avatar land is quite good as well ($12.99).

vikescaper

I was at a show at the amphitheater at the Florida State fairgrounds this past Sunday. I was thinking about getting one of the mixed drinks they were selling but I couldn’t really justify the $20 price tag. Granted, they were pretty large but it still seemed like a lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom