Are Disney food prices really over the top?

kalel8145

Okay, Kale.

Thanks.🙋🏾‍♀️
New Friends GIF by Peloton

celluloid

I literally have no idea where this response came from, but okay.

Have a good Saturday.

I mean, you said a restaurant was really sad.

Having different tastes is one thing. But calling a casual dining place really sad, is not a term one expects to see. So I would presume the term being hyperbolic is what got the laugh from other users. I would not get offended over it.

I think having two quick service establishments in the most attended theme park in the world where the toppings bar is often the most sought-after part would be not a good sign of quality, but those are in fact some of the best parts.

Californian Elitist

Having different tastes is one thing. But calling a casual dining place really sad, is not a term one expects to see. So I would presume the term being hyperbolic is what got the laugh from other users. I would not get offended over it.
Who’s offended?

I’d say it again. Olive Garden is sad. The food isn’t good to me. If you and others like it, that’s completely fine.

It’s unexpected for someone to not particularly like a casual restaurant chain and therefore call it “sad,” or some other adjective? Not where I’m from.

Californian Elitist

Even back in the day when I was a poor college student anything hot, plentiful etc that filled up my belly was good enough for me. When I got older I started to branch out and be more open minded instead of going to the standard poor to average quality chain restaurants.
This is the habit I’ve picked up over time. I’ll occasionally stop at a chain, but for the most part, I’m always looking for independent restaurants, or very small chains.

Lilofan

I mean shoot, the "Big Bacon Cheddar Cheeseburger Triple" at my local Wendy's costs $8.29, upfront at least...

View attachment 637576

After medical expenses and a funeral, we're talking tens or even hundreds of thousands!
Still doesn’t hold a candle to the infamous Heart Attack Grill restaurant in Las Vegas. Staff are dressed as medical staff and there is AED on site. The triple bypass burger is popular and there are burgers bigger than that on the menu.

tl77

When we stayed at the Poly in 1979 it cost $30 a night and we got a free steak and eggs breakfast at the Tangaroa Terrace every morning... granted there was a lot less to do on property back then, but now it seems like they charge for everything they possible can. It's certainly a different experience now

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I think having two quick service establishments in the most attended theme park in the world where the toppings bar is often the most sought-after part would be not a good sign of quality, but those are in fact some of the best parts.
There is a lot of “sad” food consumed in the United States.

A lot of it is economics/geography. But it’s also just habitual. Convenience is everything.

The OG isn’t awful taste wise…but it never warranted the 1500 or whatever copies it had at one time.

Pizza is the marker for me. We eat it because we’re lazy. I love a good Pizza Hut…but it is LOADED with fat and sugar. Completely unhealthy on a new level. But people eat it cause it’s easy. Papa John’s sucks out loud…and it’s like the 2nd largest chain now. Run by a nut.

Yes…our food system is “sad” in many ways. Can’t put lipstick on it.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Stayed at the Contemporary in 1977 still have the Disney Wold News paper they put out had the restaurants and prices OMG how time and costs have changed but then again the dollar was worth something then
Yeah…I can give you 3-4 last names that changed all that…

And the one that predated them predicted the future on tv and was considered a “joke” for telling the truth.

History is what it is

kalel8145

40 years ago it was definitely different. They used to sell those coloring pencils that had the different color leads lined up all down the body of it. Me and my sister used to get one every trip. It would be our last souvenir grab on the way out of the park. Those shops just outside the front.

kalel8145

40 years ago it was definitely different. They used to sell those coloring pencils that had the different color leads lined up all down the body of it. Me and my sister used to get one every trip. It would be our last souvenir grab on the way out of the park. Those shops just outside the front.
These things.
Screenshot_20220514-111015_Gallery.jpg

Lilofan

When we stayed at the Poly in 1979 it cost $30 a night and we got a free steak and eggs breakfast at the Tangaroa Terrace every morning... granted there was a lot less to do on property back then, but now it seems like they charge for everything they possible can. It's certainly a different experience now
Best breakfast Buffett I recall was when I ate at Port Orleans around 9/11 time , $12 all u can eat hot / cold items including grilled steak and sugary beignets .

Lilofan

The prices were gonna go up…that’s not worth arguing

How and to what level is a discussion
Yes prices will and have gone up . What is not going go up and out of my mouth is the big meal I had just eaten. Any buffet on property I partake in and no motion rides by me at least in the next several hours.

Disney4Lyfe

Who’s offended?

I’d say it again. Olive Garden is sad. The food isn’t good to me. If you and others like it, that’s completely fine.

It’s unexpected for someone to not particularly like a casual restaurant chain and therefore call it “sad,” or some other adjective? Not where I’m from.
Haha, who’s offended? Anyone who goes to Olive Garden. You see that, don’t you?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom